Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 45

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Killing you with Kindness  (Read 54207 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Omega Legion: Killing you with Kindness
« on: December 05, 2017, 07:59:16 am »

Main thread

Amid the hustle and bustle of final preparations, the Omega Base seems more lively than it has in a long time. It's a pity that this is because it is dying. You lot gather together in front ofthe only officer you've seen since the last mission you were on, each occupied by your own preparations, your own thoughts and expectations. The officer looks around at you wuth an air of calm resolve. He pauses for a moment, another look crossing his face before his expression goes neutral again.

Alright you lot, listen up. We've discussed this already, but there's no harm in repeating it: You are going to Lathal to take the Heart of Lathal and return it here to Omega Base.

Lathal is a large planetoid in the plane of Air. It's nature is primarily that of a living machine.

Inside Lathal are a host of dangers, from parts of the living machinery, to creatures that live there, to the fact that Lathal is dying. Expect rough terrain, hostile beings, and of course, expect to get lost. Your goal is to reach the center of Lathal, to gain access to the heart, and to prepare it for transport back here.

We have fetishes for each of you that will point toward the Heart. Keep these with you at all times.
We have gear for you to outfit yourself in, so that you might better survive the journey. Weapons, armor, medicines, potions, rings, you name it.
We have transportation to Lathal, within Lathal, and from Lathal
We have supplies, so you don't starve or die of thirst in that place. We have light sources for you to carry.
We have items of worth that you can trade to the inhabitants if need be. Do try not to get robbed of them.

Go, stick together, work together, and do your best to come home alive, or what passes for alive in each of your cases.

Now, let me inspect your gear, and get you trained up on using these transports, these sigils, and these other bits."
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 08:27:25 am by Ozarck »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: End of an Era
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 08:53:44 am »

Freddie spends a while examining himself after the adventures in the big city, trying to see if the gnomes did anything to him, or if he has any cool scars.  After that.. well, he's not sleepy.  He'll roll on his back and throw the rock up to the ceiling and catch it when it comes back down.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 09:54:07 am by Devastator »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 10:01:24 am »

I would like rings that would cause effects like these:
-Ring that helps me cause more damage
-Ring that helps me resist more damage
-Ring that makes me more stealthy
-Ring that makes me resist magic, elements or the enviroment
-Ring that makes it easier to control others
-Ring that makes me smarter
-Ring that makes me more agile and nimble
-Ring that makes me more charismatic
These are just suggestions, please give me interesting rings and surprise me.

1) Ring of Random Fire: a ring that causes fire when the limb it is worn on is swung with hostile intent. The fire is not easily directed or controlled.
2) Ring of protection from Thorns. Not terribly useful in a mostly metallic environment. Perhaps a "ring of protection from jagged metal" would have been preferable
3) Ring of Smoke: fills the area with a thin smoke. the wearer is immune to the effects, except that they cannot see through the smoke any more clearly than another.
4) Ring of Steel: that's better. A ring that protects against steel. Beware though, if you are surrounded by steel, like if you are in a hallway or a tower or soemthing, the effects overload, possibly with negative consequences.
5) Ring of Fairy Dance: while the wearer concentrates, roughly one to five beings will have an overwhelming urge to dance.
6) Hmm. About the only way I can give you a ring that makes you smarter is if the ring I give you is smarter than you. that could have serious consequences.
7) Ring of Mimickry: while concentrating, wearer can alter their form toward that of any nearby or recently encountered beings. the effect is not total (i.e. you don't turn itno a mermaid but you might sprout gills or a tail). But, as an octopus, you are already fairly flexible in form anyway, so the effects are probably stronger for you, except that your flexible body does not adopt rigid structures well (spikes, bones, hard plates).
8 ) to make you more charismatic, you'd need to announce a specific type of being toward whom you would be more charismatic. This can be a race (human, troll, cat, monkeyspider), a place of origin (desert folk, beings from the elemental Plane of Coffee), a carreer type (sorcerer, mathematician, fry cook), or some other identifier (anime enthusiast, genderfluid, smells faintly of wax).
( 6) I would like to have a talking super-smart ring. I think it would be hilarious. 8 ) I would like that the ring made me more charismatic towards nobles.)
Rex admires his shiny rings and then examines the rest of the team. Show interest in the strange creature with the clockwork implants. I don't think I have seen one of those before? Try inspecting it closely.
"Hi, what are you? Do you talk?"
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 10:13:19 am »

Freddie stops throwing the rock and stares at the octopus while on his back.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 10:52:50 am »

See what the geas wants me to do
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 11:00:59 am »

See what the geas wants me to do
The geas is pushing you toward this quest. it wants the Heart. YOU want the heart.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 07:57:55 am by Ozarck »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2017, 01:05:26 pm »

Welp, gather up gear and wait for the rest of the party.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2017, 06:53:42 pm »

"Awww, I think you are cute!"
Try petting the giant lizard!
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2017, 12:38:29 am »

Freddie accepts the touch, but also pushes his head forward towards the octopus' body, sniffing him up heavily, looking for food.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2017, 02:15:16 am »

"I've got my knives, I'm getting better used to this body, and I've got some shit that needs doing. Let's fucking go fight some robot planet and rip it's heart out, fuck yeah!"

Express enthusiasm for the imminent violent entertainment I'm sure to receive.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2017, 07:57:34 am »

So, Freddie and the Octopus make nice, the ghoul pokes around, and the murderdoll squees in glee and giggles to itself, rubbing it's metallic hands together, which makes a nice screechy ringing sound.

Freddie does notice his leg is rather scarred. Pretty much the entire knee region is a mass of scar tissue, with a single line reaching down the leg nearly to the ankle.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2017, 08:34:23 am »

Flip back over, and push the octopus around more after finding out there are no treats to be had.  Lie down in a pile near the corner of the room, relegating the octopus to the corner.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 08:50:19 am by Devastator »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2017, 08:53:26 am »

Ask if I can get some fresh edible meat of whatever people eat in this non-water plane.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2017, 11:56:35 am »

equip the necklace, holster the double ended morningstar...in the belt I guess, and wait and see what the rest of the team does before taking action

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2017, 01:01:06 pm »

Freddie looks at the furry creature that walked through the door.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 45