Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 87

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist v42.1.5 | DF 50.12  (Read 399920 times)

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist v41.1.6 | DF 47.04
« Reply #855 on: April 18, 2020, 08:55:18 am »

Would it be possible to display the in-game date in DT?

Already asked (and done), it will be available in a future release.

I'm wondering if there is a way to have the dock windows remember the column positions.
Each time it reads the dwarfs, the column widths reset to unreadable defaults. Am I missing a setting?

It can be done, Qt has functions for that. I'll need to add a bit of code for each view, maybe I'll forget a few. I created an issue so I remember.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: April 18, 2020, 12:37:15 pm »

Many thanks, Clément  :)

Your work on DT is excellent, and much appreciated because you are spending your free time for love of DF!  Let the rest of us (particularly those who have little or no programming ability like me) never take advantage of people who freely give of their own time so that others may benefit.

Has anyone suggested adding these to the popup information when hovering over names?

- marital status, and possibly listing their spouse (& children, but not as important)

- bedroom status (if they have a bedroom (& who shares it with them, including children(?), but not as important)
FPS in Gravearmor (850+ dwarves) is 3-6 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: April 18, 2020, 01:14:05 pm »

This popup is already crowded. I'm not fond of adding anything in it if it can be done another way. Marital status/spouse is just one line so maybe it's possible. Displaying the whole family would require its own dock widget. Room status could be an equipment-like column.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: April 22, 2020, 01:20:58 pm »

... Room status could be an equipment-like column.
I wonder if this could be a number (it would point out any dwarf who was assigned to 2 or more bedrooms) in the column.

Your other points certainly make sense.
FPS in Gravearmor (850+ dwarves) is 3-6 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: April 22, 2020, 05:34:21 pm »

Marital status might be best done with a background border or sth on the gender indicator.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: April 23, 2020, 11:27:13 am »

I am updating my build script for testing and deploying. Mostly for updating Linux build environment, adding Windows to the automated builds, and maybe fix some issues along the way. I need testers to tell if I'm breaking anything on their system, especially for Linux and macOS.

Linux

Build OS was updated from Ubuntu Trusty 14.04 to Ubuntu Trusty 16.04, and Qt from 5.2 to 5.12. This build will no longer work on older EOL distribution like Debian Jessie or Ubuntu Trusty, but this should fix the OpenSSL issue on distribution with OpenSSL 1.1 only. The AppImage also includes the dark fusion themes already shipped with the Windows builds. Download here.

Windows

All windows builds now use MSVC 2017 instead of MSVC 2015. In the future, MSVC 2015 will no longer be supported.

• The 64 bits build was updated from Qt 5.6 to Qt 5.12 and should work on Windows 7 and newer.
  • The 32 bits build still use Qt 5.6 and should continue to work on Windows Xp.

MacOS

Issues for both older and newer macOS versions were reported, so maybe I will need to make multiple builds. I am not sure what is needed so I am trying several ideas.

• Using Qt from homebrew, similar to current builds (Qt 5.14) but with minimum macOS version set to 10.13.
  • Using Qt 5.9 with minimum macOS version set to 10.9 (Qt 5.9 officially supports macOS 10.10 to 10.12).
  • Using Qt 5.12 with minimum macOS version set to 10.12, XCode updated to 10.3 (Qt 5.12 officially supports macOS 10.12 to 10.14).
  • Using Qt 5.15 (beta) with minimum macOS version to 10.13, XCode updated to 11.3 (Qt 5.15 officially supports macOS 10.13 to 10.15).

I'd like macOS 10.15 users to tell me if one of these builds (the Qt 5.15 one maybe) solve the file dialog issue (try exporting or importing grid views or roles), and older versions users to tell me whatever works for them (don't forget your macOS version in the report).

mirandamechanics

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: April 27, 2020, 10:38:31 am »

Hello! Just a question, is there anyway to rotate the grid view? I'd love to see jobs arranged vertically.

Thank you for your job with DT!

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: May 03, 2020, 03:54:19 pm »

Well, I'm finally getting back into DF after my Linux distro finally (after several years) allowed me to install the libraries necessary to compile Dwarf-Therapist.

Anyways, one of the things I love about Dwarf-Therapist is that I can connect it to the game while I'm in the "Prepare for the Journey to x screen.  This gives me access to the roles tab which I can use as a guide when assigning skill points to my dwarves before embark.  :D

Thank You.

Edit:

Oh, Fun!!!!

