Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: GODS RACE: Calad Aranarth - Era two, Phase 2  (Read 10435 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
GODS RACE: Calad Aranarth - Era two, Phase 2
« on: November 29, 2017, 02:30:31 pm »

For many millennia an unnamed force of light and an unnamed force of darkness have battled for full control over these planes, each the equal of the other, neither able to out do the other. Thus the challenge, to create and take full control of several sections of space through the creations of proxies. Thus your existence, several formless beings capable of truly free, if unstable, thought.
Your master has created you here, in his land of ice and wind, near to the portals to other Planes
As per the rules of this great game, your master has allowed you access to several basic sets of designs, and made it your choice on which one you will receive.

Finally you gained secret insight into a notable champion of your master’s own design.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Central thread
Discord
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 11:19:16 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: GODS RACE: on the edge of light
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 03:56:02 pm »

Whelp because of lack of activity for the light side, I guess I'm joining for the light side. Anyways here is my rationale for each creature and side. Cherubs are weak melee combatants and wouldn't really be effective, at best they would serve the reconnaissance role just because they would fly, they can't take a hit and would make it really difficult for them to survive even with healing; as for the elves... I really detest elves and they could only serve the ranged and skirmisher role and we need a main infantry line, in just not really interested in the elves, in all truth they digust me. The Unsouled are stronger than the cherubs and probably cheaper, even cheaper compared to the elves. They would serve a strong infantry backbone; as we try to create Paladins and Crusaders (and such)

As for the National Effort monsters; we should go stay the Archangel because healing magic is really effective with monster and units  when we combine it with tanky-style monsters.

Quote from: Votes
The Hoard Set: (1) Shadowclaw

The Archangel: (1) Shadowclaw

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 04:49:32 pm »

I agree with you, actually. Having an endless, hard to kill hord is much better as a backbone of an army. Range can be built around it. As can defence, but we do have to keep in mind that it is purely an offensive playstyle.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 04:57:32 pm »

I'm voting Cherubs. They're probably harder to make than a basic swarm soldier, and small, more intelligent fliers add good tactical options. We could do a longer ranged weapon + hit and run tactic early, or get tankier creatures.

The Blessed Set: (1) Nirur
The Hoard Set: (1) Shadowclaw

The Archangel: (2) Shadowclaw, Nirur

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 05:02:37 pm »

The Hoard Set: (2) Shadowclaw, Zomara0292

The Archangel: (3) Shadowclaw, Nirur, Zomara0292
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2017, 05:06:45 pm »

The Hoard Set: (3) Shadowclaw, Zomara0292, NUKE9.13

The Archangel: (4) Shadowclaw, Nirur, Zomara0292, NUKE9.13
Yeah, endless hoards of unkillable mooks seems pretty strong. Albeit not exactly a conventional 'light side' strategy.
Long Live United Forenia!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2017, 05:17:10 pm »

The Nature Set: (1) Glass

The Archangel: (4) Shadowclaw, Nirur, Zomara0292, NUKE9.13
In my opinion, being able to set up a strong base is most important. And beyond that, I happen to value quality over quantity.

Also, Abe, will we be specific gods of something, or are we all just sub-entities to the God of Light?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2017, 05:19:37 pm »

At the moment, you are all balls of light, while the other side is balls of darkness, thus you aren't specific gods yet.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2017, 05:21:20 pm »

...can I start being Acter-shaped now?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2017, 05:24:00 pm »

;D  Wait for later, I promise you WILL get an event where you get to form into something more solid and identifiable.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2017, 06:47:12 pm »

In my opinion, being able to set up a strong base is most important. And beyond that, I happen to value quality over quantity.

Also, Abe, will we be specific gods of something, or are we all just sub-entities to the God of Light?

Glass, the main problem with reasoning is the logical differences of technology. Elves are physically weaker for extra agility and some innate magical ability, however they are also more expensive meaning that their would be less of them. Also if you compare the technology of the two, the Hoard is superior and here's why

Compare a basic but holy spear compared to the light bow. The light bow is straight up trash, 10 meters is a range slightly past point blank, it's at a range where you can easily distinguish the features of your opponent, and 20m the max range of the bow is barely past that, it's in the close-moderate range. Basically this "ranged" weapon has horrible range. Primitive bows had double that range, and increased as technology progressed. This so called ranged weapon is barely effective as a sling and stone.

The plant wand, is really not that practical, sure it could have usage with creating treants or whatever plant magic we want to diverge on, but it would take too much research on niche tools. Compared to an actual effective military tactic, that will allow us to establish territory, this is a no brainer.

The elves have a lot of situational and conditional usage, while a straight up melee force has some practical usage with it, it would also have usage as a force to attack with
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 06:49:57 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2017, 07:16:23 pm »

+1 to hoard and archangel
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2017, 07:25:35 pm »

The light bow is straight up trash, 10 meters is a range slightly past point blank, it's at a range where you can easily distinguish the features of your opponent, and 20m the max range of the bow is barely past that, it's in the close-moderate range. Basically this "ranged" weapon has horrible range. Primitive bows had double that range, and increased as technology progressed. This so called ranged weapon is barely effective as a sling and stone.

Abe, fix this.

(I'm pretty sure this is more of an issue of Abe not knowing how to do the range than with the intended ability of the bows.)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2017, 07:46:45 pm »

I have an entirely different (And HILARIOUS) option for you:
We go with the "Beast" and go non-classic Light side, do a much, MUCH more "hardline practicality" sort of outlook. However, the trick is that the Beast likes flesh.

Stone and metal army, anyone?

Basically, we'd go with Beast
and the Nature Set, so we have a foot in the door with intelligent footsoldiers (Cherubs I'm not convinced about....I think they may be nonsentient simply because they're stupid enough to take their muscle-less selves into melee combat) and magic. We build from there.

The Nature Set: (2) Glass, Madman

The Archangel: (5) Shadowclaw, Nirur, Zomara0292, NUKE9.13, Madman
The Beast: (0)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 09:47:55 pm by Madman198237 »
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2017, 08:10:39 pm »

Guys, Abe fixed the bows, please change to elves.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12