Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Why am i getting lag if i move around to fast?  (Read 3627 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Why am i getting lag if i move around to fast?
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2017, 01:40:10 pm »

Doing this is also bad. Limiting the cores will lead to a negligible at best speed increase and a speed decrease in the average case due to the fact that you're running up one of your cores to 100% for an extended period of time for no damn reason (the OS switching cores is actually really efficient).
What if you limit it to multiple cores? Not unusual for there to be 6-8 of them available. Probably pointless, however, unless you can exclude everything else from those cores.

You'd be better off not running stuff in the background at all, but an anti-virus, wiki page, announcement window, and soundsense may be desired.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 01:46:06 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Re: Why am i getting lag if i move around to fast?
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2017, 03:15:01 pm »

Listen to Putnam. He's one of the squirreliest people I know, he's likely tried everything at least one and a half times to optimize the game.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.
Pages: 1 [2]