Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Using DFHack to make HFS friendly to succubi  (Read 934 times)

tranquilham

• Bay Watcher
  • [TRANSLATION:OWO]
    • View Profile
Using DFHack to make HFS friendly to succubi
« on: December 02, 2017, 10:27:16 pm »

wasnt sure if i should put this in Masterwork or Modding Questions, since its technically a modding question relating to Masterwork, but oh well.

i thought id take a crack at trying to use DFHack to make the denizens of HFS friendly towards succubi, but i havent a clue on how to do it. any ideas?

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Using DFHack to make HFS friendly to succubi
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 11:05:43 pm »

Try giving them [UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:5:5], which will add Succubi to the first wave of clowns pouring out of the circus. This might make the demons friendly to your citizens. Failing that, I'd prescribe a somewhat more convoluted solution:

Remove succubi and their civ from the raw/objects folder, and let DFHack load them into memory with the addition of the [GENERATED] and, in the case of the creature, [DEMON] tags. This needs to be done at the beginning of world-gen, after the rest of the raws have been loaded in. Unfortunately, I'm not versed in DFHack, so I couldn't tell you the precise means of doing so. I know that loading them in is eminently possible, but I'm not sure about doing so before the world's been finished. Still, it should be doable with the right knowledge.

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful, but hopefully I've given you something to go on.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 11:56:16 am »

It is likely that the fort mode AI is rigged to be hostile with demons no matter what. My (long term) plans would be to give them an attack interaction that add a keyword to the combat log, then capture this with an interaction-trigger.

If the target of the interaction is a demon, run the make-citizen script that is used in the corruption reaction on the target. The result would be that any demon that come in eye contact with your citizens will become yours.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 08:11:57 pm »

It is likely that the fort mode AI is rigged to be hostile with demons no matter what. My (long term) plans would be to give them an attack interaction that add a keyword to the combat log, then capture this with an interaction-trigger.

If the target of the interaction is a demon, run the make-citizen script that is used in the corruption reaction on the target. The result would be that any demon that come in eye contact with your citizens will become yours.
I'm fairly certain that I had friendly HFS spawns before, but I don't recall exactly how and in which version. They did murder any sieges, but also the frame rate.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::