Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 86

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist v42.1.5 | DF 50.12  (Read 393605 times)

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist v41.1.5 | DF 47.04
« Reply #825 on: March 23, 2020, 09:11:22 am »

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere, or is obvious, but is there any way to filter for the trait "doesn't really care about anything anymore?" I'm trying to set up a dedicated set of corpse haulers and I'm having to go through my dwarves manually at the moment.
"is it harmful for my dwarves ? I bet it is"
Always a safe default assumption in this game 

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: March 23, 2020, 11:48:47 am »

The corresponding DFHack value is "unit.status.current_soul.personality.combat_hardened", right? I don't think DT read that yet.

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: March 24, 2020, 10:06:04 am »

The corresponding DFHack value is "unit.status.current_soul.personality.combat_hardened", right? I don't think DT read that yet.

Ah, pity. I guess I'll just make a habit of adding dwarves to the corpse haulers each time I notice a "doesn't care about anything anymore."
"is it harmful for my dwarves ? I bet it is"
Always a safe default assumption in this game 

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: March 24, 2020, 02:49:33 pm »

Actually, it supposed to be already supported (as personality trait "Detachment") but it uses a misc traits that is deprecated according to DFHack.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: March 24, 2020, 09:14:54 pm »

I don't understand the numbers on the "Needs" pane.
Spoiler: Needs Pane (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enok & Kubuk closeup. (click to show/hide)

It's sorted by Need to Pray/Meditate. Why is Endok's level 2 need to pray ranked higher than Kubuk's level 40 need to pray?

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: March 24, 2020, 10:44:30 pm »

At a guess it is because therapist is ranking based on the need to pray/meditate to the first deity on the list.  (It should be possible to confirm/refute this by looking at others on that list.) 

If so it is possible that the 'only first deity on the list' is a problem that is inherited from DF: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=10918

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: March 25, 2020, 04:19:15 am »

Does anybody know where I can find more information about the gender symbols?  I briefly skimmed through the included manual and didn't see much about them.

Spoiler: Gender Symbols (click to show/hide)

I can identify the normal male / female signs, but the gray one is a mystery to me.  I also suspect the symbols that are double male / double female mean that animal won't breed? 

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: March 25, 2020, 04:47:36 am »

I don't understand the numbers on the "Needs" pane.
Spoiler: Needs Pane (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enok & Kubuk closeup. (click to show/hide)

It's sorted by Need to Pray/Meditate. Why is Endok's level 2 need to pray ranked higher than Kubuk's level 40 need to pray?

Needs have two values: focus and level. Focus is how bad the dwarf has this need right now, it is represented by the background color. Level is how often it will be needed (more precisely the speed at which focus goes down), it is represented by the number. You can change which one is use for sorting by right-clicking the header.

Pray is special because it may aggregate several needs. Focus used for display/sorting is the worst focus of the set, level is the sum of all levels. Kubuk's worst focus is -6640 which is better than Endok's -8220.

Does anybody know where I can find more information about the gender symbols?  I briefly skimmed through the included manual and didn't see much about them.

Spoiler: Gender Symbols (click to show/hide)

I can identify the normal male / female signs, but the gray one is a mystery to me.  I also suspect the symbols that are double male / double female mean that animal won't breed? 

There are several options:
  • Check OptionsTooltipsShow gender & orientation description (require refresh), then read the tool-tip when hover the name
  • Group by "Sexual orientation"
  • Hover the symbol in the "Dwarf Details" window

Bloodyharbinger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: March 26, 2020, 08:26:36 am »

Not sure if this was mentioned before, but wanted to do my part to try and help.

Recently had a dwarf dismay over a blank thought and checked to find it was listed as an "unknown thought". I didn't think to export my save but saw someone mention new thoughts and guilds. After a bit of thinking I managed to fix it by making the guildhall fancy.
I am guessing that after agreeing to a guildhall, you have to designate a room and then raise the value passed Meeting place and into the formal Guildhall.
I looked at the list of new unknown thoughts and while some of them are close they don't 100% match what was seen. I am assuming that a dwarf will get upset if you agree to a guildhall and designated one, but don't raise the value.
I just got a new request for a guildhall so at the risk of making some dwarf sad, I am going to try and generate the thought again.

Bloodyharbinger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: March 26, 2020, 01:31:18 pm »

Not sure if this was mentioned before, but wanted to do my part to try and help.

Recently had a dwarf dismay over a blank thought and checked to find it was listed as an "unknown thought". I didn't think to export my save but saw someone mention new thoughts and guilds. After a bit of thinking I managed to fix it by making the guildhall fancy.
I am guessing that after agreeing to a guildhall, you have to designate a room and then raise the value passed Meeting place and into the formal Guildhall.
I looked at the list of new unknown thoughts and while some of them are close they don't 100% match what was seen. I am assuming that a dwarf will get upset if you agree to a guildhall and designated one, but don't raise the value.
I just got a new request for a guildhall so at the risk of making some dwarf sad, I am going to try and generate the thought again.

Found the dwarf again. "was dismayed after reliving ."
Went into thoughts and found thought value is 262 (nil) related to entity 2200.
entity 2200 is a the Farmer Guildhall location.

I can only assume that he was upset that i didn't build out the guildhall and then furnish it and now he mills about reliving that moment.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: March 26, 2020, 02:23:11 pm »

The thought was an empty message in DF itself? You should report it to DF bug tracker first.

PS: I linked your post in the corresponding dfhack issue. You should look at it if you are interested in thought research.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 02:29:41 pm by Clément »

Bloodyharbinger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: March 26, 2020, 03:08:12 pm »

The thought was an empty message in DF itself? You should report it to DF bug tracker first.

PS: I linked your post in the corresponding dfhack issue. You should look at it if you are interested in thought research.
Thanks for helping. Guess I will do my part to help too. :D
Signed up, created bug report and uploaded my save as you suggested. Hope it helps

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: March 31, 2020, 10:06:18 am »

What is a baby? What is a child? What is an adult?

DT and I had this naive belief that it was related to age. Apparently it is not: TheTimtam97 has very young adults (most are less than one year old). It breaks a lot of stuff in DT. Is it just a DF bug that I should ignore or should I support it? Maybe I should use the profession instead of age but I am afraid it will break in other cases. What about animals?

PS: I've just checked, DFHack use the profession only for isBaby/isChild/isAdult.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 10:10:47 am by Clément »

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: March 31, 2020, 10:21:59 am »

I've definitely gotten a child with negative age migrating onsite, but emancipated minors are a new one.

Animals, you can pull from raws to find unusual baby/child names, but looking at a newly-born puppy they have profession 103 (CHILD). Custom profession is a separate field.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: March 31, 2020, 11:12:22 am »

If I remember correctly, incorrect migrant age corrects itself at the next birthday. Age SHOULD be connected to the baby/child ages in the raws (and some creatures are born adult, e.g. the GCS). I think we can safely say the incorrect age report is a DF bug, but who knows when that will be fixed?
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 86