Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 86

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist v42.1.5 | DF 50.12  (Read 393467 times)

Erendir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist v41.2.2 | DF 0.47.05
« Reply #1020 on: July 22, 2021, 05:49:52 pm »

I have something strange happening right now...
Almost every role is at 50, with very few lower.
And one guy has Fish Cleaner at 0 and no tooltip when hovering over.

The "definitely not a Fish Cleaner" (and actually a necromancer) is probably what's causing it.

No idea how and why this happened.

After saving the game and loading it anew the roles are kind of fixed now and the attribute values of this dwarf improved themselves a bit.

But according to DFhack, Endurance is actually 1088 and Recuperation is 1133.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 06:05:17 pm by Erendir »

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: July 22, 2021, 06:04:51 pm »

Does it happen every time or is it just this one time? There have been reports of weird stats, but they often disappear after reloading. So I never was able to reproduce this bug.

Erendir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: July 23, 2021, 05:05:28 am »

Does it happen every time or is it just this one time?

The bugged stats change their values after reloading (and may partially disappear), but with following save I'm always having 2-3 stats with unreasonable values. https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15611

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: July 23, 2021, 10:53:05 pm »

is it possible to edit dwarf stats, traits etc in DT
No. That's not what it's intended for.

You'd need gui/gm-editor to hack those DF data structures. There might be some tool specifically intended for hacking dorfs.
gui/gm-unit is one, although it doesn't necessarily support editing everything.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: July 25, 2021, 04:22:15 am »

Does it happen every time or is it just this one time?

The bugged stats change their values after reloading (and may partially disappear), but with following save I'm always having 2-3 stats with unreasonable values. https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15611

Thank you, this should be fixed in the next release (whenever that is). For reference, fix commit is here.

Carch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: August 05, 2021, 02:46:15 pm »

so. I seem to have a new issue, can't find it on here. I downloaded the new version of DF (well. 'new' the january 28th one, 47.05); but dwarf therapist doesn't know how to talk to it? I tried the 64 bit, 32 bit. the legacy ones. none of them seem to work. they all return checksums that don't match up to the ones DT is looking for.

I got DT 41.2.2 from both the DFFD and the github, and really don't know what I can try at this point.
Carch likes steel, tin, pewter, sharks for their sharp teeth, dragons for their possessive nature and magma smelters for their warm glow.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: August 05, 2021, 03:19:28 pm »

On Windows, I guess, if you tried the legacy versions (by the way, they are not supported). The "checksums" are actually timestamps on Windows, what are they? Did you extract the data directory next to Dwarf Therapist.exe? Do you see 0.47.05 in HelpMemory Layouts? If yes, extend the section and look for the path to the memory layout, there should be only one and pointing to the DT's data directory.

Carch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: August 06, 2021, 04:27:42 am »

oh. nevermind. this is on me. apologies. it seems that I opened the wrong download first and just assumed it was the one from the main page (bay12/dwarves). I feel like an idiot now XD
and yeah, I did that, and there was a 47.05 memory layout listed for 32 and 64 bit, just didn't match up with the... legacy.. 47.05? in either 32 or 64 bit. but I thought I'd started with the main download, and didn't. < <
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 04:29:18 am by Carch »
Carch likes steel, tin, pewter, sharks for their sharp teeth, dragons for their possessive nature and magma smelters for their warm glow.

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: August 22, 2021, 05:41:42 am »

In much much earlier versions of Dwarf Therapist, labours like woodcrafting, stonecrafting, bonecarving, leatherworking, were all under the "craftsdwarf" profession group.
Currently, woodcrafting is grouped with carpentry/bowyery/woodcutting, and stonecrafting grouped with masonry/stonedetailing.

Is there a way to change this to the earlier grouping ? Why was it changed to begin with ?

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: August 22, 2021, 06:04:59 am »

Is there a way to change this to the earlier grouping ?
You can create custom grid views either from scratch or by copying an existing one then modifying it. It is done from the grid views window (Windows → Docks → Grid Views).

Why was it changed to begin with ?
I don't know. It was done by splintermind in this commit.
Quote from: splintermind
updated the default gridviews to the most recent full/compact versions
posted and removed the 'labors no spaces' view as it's replaced with the
full version. these may not be the final views as they may need a bit
more tweaking due to the influx of recent complaints about them
I guess you'll have to dig in the old forum thread to find the related discussion.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: August 22, 2021, 03:03:27 pm »

Why was it changed to begin with ?

Back in 2014 ResMar (author of the DT Manual) overhauled the gridviews.  There was some, ah, animated, discussion back at that time but it nearly all revolved around other isses - whether to hide some labours or not, and whether various labours should be turned off by toggling other, perhaps unrelated, labours (hence the -full and -compact default labour gridviews that are now included) - so the change persisted.  That's the history.

Not sure the reason was ever ennunciated (and ResMar hasn't been around for 5-ish years) but I think it has to do with visuals.  A craftsdwarf grouping following default DF would be 13 entries wide making it the biggest 'profession' group by a large margin.

Personally I'm not a fan of the current default grouping of DT, nor that of DF.  While each has something going for them I prefer my own.

Feel free to create the gridview you want for yourself.  :)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 03:10:01 pm by feelotraveller »

mross

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: August 27, 2021, 09:56:36 pm »

At first I thought DT was mis-counting animals and visitors as dwarves:

https://i.imgur.com/oFhgx0l.png

https://i.imgur.com/vYlGof8.png

But there are 35 names in the dwarf list, and the animals tab is showing animals as normal. I'll try giving each dwarf a unique nickname and see what shows up in the units menu.

Done. Only a single dwarf from the latest migration wave appears in any of the unit lists, and DT claims that wave contained 22 dwarves.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 10:01:53 pm by mross »

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: August 28, 2021, 04:07:28 am »

DT reports migrants before they have all shown up on the embark, while DF only count the ones that have arrived. I wait with processing migrants until all of them have arrived.
Is this the cause of your issue mross?

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: September 14, 2021, 08:36:12 pm »

A returning Dwarf Fortress player reminded me of the 45 degree headers of Dwarf Manager, which were indeed easier to read. Part of me is utterly convinced that Dwarf Therapist had this feature at one time, but I can't find any evidence for it, or any current setting.

Regardless, it would be a lovely quality of life enhancement!

Dwarf Manager pic for clarity:

Team Bug Fix!

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: September 15, 2021, 03:49:34 am »

They are difficult to draw, and it would be even more difficult to manage clicks on them for sorting. It is better that the headers fit in axis-aligned rectangles.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 86