Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 87

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist v42.1.5 | DF 50.12  (Read 399260 times)

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist v41.2.0 | DF 47.04
« Reply #960 on: December 30, 2020, 05:48:44 am »

It was the LinuxDwarfPack.

I've tried the AppImage, as you have suggested, but I don't have much more luck. The same error shows up again.

I tested the appimage on my computer (fedora 33) and it does find the memory layouts in /tmp/.mount_DwarfT2oX3pR/usr/share/dwarftherapist/memory_layouts/. How do you start DT? Do not use options like --portable with the appimage. Are the environment variables XDG_DATA_DIRS or XDG_DATA_HOME set?

Which LinuxDwarfPack are you using exactly? I see two versions there. "LinuxDwarfPack-0.47.04-r4 (DFHack-r4)" use the --portable option but the memory layouts seem to be in the right place (no dwarftherapist subdir in share). "LinuxDwarfPack-0.47.04-r5 for Ubuntu/Debian" is more annoying for me to open, I did not investigate it yet.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 05:59:24 am by Clément »

McArcady

• Bay Watcher
  • working on a mysterious construction
    • View Profile
    • LinuxDwarfPack - a ready-to-play pack for Linux
« Reply #961 on: December 30, 2020, 05:48:11 pm »

It was the LinuxDwarfPack.
I've tried the AppImage, as you have suggested, but I don't have much more luck. The same error shows up again.
Hi Milopolitan,
Your problem seems to be specific to the release of DT provided in the LinuxDwarfPack, sorry for that! (I'm the maintainer)
If you want we can investigate in this thread: LinuxDwarfPack.

Milopolitan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: December 31, 2020, 10:15:54 am »

<snip />

I tested the appimage on my computer (fedora 33) and it does find the memory layouts in /tmp/.mount_DwarfT2oX3pR/usr/share/dwarftherapist/memory_layouts/. How do you start DT? Do not use options like --portable with the appimage. Are the environment variables XDG_DATA_DIRS or XDG_DATA_HOME set?

Which LinuxDwarfPack are you using exactly? I see two versions there. "LinuxDwarfPack-0.47.04-r4 (DFHack-r4)" use the --portable option but the memory layouts seem to be in the right place (no dwarftherapist subdir in share). "LinuxDwarfPack-0.47.04-r5 for Ubuntu/Debian" is more annoying for me to open, I did not investigate it yet.

I was using the "for Ubuntu/Debian pack". I will try with the other pack, just in case.

I start DT through the LNP itself. Thus, I think I will see directly with its maintainer. XDG_DATA_DIRS is set to a value (/usr/share/ubuntu:/usr/local/share/:/usr/share/:/var/lib/snapd/desktop) but XDG_DATA_HOME is not set.

EDIT : It appears I'm able to start DT correctly with the LinuxDwarfPack-0.47.04-r4 (DFHack-r4) pack. I will use it going forward. Thank you for the time you've spent helping me.

<snip/>
Hi Milopolitan,
Your problem seems to be specific to the release of DT provided in the LinuxDwarfPack, sorry for that! (I'm the maintainer)
If you want we can investigate in this thread: LinuxDwarfPack.

I will do that right as soon as I test the other pack.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 11:34:15 am by Milopolitan »

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: January 15, 2021, 09:17:07 pm »

Hi Clément  :)
Thank you again for the wonderful work you have done on DT!  While customizing a grid view, I was looking for a column that would show if a dwarf currently has a bedroom assigned to them... but had no success.  Is it possible to show bedroom ownership?
(edit: version 41.2.0 in Windows)
FPS in Gravearmor (850+ dwarves) is 3-6 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: January 15, 2021, 09:21:10 pm »

Thank you again for the wonderful work you have done on DT!  While customizing a grid view, I was looking for a column that would show if a dwarf currently has a bedroom assigned to them... but had no success.  Is it possible to show bedroom ownership?

I know the z status screen will show you just whether or not they have a room / furniture assigned to them, but I haven't yet found a way to determine which room is theirs other than scanning each room.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: January 15, 2021, 09:39:28 pm »

I know the z status screen will show you just whether or not they have a room / furniture assigned to them, but I haven't yet found a way to determine which room is theirs other than scanning each room.

Search for part of the dwarf's name in the "R" screen and you can zoom right to their bed  :)
(I forgot who tipped me off on that one recently, but my hat's off to them!)
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: January 16, 2021, 06:42:52 am »

No, it is not possible. But "someone" already suggested it.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: January 16, 2021, 11:05:35 am »

No, it is not possible. But "someone" already suggested it.
;) ;) ;)

Libertine Angel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: January 20, 2021, 06:34:20 pm »

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, I searched the topic and saw nothing about it, but will we get a column in Other Skills for the Schemer skill at some point? I'm not sure how functional it is but hey, Alchemy's still there, and at least Schemer is nominally considered as useful for Dungeon Masters.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: January 22, 2021, 09:42:32 am »

There are several skills that DT supports but are not shown in any default grid view. But you should be able to add them in your own custom grid views. Suggestions for improving the default ones are always welcome.

Since "Schemer" is useful for the Dungeon Master position, I could add it next to the other "administrator" skills (Appraiser/Organizer/Record Keeper). What do you think?

Other missing skills are:

Libertine Angel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: January 26, 2021, 12:51:51 pm »

Yeah, I think that makes sense, though it's perhaps worth noting that its actual effect or use is not yet apparent to us anyway. Reader seems to go hand-in-hand with the Student skill, it improves with both military training and library studies, I've always thought it helped Scribes but I could be entirely wrong.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: January 29, 2021, 06:12:25 am »

Experimental memory layouts for 0.47.05:
Only based on DFHack automated update right now, they may be full of bugs, but at least linux 64 gives a proper dwarf list.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 06:15:10 am by Clément »

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: January 29, 2021, 06:57:12 am »

I had just put up a little "Pack" with Phoebus and Soundsense, then saw the alert for this! Nice! It shows the right number of dwarves, Win64, no complaints or crashing.

Uploading it with Therapist now. . ..

https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13880
Team Bug Fix!

SEM58

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: January 31, 2021, 08:11:01 am »

On one dwarf the happiness pop-up showed
interest this is unknown thought (271)
seems to relate to the in-game thought
 was interested having an intellectual discussion with a friend.

and on another dwarf (presumably the other half of the discussion)

pleasure this is unknown thought (271)

felt pleasure having an intellectual discussion with a friend.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: January 31, 2021, 09:01:57 am »

This new thought is for 0.47.05, right?

Reported to df-structures: https://github.com/DFHack/df-structures/issues/419
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 09:11:38 am by Clément »
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 87