Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Gods race, Central thread [Game on break]  (Read 4493 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Gods race, Central thread [Game on break]
« on: November 28, 2017, 11:24:06 am »

The year? unknown.
The sides? one who claims to be of light, and one who claims to be of darkness.
The reason? That is outside the knowledge you need to know.
You are gods, created to help settle the debate, the debate over which force shall control this set of planes.
How? by Creating designs for new creatures, tactics, and weapons.
the rules of this engagement? all actions your master takes may be done equally by their opposite. together, you shall have no more than one ten thousandth of the power your master uses. you shall not be able to directly harm any who you do not directly make. And finally, for the first Era, none shall fight.

Spoiler: Mechanics! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Can we get a map? (click to show/hide)

Light Thread.
Darkness Thread.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 10:39:58 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gods race (Interest check)
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 11:29:23 am »

Said it before and will say it again, I'm in.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 11:34:58 am »

Mark me as interested. I will play on the 'dark' side if possible.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 11:35:22 am »

Yeah, sure, sounds good to me. I'm in.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 11:50:20 am »

Hmn. Sounds interesting. I'd prefer the light side, though I'll be fine with either depending on needs.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 11:54:31 am »

You can never have too many Arms Races (by the way this is totally an Arms Race, if it sounds fun you should check out other Arms Races).

In other words, I'm in. I'll decide which side to join later, lest the sides turn out to be imbalanced (in terms of number of players).
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 12:03:41 pm by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2017, 11:58:33 am »

In for the light side
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2017, 04:23:18 pm »

I guess I am in. Upper plane for me, to start, I guess. Unless we can start in the material plane
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 05:14:45 pm by zomara0292 »
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2017, 04:25:31 pm »

Interested for the dark side...

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2017, 05:11:11 pm »

PTW, will decide on side later.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2017, 05:19:15 pm »

I am interested, although "creations" seems a bit vague. "Units" are typically, well, there are common themes in media... It leaves one with the impression that there is no option to, say, plonk down a massive obsidian fortress to grant your forces an near-unassailable bastion in a plane. But maybe you could make a giant turtle for the same effect?

Then there is the issue of "champions" costing 30% of what our "boss" has when each action we can only spend .01% of what our "master" spends. If we ever get enough power for a champion, can we instead spend it on greater-than-or-equal-to 3000 actions' worth of other things? Or can we save it up until we get a second, and then we will have 60% of our boss' power and can enact a hostile takeover?

Where can we send things? Natives can typically only survive in their home, so asking them to walk is a bit silly. On the other hand, if we can just dump them wherever, can we just plonk down some energy-devouring grey-goo parasites in our opponents' home-plane?

These seem like sort of basic things that would likely be resolved fairly quickly, and could have a gret impact upon what we can expect from the game. But I respect that there is a certain amount of mystery intended and I am probably interested regardless.

My initial inspirations are towards "lower" but I really don't have a preference.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2017, 05:50:09 pm »

Creations is vague because it means(in the context of types of units) "Things created to defeat the other guys", You are also able to design weapons, Armor, vehicles, and structures. Designing defences for your home plane would be possible, thus you could design, and produce the massive obsidian fortress you described there, but in order to get it constructed in other areas you need half to full control of the plane, and a unit capable of constructing it there.

to quote the mechanics section,"production Phase, where you decide how much of your master's power you want to spend on creating things and what should be made" to explain further, I meant Each champion costs 30% of the units you could produce each round to create, they can be designed and modified(creating and Changing a mental image is easier than carving that image into metal with a wooden chisel), but your ability to produce them is limited to the production phase, and your ability to see their rolls is limited to the combat phase.

Natives are generally a self regrowing standing defence force with a defence bonus to their area, and are as prestated, the native people who were already there, thus grey goo would be something you'd have to march in yourself.

So does that answer your questions well enough, RAM?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 05:53:18 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2017, 09:09:32 pm »

Yep! Thankyou very much!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2017, 09:14:59 pm »

definitely interested, but, as always, I will not directly participate, as I enjoy seeing the two sides actions, banter, and failings.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2017, 09:25:43 pm »

Since this is an interest check I will tell you I am interested.

Is discord use mandatory?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 03:11:09 pm by roseheart »
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by a lack of knowledge or understanding. Maybe your own.
'No.' is a complete sentence. —Mary Kate & Ashley
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5