Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 45

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Killing you with Kindness  (Read 57216 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: End of an Era
« Reply #135 on: December 26, 2017, 11:13:46 am »

AS usual, see the bottom for your status and location.

Try tonget out of the death spirsl and perhaps use my vaguely worded nagics to at least soften my fall if I fail.
Your badly typed reply made me chuckle. You manage to pull up and regain control, just before the birds fly in.

Keep using that Hypnotic Dance of Dominant Mist to distract the flying monsters so that they don't attack us. Make sure to fly towards the pillar or at least not flying too much downwards.
At this point, "down" is toward the pillar. it's confusing, but that's how it works. Anyway, you use your hypnotic trance and a large swath of the birds are caught in it. unfortunately, they fall straight through your party in their aerial dance, slamming into the carts and your party members as they fall. You, being one with the dance, avoid this damage, though your cart does not. Those birds trapped in the dance fall out of control toward the Pillar, and can be considered out of the fight. Other birds swoop around the edges of the path of the Dance and come in fro the sides. Some of them get entangled with the dancing birds and fall away as well, but many more swoop in.

Continue the dive until I come out of the smoke.  If I don't after twenty or thirty seconds, level out and move shallowly in an attempt to get out of the smoke that way.  If I do clear it, engage the swarm as expected.  If the smoke continues indefinately, spray a bit of fire out to make sure I can see something, and my eyes haven't been magically removed or something.
You were never in the smoke. you were in the unnatural darkness from Xan's knife. well, you are out of it now, and engage the swarm. individually, the creatures are about the size of Gak, who is your smallest companion. They are black, and somewhat shiny. You curve up around the edge of the swarm, avoiding the wierdly rhythmically moving swath and engaging a side that still seems to fly normally. you eat a few, and grab a few as yo ufly upward. Then, you let your cart's momentum swing it up above you, and you dive. You fire napalm in very short bursts, almost like a pair of rapid fire automatic weapons. Dozens are enflamed, and they let out the strangest shrieks. at first, you think the shrieks are their voices, but they rise in pitch pretty rapidly, to be cut off by a sudden bang when the burning creature explodes. Dozens more are taken out in the explosions.

Whoops, seems my dice are doing their thing again. Stop doing the darkness and instead shine a beam of light in the eye equivalents of the flock. If necessary, pull some basic evasive maneuvers while doing so.
Whoops, seems my dice are doing their thing again. Stop doing the darkness and instead shine a beam of light in the eye equivalents of the flock. If necessary, pull some basic evasive maneuvers while doing so.
You drop the darkness and shine a brilliant light upward. This is greeted with a terrible cacaphony of harsh cawing, and a whole lot of confusion. Evasive maneuvers are necessary, yes, but they are not entirely effective. It's like trying to dodge rain. Large, meaty drops of rain. Some of which are on fire. Anyway, you manage to avoid catching fire and get tothe edge of the swarm

Continue towards the general direction of the pillar, and stay out of Freddy's way so he doesn't accidentally shoot me
You swoop low, the only birds you encounter are falling, rather than flying.

alright, here's what happened this round: a large flock of birdlike creatures just flew through your party like hailstones through corn. So, there was damage. I will be rolling for the status of your carts and for how much damage you take personally. Some of the birds were burning, and those burning birds explode, so there is a risk of fire. You are close enough t othe ground that I'll roll for crash for any cart that is disabled. Also, for those who took evasive maneuvers, that is factored into your roll.

(5)(5)(1)(1)(4)
(6)(4)(4)(3)(3)
Freddie's cart snaps free from Freddie and falls, wings torn and out of control, leving Freddie's harness and some broken guide rails still attached to Freddie.
Gak's cart loses a wing, and the entire back half is engulfed in flames. He manages to land without destroying the cart completely, though it will never fly again, and half the contents are destroyed.
Kongor lands without taking any real damage to the cart as do Vladen and Rex.
Rex passes out immediately upon landing, his limbs twitching rhythmically for a while afterward.

Almost miraculously, you guys survive the beating. The only real damage is to Gak and Kongor. Kongor takes a burning bird to the back, and the explosion sets some of his fur on fire and leaves a burnt wound across his back. Gak takes a handful of birds to the face and is knocked free of his ruined cart. he bounced on the hard ground and is disoriented. his ears, and the rest of his body, are ringing loudly.

