Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 45

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Killing you with Kindness  (Read 55030 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: End of an Era
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2017, 06:00:37 pm »

Roll Call!
Freddy the two legged, winged dragon with jet-like engines and napalm breath, currently squashing the octopus King up into a corner
Vladen, the violent medical ghoul
Rex Brachium, the Octopus King, Currently being sat on by a dragon, and demanding sushi and calamari
Gak, the metallic murder doll from hell,
and
Kongor the Awakened Gorilla

Alrighty then, a five person mission, for now.

Magicomechanical carts for traveling convenience!
So, each of you will begin, mounted on a magical cart laden with supplies. Except Freddie, who has been trained up on pulling his cart instead.

Your carts are magico-mechanical. They have three modes (wheeled, flying, and walking/climbing), and are controlled by levers and pulleys and dials and buttons from the driver's seat. You are trained on how to move about, how to switch between the modes, how to park your cart in a variety of terrains.

The Octopus King takes to the carts with ease and style, and can switch it between flying, wheeled, and walker modes on the run. Kongor and Gak do reasonably well, but Vladen struggles a bit overall. He's passable, but you don't want him trying any complicated maneuvers, or driving the thing into battle or something. Now, Freddie is rather ignorant of carts and stuff, so he needs to be harnessed by one of you others, and directed, lest his comical lack of general knowledge end in a rather typically bad failure. Freedie needs protected from himself in regard to the carts. He can follow along, or alongside, the other carts well enough - but you'll probably want a stash of treats  (stored out of sight and smell of course) so you can coax him along when his attention wanders.Or, you can leave that cart behind.

One more piece of equipment!
An officer comes striding up to the group at a pace that would suggest some urgency. A less dignified being would have been described as trotting or running. He looks around with a strange energy, like a child about to unwrap a holiday present. Or perhaps more like an engineer about to unwrap a fortress by liberal use of explosives.
"I have something that might come in useful for you. Here, He gestures at a set of boxes being carried by less dignified beings, who are only just arriving at a trot, and panting,  "are some summoning devices. Eac his in the shape of the being it will summon. Now, be warned: these beings are Omega prisoners. these are beings that we do not let out on missions. Some of them are rather bloodthirsty, insane maniacs, others maybe have lost control of their magic, some are simply too foreign to interact with the world as we know it, and a few are just plain evil. Even more so than someone like yourself, Gak."
He pauses for a long moment, looking at each of you in turn, drawing your eye and holding your attention.
"Nevertheless, there may be a time, a desperate time, when you need the assistance of one of these beings. I suggest you use these summons with care, and do try not to let them eat your souls. Best, probably, if you are nowhere nearby when the beings come forth. ... for that purpose, the summoning fetishes do have a time delay setting."

With that, and with whatever other preparations, you are left to decide on where Omega will put you:
1) a relatively safe and open landing site at one of the poles, but outside. safe, but the longest trek inward
2) near the edge of Lathal, but inside, where you will probably experience some environmental trouble.
3) deep inside, in an unknown location, where you may end up scattered, wrecked, or surrounded by hostiles upon arrival, but will be significantly closer to the objective
4) other? (flying through Sky, in an alternate dimension that runs parallel to Lathal and has many crossing points, or maybe just safe at home in bed with your chew toys)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2017, 06:34:25 pm »

3)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 06:49:45 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2017, 06:59:54 pm »

Who is volunteering to babysit Freddie's cart?

My vote is for two, because I can't see Freddie getting unlost if he starts alone, but you never know.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 07:43:18 pm by Devastator »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2017, 08:11:41 pm »

I'll help you with the cart if you choose 3.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2017, 08:18:49 pm »

3 and assist the cart
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2017, 08:21:34 pm »

Nah, don't see an upside to choosing 3, especially after what happened to the last group.  Disorganized, confused, and immobile, throwing in 'chaotic start' just makes that more likely.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2017, 08:33:37 pm »

It occurs to the higher-ups that none of you were there for the first Lathal mission.

Officers are taking option 3 off the table, unless at least two experienced Omegas go along.

((edit: I forgot, spazyak was on that mission. Hmm. he should know better then, *shrug*))

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2017, 11:35:56 pm »

(Then we can take option 3, right? We also have Freddie, and Kongor technically completed a whole mission alone.)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2017, 03:46:57 am »

"Hey now, I may have my own particular ideas about how to have fun but I'm not evil. And if any of those guys are anything like the actually nasty folks back home, I'm not gonna fuck around and summon them for shits and giggles."

Hey now, I'm just a serial killer with an extreme lack of empathy and impulse control, I'm not evil!

Anyway, I vote 4, specifically a parallel dimension.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2017, 05:30:40 am »

(I'm not an experienced Omega.  I wasn't here for Lathal, but from what I've seen, option 3 is quick suicide.  I think we can handle anything Lathal throws at us, but we need to work together, keep our eyes on the prize, and keep moving.  Option 3 will likely mean we die seperately.)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 05:59:56 am by Devastator »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2017, 06:48:31 am »

2 then
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2017, 10:24:48 am »

Then I change my vote to 4) or 3), the one with the most votes at the end.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2017, 01:45:42 pm »

2 has the most votes right now, and 3 isn't possible.  4 creates a tie.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2017, 02:05:11 pm »

((edit: I forgot, spazyak was on that mission. Hmm. he should know better then, *shrug*))
3 is still possible.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2017, 02:10:50 pm »

"Officers are taking option 3 off the table, unless at least two experienced Omegas go along."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 45