Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

how to make a necromancer-esk mod

<< < (2/2)

burrito25man:
Try checking out the warlock civ in the legacy 34.11 masterwork dwarf fortress. Meph set the bar for me in what to expect for a necromancer civ in df. Unfortunately, thr vast majority cant be ported due to its massive reliance on dfhack. To be able to do a lot of the necromancy-like things knowledge of dfhack and interactions quickly becomes essential.

:P :P to be perfectly honest, I was planning on making this kind of mod myself. Part of the reason I wrote a script to fix the butcher sentient creature bug

Good luck!!

Meph:

--- Quote from: burrito25man on December 08, 2017, 05:57:43 pm ---Try checking out the warlock civ in the legacy 34.11 masterwork dwarf fortress. Meph set the bar for me in what to expect for a necromancer civ in df. Unfortunately, thr vast majority cant be ported due to its massive reliance on dfhack. To be able to do a lot of the necromancy-like things knowledge of dfhack and interactions quickly becomes essential.

:P :P to be perfectly honest, I was planning on making this kind of mod myself. Part of the reason I wrote a script to fix the butcher sentient creature bug

Good luck!!

--- End quote ---
The warlock mode took 30 days of work to do, full time. It was super interesting to do and if you use the search you can find many threads I made about the difficulties and quirky behaviour of a necromancer in fort mode. It's almost impossible to do any reliable necromancer-interactions without dfhack though. The modding capabilities of the raws are simply not enough for that.

teddybear599:
kinda what i figured which is a bummer because it be nice to just make a "necro" creature that you can adventure with from the start without all that tower finding and book stealering.  ill wait until the current ver tops out and mods catch up and look towards making my goal a reality at that point.

bloop_bleep:

--- Quote from: teddybear599 on December 11, 2017, 07:30:32 pm ---kinda what i figured which is a bummer because it be nice to just make a "necro" creature that you can adventure with from the start without all that tower finding and book stealering.

--- End quote ---

Nah, that's pretty easy. Making a playable entity from necromancers, though, is what's hard.

Meph:
Found it: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135095.msg4877330#msg4877330

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version