Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Fighting games central: from the mugans to the kombats to the anime fighter 9000  (Read 3873 times)

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Playing some Absolver, seems pretty neat so far (definitely not a regular fighter). Guilty Gear is very good.

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Personally I'll pick up a fighting game every now and then, but I don't stick exclusively to a series. (Blazblue, Guilty Gear, Soul Calibur, Street Fighter, Tekken, Injustice, Smash. Bros., Dead or Alive, King of Fighters).

Only fighting games I've played recently were King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match and Garou: Mark of the Wolves... unless of course you count Yomi which is a card game simulating a fighting game.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile

Speaking of Injustice, does anyone know if the netcode for Injustice 2 is less shitty than Mortal Kombat X's netcode? The review score on Steam is way better than MKX's was when it came out, but it made that one basically unplayable online so I just want to make sure.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile

I own both on ps4 but I've never played injustice 2 online.

Part of me hopes I2 is better simply because it came later, but it wouldn't shock me much if they used the same code really.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm greatly enjoying Blazblue: Centralfiction at the moment. I played it during a game night and it was an instant buy for me. The game has 36 unique characters that each have their own play style and unique game mechanics. The game looks pretty good, especially on PS4 and it plays really well. I even learned how to do combos in technical (the game has a "style" control scheme which allows you to easily string combos, and "technical", which has you in control of everything) thanks to an amazing tutorial.

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, the Blazblue games are quite fun (though I haven't played CF yet). I mained Ragna in CT and CS before switching to Bullet in CP.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube

Melee and Touhou are my favourite MUGENs. I know there are tons of new fighting games but these ones are the ones I'm familiar with.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 11:59:17 am by FakerFangirl »
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile

Street Fighter 30th Anniversary is a thing now. It's coming for PC, Switch, PS4 and Xbox One and includes a whole bunch of the Street Fighter games, including the Alpha games, Third Strike (which I will finally be able to play online) and pretty much every one of the old versions of SF2.

Also, Maximilian Dood made a video on it in which he is visibly apalled at the idea of Street Fighter 1 being online, which is funny.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile

Street Fighter 30th Anniversary is a thing now. It's coming for PC, Switch, PS4 and Xbox One and includes a whole bunch of the Street Fighter games, including the Alpha games, Third Strike (which I will finally be able to play online) and pretty much every one of the old versions of SF2.

Also, Maximilian Dood made a video on it in which he is visibly apalled at the idea of Street Fighter 1 being online, which is funny.

that sounds goddamn amazing. i wonder if that will include the street fighter ex series as well? SKULLOMANIAaaaaaa!
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

that sounds goddamn amazing. i wonder if that will include the street fighter ex series as well? SKULLOMANIAaaaaaa!

I don't believe so, the EX characters are owned by another company (which is currently making another fighting game with those characters, https://youtu.be/Suiltk4xBNg). If I'm not mistaken, the collection will include SF1-3 (and various versions of 2 and 3) and the Street Fighter Alpha series.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile

3rd strike has been on my bucket list of games to play
I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 [2]