Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 86

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist v42.1.5 | DF 50.12  (Read 393599 times)

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist v41.2.1 | DF 0.47.05
« Reply #1005 on: March 30, 2021, 01:01:15 am »

Clément may have more/better to say but as an immediate workaround start therapist (online) and then from the menu:
file -> options -> general and under Updates uncheck the 'Automatically Check for Updates' box.
Now it should launch offline without problems.
(Updates can still be checked for manually under the help menu when online.)

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: March 30, 2021, 04:12:26 am »

I've got a weird issue. I've got the most recent version of the DF Starter and Dwarf Therapist wont start up unless my computer is connected to the internet. The game and DF hack pop up fine but if I try to start up therapist offline nothing happens. No task manager activity or anything..just a 1/4 second thought spin. If I start up therapist while online it pops up fine and continues to work if I immediately disconnect. Is it calling home for updates or something?
Clément may have more/better to say but as an immediate workaround start therapist (online) and then from the menu:
file -> options -> general and under Updates uncheck the 'Automatically Check for Updates' box.
Now it should launch offline without problems.
(Updates can still be checked for manually under the help menu when online.)
Yes, this looks like a known issue. The github issue thread contains a link to a fixed version you may want to test or you can use feelotraveller's workaround. If you are unable to access the options because of the crash, you may edit the settings file directly (C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Dwarf Therapist\Dwarf Therapist.ini on Windows), find "check_for_updates_on_startup" and change true to false.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist v41.2.2 | DF 0.47.05
« Reply #1007 on: April 05, 2021, 08:34:06 am »

New version released: 41.2.2

Changelog:
  • fixed "take it easy" need description
  • fixed attaching to DF when loading preferences from the role editor dialog
  • fixed a crash on startup when there is no internet access

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: April 08, 2021, 10:28:14 pm »

While you are in a testing mood, could you check these ones? I'd like for the 5.9 version to work with 10.10-10.12 and the 5.15 with 10.13-10.15 (and hopefully macOS 11 too).

I tested that Qt5.9.9 one in MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3 on both Intel Mac and Apple Silicon. I didn't have admin access on those computers, but it seemed like it was working.

Can anyone running Catalina and/or Big Sur confirm that [this build](https://github.com/cvuchener/Dwarf-Therapist/releases/download/untagged-434981bac7a342d0c89b/DwarfTherapist--osx64-qt5.9.9.dmg) of Dwarf Fortress can read/commit to a Dwarf Fortress instance on Big Sur or Catalina? I'm only on Mojave, but it's working fine on Mojave.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: April 29, 2021, 10:19:01 am »

Probably no big deal because this is the first time I've ever seen it happen, but throwing it out here in case it might be useful info.
DT v41.2.1 with DF 0.47.05 unmodded in Windoze 10.

In Military-Alt and Roles, we have all these 50's. Everything in Roles is at 50. All other tabs look normal.
It persists after quitting DT and DF and reopening the same fort.

However, it went back to normal after opening a different fort, saving it, and then reopening the problem fort.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: May 22, 2021, 04:07:27 pm »

Hey, I've got a problem.

DT is showing that I have 18 dwarves:

While DF only shows that I have 16:

Is there any way to make the two missing dwarves show up in DF?  I'd kind of like to make one of them my manager...

thanks in advance.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: May 22, 2021, 04:46:24 pm »

Could they be new migrants? DT may show them a little earlier than DF and I see you have a new arrival. Wait and they should enter the map.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: May 22, 2021, 05:24:08 pm »

Could they be new migrants? DT may show them a little earlier than DF and I see you have a new arrival. Wait and they should enter the map.

They were and they eventually did.  I also saved and reloaded.

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
  • Mainly a lurker unfortunetley.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: May 22, 2021, 06:43:47 pm »

They were and they eventually did.  I also saved and reloaded.

Yeah, I think DT shows the entire wave as soon as you get the announcement, while DF won't tell you about a dwarf until they actually walk onto the map.
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Does the walker chose the path, or the path the walker?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: May 23, 2021, 06:58:37 pm »

I find that a particularly useful feature. Once the migrant wave is 'decided' (I get a hefty lag-pause whenever that sort of thing happens, in my setup - from DF, that is, not a complaint about DT) I immediately review all newcomers and pre-arrange their active skills upon arrival, rather than the 'super-vanilla' method of keeping the cursor around the migrant-entry edgepoint and editing 'live' as each new non-child/non-pet arrival shows up... which can be a couple of dozen or maybe more such individuals.

The only problem I have is that I habitually de-Hunterise hunters (ditto fisherdwarves, but without this issue) which leads to having to visit the edge-spot once they've all arrived and specially arrange (to speed up the usual stock-movement, by using the parallel Dump-designation that seems easier to prioritise) that the  immediately-dropped crossbows and quivers are brought into a handier 'internal' location. But that's usually better than having stray hunters going wandering around the map again as soon as they've fulfilled their desire to report to the Meeting Area/whatever.

IOW, very normal. You can always just ignore them until they're properly on-map or even properly in-fort, if not until you decide their arrival settings need changing, or do as I do and 'cheat' a little (it's more just a time-saver - at least for me, who spends so much time on Pause for various other micromanagement reasons ;) ).

(I unset Corpse Hauling for all 'processed' individuals, as a handy flag (except on the rare occasion I need a corpse hauling, which is usually not coincident to an incoming wave so can be tagged temporarily as required without upsetting this system), plus assign a nickname (so the nicknameless are the same set). Though I'm fairly sure there's a wave-of-arrival order/group setting (that I just don't personally use, sorry, but I can see its usefulness) that can cue you in on the latest (possibly not on-map) arrivals if you have no other system in place.)

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: May 23, 2021, 07:26:37 pm »

I usually just let the hunters hunt until they run out of ammo.  Then they come back inside and behave like everyone else.

And, yes, the ability to see the new migrants in DT before they appear on the map is one of the great things about DT.  Almost as good as the ability to use the roles screen to guide skill allotment when embarking carefully.

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: May 23, 2021, 11:31:30 pm »

...  Almost as good as the ability to use the roles screen to guide skill allotment when embarking carefully.

That is a waaay easier method than what I've been doing up until now...

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: May 24, 2021, 02:03:44 am »

...  Almost as good as the ability to use the roles screen to guide skill allotment when embarking carefully.

That is a waaay easier method than what I've been doing up until now...

Choose “embark” and then choose “prepare carefully”.  Once the screen that lets you assign skills to your starting seven comes up, fire up DT.  You can even use DT to set their labors and they’ll have those labors set when the game begins.  Also, not that the DT roles screen can only guide skill allotment. It can’t assign skill points.  That has to be done in DF.

oasis789

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: July 21, 2021, 06:32:24 am »

is it possible to edit dwarf stats, traits etc in DT

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: July 21, 2021, 07:18:19 am »

is it possible to edit dwarf stats, traits etc in DT
No. That's not what it's intended for.

You'd need gui/gm-editor to hack those DF data structures. There might be some tool specifically intended for hacking dorfs.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 86