Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Assume indentity?  (Read 3603 times)

Lezeryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Assume indentity?
« on: November 27, 2017, 06:24:00 am »

what is this? I mean, whats the difference between your real name and the name you assume? Which of them will appear in the legends mode? I cant undersant nothing at all ;-;

Lezeryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Assume indentity?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 06:39:00 am »

And... how do I know my actual origin?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 07:26:26 am »

Can be used to walk into goblin sites. You just claim to be one of the resident human/dwarf/elf/goblins of their pit or one nearby.
Can also be used to keep your reputation intact while you experiment with banditry.

Try not to get confused or you'll give yourself away. Not a good idea in the heart of a dark fortress.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 07:32:30 am »

Quote from: The Creator
In adventure mode, you can assume a cover identity. You do this from the 'k' conversation menu (if you are already talking to somebody, it'll be hidden in "start new conversation".) If you choose to link your identity to a civilization, you'll be carrying that baggage with you, especially when you are being interrogated by goblin guards, so one should be prudent. To turn off the identity, go back to the "assume an identity" menu and choose the 'x' "no identity" option. You can also reuse existing identities from this menu.

I would (not yet checked it out myself or noticed anyone mentioning it any which way) presume that "you are you" in Legends, whatever character bio you set up for yourself in choosing ypur Adventurer. Perhaps with an "under the guise of Ronald The Flatulent from The Kingdom Of The Small Dangly Bit, Bert Boring of The Plain Ol' Farmers talked with, then killed, the King of The Plain Ol' Farmers... ", or words to that sort of effect.

Planning on delving into Adventure Mode tonight, if I can clear the schedules. Consider this a placeholder for what I might discover (I don't do enough Legends-diving), and/or a bump so that someone who already has this whole thing sewn up in another thread can notice this and point us all there, instead.

(Minor ninjaing, by Shonai.)

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 07:47:58 am »

Legends Mode lists you under your real name, while treating your impersonation as an event, in the same vein as creatures with the [POWER] token. To whit:
Code: [Select]
In 25, Urist McLarcen fooled the Bells of Calamity into believing he was the peddler "Cog Beersacks" from Thriskrunkus.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Lezeryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 10:23:49 am »

Thank all of u very much guys ^^

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2017, 02:06:10 pm »

(By the way, I set my max size, max age, max civilisation world to worldgen this morning, so that I'd be ready to play with tonight, then found out a I'd be essentially on the road for a few days. Adventuring, under an alias or otherwise, will be later.)

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2017, 10:05:09 pm »

Its to assume a false identity, kinda similar to what (probabbly exactly) what vampires do in fort mode, but mostly like what demons do (impersonating deities for example, i dont think you can impesonate a deity though)
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2017, 10:13:37 pm »

Its to assume a false identity, kinda similar to what (probabbly exactly) what vampires do in fort mode, but mostly like what demons do (impersonating deities for example, i dont think you can impesonate a deity though)
You've been able to impersonate a deity for quite a while (might require a demi-god adventurer??). Didn't do much in previous versions. Wonder if anything's changed?

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2017, 06:32:55 pm »

I think the identity system is broken right now - but it should be used for infiltrations or attributing blame to an alias.