Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 45

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Killing you with Kindness  (Read 55154 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: End of an Era
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2017, 09:48:52 pm »

I honestly think 3 is a bad option, we will be constantly rushing and having to push to safety in an unstable enviroment. If we start farther away we can get our berrings and work out a plan with some preparation.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2017, 09:50:47 am »

I'll go with option 2

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2017, 10:06:07 am »

4) - 3 votes: Xantalos, Devastator, me
2) - 2 votes: spazyak, SuperDino85
I guess we are going with plan "falling from the sky in an alternate dimension"
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2017, 10:54:19 am »

I'll swap back to #2 then, I preferred that one anyway.  #4 was only to break the tie.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2017, 10:57:52 am »

Whyyyyyy...
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2017, 11:10:54 am »

Aright, 2 it is.

You all mount your carts, and, I assume, Rex hitches Freddie up to his, and make a line. Several Omegas in robes and spectacles finalize some ritual and some inspections and step back, and the five carts move forward, toward a crack in the canyon wall - a dim, narrow opening that looks too small for the carts, but somehow has plenty of room when you actually enter. The light dims suddenly, from canyon floor dim, to dark enough for you to have to adjust your eyes before seeing clearly again.As you move forward, the sound of wheels on rock changes to the sound of wheels on smooth rock. Suddenly, the canyon walls fall away and you rol out into a vast amphitheater. The light feels comfortably bright after the darknes behind, but as you adapt, you notice that it is a twilight sort of bright.

Ofcourse, this is a passing thought as you stare at your surroundings. To the left, theamphitheater concourse you have arrived on stretchesas far as the eye  can see, curving inward in an incomprehensibly large arc. There are concourses below, and concourses above, each stretching left as far as you can see. Far above, a ceiling arcs dramatically overhead, interlaces crossbeams forming triangular shapes until they disappear from sight behind a vast, curved wall, opposite the concourses. Behind you, the councourses are higher, but there are few of them that way before the walls rise straight up to the curving ceiling. ahead of you, the councoursees are lower, and they descend, tier after tier, until they are lost in the gloom below.

To the right is the light source: some distance away from you, the entire amphitheater is exposed to air. The celing looks as if it has been ripped away, and the concourses end abruptly on chasm. This gap extends for miles, though far off, you can see the other side of the chasm - what looks like the same concourses start up again, though the edges are mangled and torn.

Birds fly in the gap. You hear the noises of life off that way. A faint glimmer of greenery appears there as well, and shadows float serenely across the gap. Elsewhere, you hear nothing, in the grey, dusty gloom.

Your fetishes, and Vladen's Gaes, urge you down and inward, toward the strange, central pillar-like wall opposite your current position. But, from that direction, too, you see shadows crawling, and hear the sound of something rather large shifting.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2017, 11:22:06 am »

Continue following the concourse path downward.  This is fun!  Look around at anything visibly moving.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2017, 11:31:35 am »

Guide Fredderick and go towards the strange pillar-wall with my cart in flying mode.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2017, 06:23:46 pm »

Follow RoyalMcOctopus toward the pillarwall with the cart in flying mode...and hope it doesn't die out on me because of my heavy gorilla-yness

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2017, 06:43:34 pm »

Check out the light before heading downwards a bit ahead of the group to see if anything is there,
 if I run into anything fall back and tell the others.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2017, 02:39:41 am »

For the moment, follow the group and keep my eyes peeled for nasties. Shenanigans can wait for later.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2017, 08:24:14 am »

Guide Fredderick and go towards the strange pillar-wall with my cart in flying mode.
Follow RoyalMcOctopus toward the pillarwall with the cart in flying mode...and hope it doesn't die out on me because of my heavy gorilla-yness
edit: oops, wrong quote. Fixed
For the moment, follow the group and keep my eyes peeled for nasties. Shenanigans can wait for later.
The three of you prep your carts for flight. You pull levers, push buttons, and turn knobs, and the carts' wings unfold to the sides.

(2) v (6) Before Rex gets a chance to switch Freddie to flight mode, Freddie begins bouncing down the concourse stairs, his cart making a heavy thumping noise every tine it drops one step.
Continue following the concourse path downward.  This is fun!  Look around at anything visibly moving.
(5) you see something massive ahead. It looks organic, with hundred foot tentacles covered in crusty patches of rust or dried concrete. As you watch, it reaches one tentacle out across your path ahead and tears a section of bleachers apart, drawing the rubble back in toward it's body with a horrible screeching and rumbling.

Check out the light before heading downwards a bit ahead of the group to see if anything is there,
 if I run into anything fall back and tell the others.

(4) the light looks like a twilit sky.
you turn and start to follow Freddie down the concourse, after having gaxed at the sky fora bit, but just as you set forward, you hear a horrible crash ahead, and see something dragging across the concourse some distance that way. Freddie pauses momentarily, but seems rather alarmingly more curious than frightened by this turn of events.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 08:22:45 am by Ozarck »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2017, 09:32:02 am »

Look around to see what everyone else is doing.  If they're attacking the big creature, join in and attack it.  If they're running away from it or moving away from it, follow them.  If they're faffing about, set the big creature on fire.  Then happily proceed past it, down the stairs, burning it as I go.  (Don't forget about the fighting big creatures specialty.)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 10:40:39 am by Devastator »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2017, 11:03:59 am »

Slowly move down to check out the crashing noise
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2017, 11:09:07 am »

Help Fredderick with his cart and investigate the tentacle creature. Does it look sentient?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 45