Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 45

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Killing you with Kindness  (Read 54222 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: End of an Era
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2017, 02:13:49 pm »

Experienced is anyone who completed a mission before and spazyak was in the first Lathal mission so we can choose 3.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2017, 03:18:24 pm »

Freddie's also not intelligent enough to count as experienced.  He's about as smart as a small child.  The sum total of his experience is wandering around while people mostly failed to give him orders.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 03:33:52 pm by Devastator »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2017, 04:49:21 pm »

Experienced is anyone who completed a mission before and spazyak was in the first Lathal mission so we can choose 3.
Yeah, but if we do that we will have to be constantly moving and working to push to stable ground, 
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2017, 05:08:15 pm »

Between a quick death and a slow death,
I prefer the quick one. A longer path has more room for risky stuff to show up and more chances for the dice to screw everything up. And we might also have to cross the unknown area that 3) sends us to.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2017, 05:19:40 pm »

It's not the danger that I'm that afraid of, it's getting seperated.  I think Freddie can fight his way or just fly out of a really dangerous situation, but I don't think he can succesfully find anyone else.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2017, 06:09:14 pm »

Of everyone in the team, you are the only one almost guaranteed to not be alone since someone is going to help you with the cart.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2017, 06:12:31 pm »

Assuming I arrive near someone else.

"3) deep inside, in an unknown location, where you may end up scattered, wrecked, or surrounded by hostiles upon arrival"

Does not guaranteed arriving near someone else.  Scattered means ending up alone is possible.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2017, 06:17:26 pm »

You are going harnessed to a cart that will be driven by someone in the team. You are the only one who can't go alone because your cart will be driven by another member of the team to direct you. Everyone else is going to drop individually.
Except Freddie, who has been trained up on pulling his cart instead.
Now, Freddie is rather ignorant of carts and stuff, so he needs to be harnessed by one of you others, and directed, lest his comical lack of general knowledge end in a rather typically bad failure. Freedie needs protected from himself in regard to the carts. He can follow along, or alongside, the other carts well enough - but you'll probably want a stash of treats  (stored out of sight and smell of course) so you can coax him along when his attention wanders.Or, you can leave that cart behind.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2017, 06:23:41 pm »

What harnessed means is someone else attaches/detaches the cart to Freddie.  Nobody is driving Freddie's cart, he pulls it behind himself after someone hooks it up to him.  He's jumping the same way everyone else is, possibly alone.  The reason he's tied to it is because he's big and cannot operate it, so he just pulls it around.  Nobody is driving Freddie's cart, he just follows around other people while pulling his cart.  I don't think he'd want someone to be driving it while he's tied to it, anyway, that's just asking to get run over or dragged by the powered vehicle.  Still need someone to hook it up to him and change any modes.

So yeah, if he's stuck alone I don't expect him to have good odds of finding anyone else, and I don't see how he could find the goal alone.  So whatever the start it, it can't be #3, because that one has people starting seperated from each other.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 06:30:40 pm by Devastator »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2017, 06:32:57 pm »

I think it means that someone in your cart indicates you where to go and feeds you the treats or we dump the cart and have you just follow us. You porbably wouldn't be able to listen to the commands of people in the other carts because there is probably going to be distance between them to avoid crashing.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2017, 06:50:19 pm »

Nah, I can't say anything after it starts.  And Freddie can definately make out commands from people in other carts, or follow along without any more impetus.  Someone gives him a treat, and then he follows that guy around.. it's better if that guy isn't in the cart, because the cart is behind him.  If the treat guy is just sitting in his cart, why wouldn't he just turn around instead?  Following someone that he can see is pretty easy.  I mean, if you want to command him from the cart, it's going to be a couple of animal handling rolls to make sure he gets the idea across, and maybe a couple of memory rolls to see if Freddie learns the new words.  He knows come, and knows how to follow, but doesn't know left and right, and hasn't been taught reins before.  And no, reins aren't a cart harness, they're different things.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2017, 06:58:25 pm »

Okay. I'm still going to be voting for plan 4)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2017, 08:22:42 pm »

to clear up confusion here:
ooc: spazyak is the only experienced Omega Legion player here. one mission 9especially the missions you guys just finished) does not an experienced player make.
Xan and Dev are, of course, rather veteran players in the forums, and players with whom this GM has had interactin before. But that does not qualify in this case.

IC: the report Captain Grey brought back from the last mission invalidates anyone on that mission as counting as experienced, unless they already were beforehand. And Kongor's mission was essentially aborted, so no eal experience there.

in other words, to choose 3, you would need 2 more players to join

As for Freddie's cart: he would be pulling it and guiding it himself, and you guys would be calling out orders and giving treats from your own carts. You can throw, right?

"Hey now, I may have my own particular ideas about how to have fun but I'm not evil. And if any of those guys are anything like the actually nasty folks back home, I'm not gonna fuck around and summon them for shits and giggles."

Hey now, I'm just a serial killer with an extreme lack of empathy and impulse control, I'm not evil!

Anyway, I vote 4, specifically a parallel dimension.

One totally not evil vote for 4: parallel dimension

Okay. I'm still going to be voting for plan 4)
One vote for 4: unspecified method of entry. "Let's go in some other way1" a muffled holler comes from under one of Freddie's legs.

2 then
one reluctant vote for 2

Who is volunteering to babysit Freddie's cart?

My vote is for two, because I can't see Freddie getting unlost if he starts alone, but you never know.
two votes for 2.

Well, hopefully, Kongor will vote between now and tomorrow, to break this tie. Eh, if he doesn't, I'll roll it up, assuming Rex's vote is for the alternate dimension path.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2017, 08:35:31 pm »

Any 4) option is fine.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2017, 09:26:52 pm »

I'll switch over to the other dimension to break the tie.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 45