Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Melt % (Pedestals)  (Read 7091 times)

Maul_Junior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Melt % (Pedestals)
« on: November 28, 2017, 11:30:49 am »

Could we get melt % of Pedestals put into the Melt page?

I realize this is a very early in the release cycle, just thought I'd point out something that isn't there yet. I'm not sure how to look this up, an I don't have a wiki account.
Quote from: Meph
I didn't actually say this.

Quote from: smurfingtonthethird
there is nothing funnier than watching a goblin army get assaulted by hundreds of war chickens.

Any new discovery, sufficiently weaponize, is indistinguishable from !!FUN!!

Luriant

• Bay Watcher
  • Mediocre english, sorry
    • View Profile
Re: Melt % (Pedestals)
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 01:15:48 pm »

I search in the raw.
Make a Wooden pedestal use 1 log, and produce a [MATERIAL_SIZE:6]
In game, forge a Copper Pedestal Use 2 metal bars, so melt make 0.3*Material_Size in bars, 1.8 metal bars.

I make a game, embark with 10 copper pedestal and melt it. The game created 18 copper bars in the smelter.
Pedestal have a 90% efficiency

Tested in 44.02.
╔══╦══╗██▓▓
☺♠┼╥╤┼▲▼▓
Θ÷║πΩ║      ▓
+═╬══╣ò    ▓
≈≈▒‼^☻²
╚══╩══╝
  Σ Spkd Grn Glss Blls 252☼ 2.6Γ

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Melt % (Pedestals)
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 01:17:09 pm »

You don't need a wiki account to edit a page. You would look it up by noting how much material it takes to create a pedestal, then melting it down and noting the result.
Testing is incomplete, but preliminary results show a yield of 0.3 bars times the object's material size for anything that has a material size, or 1 bar for most furniture (regardless of size).

The material size of a pedestal (you can find it in raw/objects/item_tool.txt) is 6, but I think it's furniture, so it's best to verify.
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105376.0