Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 87

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist v42.1.5 | DF 50.12  (Read 399025 times)

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist v41.1.6 | DF 47.04
« Reply #870 on: May 05, 2020, 10:20:46 am »

I don't see where it took "almost a decade", Jessie had Qt 5.3, one year after its release, a little more than two years after Qt 5.0 release. This looks like the usual Debian stable lag. Use Sid if you want new software. What I found annoying with Jessie is the old gcc version, you cannot compile DT with it (no full C++14 support). Even CentOS is better in this regard because it has extra repositories for compiling modern software.

I Think I may have remembered wrong.  Now that I come to think about it, I think the problem was that I couldn't upgrade QT (or a number of other things) because my distro made certain changes to the basic debian system such that attempting to upgrade certain packages (such as QT) would cause the package manager to say that I needed to completely uninstall half the software on my system (including both the standard C library and the init system) before I could upgrade the package. Again, this particular problem is specific to my distro and effects multiple packages and not just QT.  I believe the problem has to do with how changes, made by the author to the basic debian system, basically screw up the package dependencies.  As I said I need to change to a different distro.  After that, I shouldn't have any problem.

Edit:

Another thing I don't like about my distro is that I can't recompile the kernel without borking the system.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 10:33:41 am by A_Curious_Cat »
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist v41.1.7 | DF 47.04
« Reply #871 on: May 08, 2020, 06:39:28 am »

New version released: 41.1.7

The last of the 0.47 updates (at least for the issues I'm aware of) and the first using the new build scripts. I hope everything work, I didn't get any feedback from the previous test builds.

Changelog:
  • added new skills for DF 0.47
  • added new thoughts for DF 0.47
  • removed the unused line edit below the tool bar

DFFD files will be updated later (at least the win64 one, I'm not sure if I'm keeping the win32 version on DFFD).

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: May 08, 2020, 05:35:34 pm »

In the Needs tab I'm seeing all dwarfs having "untroubled nan% (0/0)" in the Focus column.
The dwarfs have lots of unfulfilled needs and their personality descriptions have the normal range of unfettered to badly distracted.
(Fort is 3 years playing with 70 dwarfs with LNP 0.47.04 r01 and r05.)
I'm seeing this same thing in both DT v41.1.6 and 41.1.7
Any thoughts?
FPS in Gravearmor (850+ dwarves) is 3-6 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: May 09, 2020, 02:09:37 am »

There was an issue with a memory layout but it is supposed to be fixed. To be sure, go to "File" → "Open data directory" and make sure the memory_layouts directory is empty. If not delete the files and restart DT.

There is also a known issue where the focus is temporarily 0/0 for new migrants or after embark until the first need change or the first opening of "Thoughts and Preferences" screen. But it does not seem to be your case.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: May 09, 2020, 08:00:38 am »

Thank you, Clément... that fixed it  :)
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: May 13, 2020, 06:42:45 pm »

I'd like to make a request, if I could.

It would be nice if the animals tab had a column for the size of the animal.  This would help a lot when determining which animals to butcher.

Also, I've noticed that, when grouping by age, the age categories aren't properly sorted.  It appears that the sorting algorithm is sorting the ages based on the first character of the age, then the second character, etc.  This leads e.g. to things like 10 month old animals being listed after 1 year old ones (and 2 month old animals being listed after both).

Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: May 14, 2020, 03:46:24 am »

You can sort by size (or age) by right clicking on the header of the name column.

Age sorting (either for groups or individuals) is broken because it only looks at the birth year (of the first creature for groups) instead of the exact age (I created an issue on github).

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: May 14, 2020, 07:30:19 pm »

A couple of unknown emotions. Forgive me if this has already been fixed in 41.1.7 but I haven't used that version yet.

Cypeace

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: May 19, 2020, 04:54:29 am »

Hi, I'm a bit lost here as to which macOS version to download for Mojave:
  • qt5.12.8
  • qt5.15.0
  • qt5.9.9
Can somebody, please, enlighten me on how to pick the correct version?

