Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf immigrant from my other fort???  (Read 1010 times)

Shadowdragon00

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill the elves with the bear you "borrowed"
    • View Profile
Dwarf immigrant from my other fort???
« on: December 09, 2017, 01:43:10 pm »

A dwarf immigrant wood cutter came to my fort and appears to be the same dwarf from a fort I did earlier in that world.He even has the custom nick name I gave him in the earlier fort.How is this possible?Maybe the legendary mason immigrant I got is from my old fort to? If so does this mean my old fort was attacked?So many questions for you guys.   

Shadowdragon00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf immigrant from my other fort???
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 01:49:33 pm »

Update:Her friends are listed and they are the dwarfs from my fort to!They all have the custom names I gave them!Sadly I cant view them, because there still in my old fort...But this IS AWESOME!!!!!!My old fave dwarf Owin is still at that fort!OMW THIS IS SO COOL!!

Nobak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 02:43:18 pm »

Yeah, migrants are chosen from eligible historical figures in your civ. It's not tied to forts being attacked.

This also means if you play a mostly-dead civ, your first fort is likely to get all the eligible migrants (and then create additional ones out of thin air) and then if you start another fort, you'll pretty much get all migrants from the first fort. I have a world where a few individual followed me through the 4 forts I made.

Historical figures are not eligible to immigrate if they have a title of some kind in their current fort (mayor, all squad leaders, bookkeeper, etc). I don't think those dwarves' spouses are eligible either.

Shadowdragon00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 03:12:11 pm »

Sweet!

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2017, 05:10:37 pm »

It also makes it tricky to repopulate the civ if it's dead, since the second fortress will deplete the first one before new void dorfs are generated. I typically get 6 out of the 7 from a "bridge" fortress (and Nobak's exclusion of position holder should make the remaining dorfs the expedition leader).