Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

Oriental / Wuxia Themed Mod?

(1/1)

MachinaMandala:
I'm thinking of starting work on an oriental / wuxia / generic Asian (more Japanese focused) mod and I was wondering on people's opinions / ideas on it. I'm using a lot of ideas from Legend of the Five Rings (a Japanese fantasy setting) as well as East Asian folklore.

The basic concept is this:
- Players (in Dwarf mode) play as Hito (The People) who have a (relatively strict) caste system consisting of people with Warrior Souls (samui) who are the ruling caste, shugenin who are the rare priestly caste who are unable to use most weapons but are imbued with some fragment of the elements, shokunin who are the craftsmen, hachinin who are the farmers and levied soldiers and, finally, the henki who are the only ones willing to touch dead things and butcher animals.
- Several "clans" of Hito who will go to war through world gen.
- The Hito managed to sink their original homeland through use of the Warrior Soul.
- Those with the Warrior Soul can use advanced techniques that they can learn in a dojo building.
- Most mythical animals will be reworked to be Asian themed.
- Clothing / armour reworked to be Asian themed.
- Goblins renamed to bakemono, ogres are oni etc.

Does anyone else have any ideas?

IndigoFenix:
I have a whole bunch of monsters from the Orient in my Mythical Monsters mod, so feel free to use those.  You might want to make some of them into enemy civs, like Kappa, Tengu, Kitsune and Tanuki.

Bakeneko/nekomata necromancer cats!

There's also a Bone Colossus which is based on the blood drinking skeleton youkai that I forgot the name of.

CasualScrub:

--- Quote from: MachinaMandala on December 05, 2017, 05:21:45 am ---Does anyone else have any ideas?
--- End quote ---

No.

As in, I have no ideas, but I think the mod sounds promising.  Is it a 'civ' mod, or is it 'all the world is Asian'?

MachinaMandala:
I've gotten started now.

--- Quote from: IndigoFenix on December 05, 2017, 09:35:13 am ---I have a whole bunch of monsters from the Orient in my Mythical Monsters mod, so feel free to use those.  You might want to make some of them into enemy civs, like Kappa, Tengu, Kitsune and Tanuki.

Bakeneko/nekomata necromancer cats!

There's also a Bone Colossus which is based on the blood drinking skeleton youkai that I forgot the name of.

--- End quote ---

That'd be awesome, thanks! I'll definitely be pilfering it for ideas. :p

--- Quote from: CasualScrub on December 06, 2017, 01:03:34 am ---No.

As in, I have no ideas, but I think the mod sounds promising.  Is it a 'civ' mod, or is it 'all the world is Asian'?
--- End quote ---

"All the world is Asian". So a full conversion, with even competing civs having an Asian theme.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version