Thank you!

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist v41.1.6 | DF 47.04
« Reply #879 on: May 19, 2020, 05:07:28 am »

Use the most recent that works for you. Theoretically, 5.12 and 5.15 should work on Mojave (10.14). 5.15.0 is still a beta version but I am hoping it may fix some issues with Catalina (10.15). In the future the qt5.9 and qt5.15 versions may be enough, I am waiting for feedback to decide which versions to keep and giving more clear instructions to choose the correct one.

• Using Qt 5.9 with minimum macOS version set to 10.9 (Qt 5.9 officially supports macOS 10.10 to 10.12).
  • Using Qt 5.12 with minimum macOS version set to 10.12, XCode updated to 10.3 (Qt 5.12 officially supports macOS 10.12 to 10.14).
  • Using Qt 5.15 (beta) with minimum macOS version to 10.13, XCode updated to 11.3 (Qt 5.15 officially supports macOS 10.13 to 10.15).
(don't use the links from this old post they are outdated)

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: May 26, 2020, 09:34:33 pm »

Is there any way for DT to show which topics each scholar knows about? It would be very useful in evaluating scholars, and learning more about how research progresses.

Shimrod

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: May 27, 2020, 04:11:21 am »

Is there any way for DT to show which topics each scholar knows about? It would be very useful in evaluating scholars, and learning more about how research progresses.
There's a group of colums in the "Other Skills" tab that list the scholar skills.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: May 27, 2020, 04:38:53 am »

No, DT does not show known topics. What do you want to do with it? Are you looking for a scholar with a specific knowledge? Or do you want to see an overview for a given dwarf? If it is just for researching about research, it may be better to use DFHack.

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: May 27, 2020, 09:00:56 pm »

No, DT does not show known topics. What do you want to do with it? Are you looking for a scholar with a specific knowledge? Or do you want to see an overview for a given dwarf? If it is just for researching about research, it may be better to use DFHack.
1. I'm getting visitors who want to join as scholars. If they know about topics that my scholars don't know about, then I definitely want them.
2. If I take those new scholars, then I want to watch that new knowledge spread to the other scholars through discussion and apprenticeship.
3. If my scholars have lots of topic knowledge that isn't represented in books, then I could put them into a no-book library that will make them write a little faster.
4. Suppose I'm considering getting books from outside, whether buying, stealing, or conquering. In making that decision, it would be nice to know whether the books I'm thinking of acquiring have knowledge of topics that my scholars lack.
5. When I acquire books with outside knowledge, then I want to watch that knowledge spread through my scholars as they read the new books and discuss those topics.
6. If I run a library-focused fortress for several years, then I want to watch my scholars become super-knowledgeable. And I want to see if the knowledge tracks their skills and interests. Will the doctors stick to medical topics, or will they branch out into math or philosophy? Will the legendary mechanic study engineering, or will he be drawn to history?

Patrik's librarian script is a crucial tool for those of us who want to collect all the topics. But it only addresses books, which are half the picture. I was hoping that DT could fill in the other half.

Edit: Just now I watched a watched a grand master chemist write about liquid-liquid extraction. It's the first book on that topic in my fortress. I assume that the other scholars will read it and advance their own knowledge, but right now there's no way for me to tell.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 09:12:50 pm by Leonidas »

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: May 28, 2020, 05:22:02 am »

An overview of all topics for all scholar then. Since there is a fixed number of topics, it is theoretically possible to make a grid view. But there is a lot of them (312 if I counted correctly, I am assuming df.knowledge.xml is right place to look), it would not fit on the screen. Or maybe one grid view per domain, but even then I am not sure medicine would fit.
Code: [Select]
philosophy   37
mathematics  49
history      20
astronomy    20
naturalist   13
chemistry    24
geography    22
medicine     65
engineering  62
It would be easier to make a DFHack script that would filter the topics. DT cannot automatically change the columns to keep only the relevant ones.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 87