Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

Animal Milk/Tallow mod question

(1/5) > >>

Xyon:
So here's an odd one, or who knows maybe its not odd this is the DF community after all.   

What would it take to mod a creatures milk so that when they are milked it would come out as fat or tallow?

scamtank:
Switching out the material is trivial. Altering the two material identifiers in the middle to something else:

--- Code: ---[MILKABLE:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:MILK:20000]
--- End code ---

...but I have no idea what happens if you make a job as hardcoded as the milking job put something non-liquid into a bucket like that. Stick to liquids or at least document the weirdness that happens when you don't.

Xyon:

--- Quote from: scamtank on November 27, 2017, 05:51:18 pm ---Switching out the material is trivial. Altering the two material identifiers in the middle to something else:

--- Code: ---[MILKABLE:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:MILK:20000]
--- End code ---

...but I have no idea what happens if you make a job as hardcoded as the milking job put something non-liquid into a bucket like that. Stick to liquids or at least document the weirdness that happens when you don't.

--- End quote ---

Mhmm, I was wondering which of the tags under the female caste needed changed.  I'll test out a few different things

IT 000:
This actually sounds quite interesting. Could you report back with your findings?

Hugo_The_Dwarf:
I think the problem would be:

A) you milk fat out of the creature at the melting point (pretty hot) into a bucket (if wood, may or may not catch fire) at this point if it didn't set anything on fire, and it finally cools to its solid state/room temp it may or may not be a GLOB item type. However what does a LIQUID_MISC turn into when solid?

Would this effectively allow you to just milk fat, cool it, and make tallow. As would that make GLOB a generic solid item type, LIQUID_MISC generic liquid type (as water in buckets is just [LIQUID_MISC:NONE:WATER:NONE]) there is no GAS_MISC naturally as we don't have anything "air tight" or needs to be in a direct sense for items, and we have POWDER_MISC which is naturally the dusting version of solid

Or we get the result of fat being in a constant liquid state, but cold. Is mined out water from ICE a GLOB? And is that a result of just hardcoded mining logic?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version