Now you tell me that I'm going to need QT 5.12 to compile this thing, but my distribution won't let me install anything higher than QT 5.11.  Well, looks like I'll have to wait another 7 years for the planets to align (Either that or switch to a different Linux distribution).
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 04:05:47 pm by A_Curious_Cat »
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: May 03, 2020, 11:37:33 pm »

(Clément may have more/better to add but in the meantime: )

As far as I am aware QT5.12 isn't needed to compile Therapist on linux but rather only to run the precompiled release.

To compile it first acquire the source code.  Either (assuming git is installed)
Code: [Select]
git clone https://github.com/Dwarf-Therapist/Dwarf-Therapist.gitOr from the releases page https://github.com/Dwarf-Therapist/Dwarf-Therapist/releases download the tar.gz and then extract it.

Once the source code is in a folder named (for example) Dwarf-Therapist then it can be built/compiled.  Make a new folder alongside the former and call it (say) Dwarf-Therapist-build.  Open a terminal in the new folder (or cd there if you are doing it from the command line) then
cmake ../Dwarf-Therapist
ln -s ../Dwarf-Therapist/share .
make -j$(nproc)
./dwarftherapist
make install
The second and final lines are not strictly needed since DT should download the correct memory layouts on load, and can be run manually without installation, respectively.

Then it is probably necessary (depending on distro) to deal with ptrace permissions.  There is a good summary here: https://github.com/Dwarf-Therapist/Dwarf-Therapist/blob/master/dist/ptrace_scope/README.md

Personally however I just use the cmake and make commands, move the binary to my df folder and then
sudo setcap cap_sys_ptrace=ep /path/to/dwarftherapistThen I run it manually from the terminal using ./dwarftherapist
But each to their own.  :)

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: May 04, 2020, 12:00:13 am »

I've already compiled it with QT5.11.  I thought this was something new since I cloned the project and I wouldn't be able to compile DT anymore.

Btw, do you know if there is any way to update the files after I've cloned the project without having to delete everything and clone the project again?

Also, I'm seriously thinking about moving to a different Linux distro. Definitely one that isn't Debian based (the problem I'm having looks like it affects all distros that use the debian package repositories).

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: May 04, 2020, 12:24:58 am »

git pull

more generally have a look at
man git

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: May 04, 2020, 03:24:45 am »

As far as I am aware QT5.12 isn't needed to compile Therapist on linux but rather only to run the precompiled release.

It is not even needed, Qt is included in the AppImage, you only need C/C++ libraries at least as recent as the Ubuntu 16.04 ones.

About the source code compatibility, I think I will be targeting Qt 5.6.

The second and final lines are not strictly needed since DT should download the correct memory layouts on load, and can be run manually without installation, respectively.

If you want tu use DT from the build directory without installation, you can use the BUILD_DEVMODE cmake option ("cmake -DBUILD_DEVMODE=ON <DT source directory>").

the problem I'm having looks like it affects all distros that use the debian package repositories

What is the problem?

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: May 04, 2020, 05:43:21 am »

It is not even needed, Qt is included in the AppImage, you only need C/C++ libraries at least as recent as the Ubuntu 16.04 ones.
My bad. I forgot (again) that DT linux releases are AppImages.  :-[  (Sort of their whole raison d'être....)
If you want tu use DT from the build directory without installation, you can use the BUILD_DEVMODE cmake option ("cmake -DBUILD_DEVMODE=ON <DT source directory>").
That's a good tip. I'll most likely try it out when test building in the future.  Cheers.  But generally I'm happy doing it my way, as described above.  ;)

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: May 04, 2020, 05:51:24 pm »

the problem I'm having looks like it affects all distros that use the debian package repositories

What is the problem?

QT5.12 is marked as testing and not as stable.  I've tried to use "Force version" to install it but my distro refuses to do so.  It already took almost a decade for even one version of QT5 to be marked stable and I'm afraid it'll take the same amount of time for QT5.12 to be marked stable.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: May 05, 2020, 04:26:02 am »

But you don't need Qt 5.12, so there is no problem. If for other reasons you need the most recent version of Qt you should install it from source in a special prefix (e.g. /opt/qt5.12, not /usr). But I would recommend using you distribution version whenever possible.

I don't see where it took "almost a decade", Jessie had Qt 5.3, one year after its release, a little more than two years after Qt 5.0 release. This looks like the usual Debian stable lag. Use Sid if you want new software. What I found annoying with Jessie is the old gcc version, you cannot compile DT with it (no full C++14 support). Even CentOS is better in this regard because it has extra repositories for compiling modern software.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 87