(4) you land in the shade. The ground at this part of the pillar is roughly flat, with ridges running north and south. The ridges are mountainous. You land on top of one of those. they appear to run the entire length of the pillar. Not far away, on the "East" of your position, is the line where the shadow stops and the light falls on the pillar. You can see a large forest of red. It clearly rises up from the metallic ground. You can see patches of the red scattered about, up to where you are. Here, the light falls mostly in the valley to the East. In the valleys, the land is less smooth, with structures and jagged bits here and there.

So, bottom line: Two carts are ruined. You have about two and a half carts worth of supplies and trade stuff left. You are on a ridge, with a red forest in the valley to the east, and rough terrain in the valley to the west. Kongor needs some medical attention, and Gak needs a smithy or something. The birds are defeated: teh remaining birds fly off in a disorganized clutter. The flock is rather reduced in size from what it was.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 26, 2017, 11:41:57 am »

Be unconscious. Try to dream about something interesting like my past life as a prince, before I assassinated/ate my father and became the new king.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 26, 2017, 11:59:35 am »

((Sorry, I was typing on a broken keyboard. It is fixed now))
Lget off the cart once it has landed and check on Rez, make sure he won't die using magic if neccessary
Vladen looks around with a look that screams "Oh fuck that was close"
"Everyone fine? No one dead yet?"
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 26, 2017, 02:16:50 pm »

roll over a couple times to put out the fire on my back, then grab the octopus so I can carry him in my cart...at least till he's well enough to act on his own

"Anyone have burn remedies? Also, Gak, maybe you should consider piloting Rex's cart, especially if we're gonna do any flying again, at least until he wakes up, k?"

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 26, 2017, 02:41:58 pm »

"I might, I'll get to you in a bit, keep things from messing with us."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 26, 2017, 03:53:27 pm »

((Kongor is the most hurt in the team and also still on fire while Gak has permanently damaged his body. I'm just unconscious because of the dance ring. Since Gak and Freddy lost their carts, one of them could use mine and keep me inside of it while someone heals Kongor.))
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 03:56:42 pm by randomgenericusername »
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 26, 2017, 04:11:44 pm »

Take a moment to rest after those maneuvers, and try to chew away at the remaining harness bits, now that the cart is gone.  Find some water to wash down those birds, if I'm still thirsty.  How did they taste?

What way does the thing want me to go?  What things look interesting?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 11:42:20 pm by Devastator »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 26, 2017, 07:26:03 pm »

”Ringading ding, ah fuckery I’ve been all bamboozled. Fuck. Well, at least those damn birds are gone. Fuckin better be.”

Try to assess my dings and dents in the reflection of one of my knives. Do this after I get what supplies I can out of the cart.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 28, 2017, 08:49:08 am »

Be unconscious. Try to dream about something interesting like my past life as a prince, before I assassinated/ate my father and became the new king.
(1) Mindlessly, your body rises and begins to twitch and spasm. Your dreams are about being eaten by birds. A most undignified, slow death.

((Sorry, I was typing on a broken keyboard. It is fixed now))
Lget off the cart once it has landed and check on Rez, make sure he won't die using magic if neccessary
Vladen looks around with a look that screams "Oh fuck that was close"
"Everyone fine? No one dead yet?"
(hidden) well, he's up and moving about, so he should be fiiiiiine. now, if only that Gorilla would stop hollering.

roll over a couple times to put out the fire on my back, then grab the octopus so I can carry him in my cart...at least till he's well enough to act on his own

"Anyone have burn remedies? Also, Gak, maybe you should consider piloting Rex's cart, especially if we're gonna do any flying again, at least until he wakes up, k?"
(4) you put out the fire, and apply some of those magical salve herbs to the wounds. Then you walk over to the twitching, nine foot tall octopus (2) v (6) who promptly wraps all seven and a half tentacles around your body and begins climbing up and down your body, waving his arms randomly and occasionally smacking you on the head and shoulders. Sometimes, he latches onto the nearest object as well, making it difficult for you to move in a coordinated fashion.

Take a moment to rest after those maneuvers, and try to chew away at the remaining harness bits, now that the cart is gone.  Find some water to wash down those birds, if I'm still thirsty.  How did they taste?

What way does the thing want me to go?  What things look interesting?

The birds' wings and feathers were rather crunchy - surprisingly so for creatures of flight. Other than that, they tasted like flesh with a sharp metallic tang. Mostly copper-like, with that familiar blood-smell of iron. (1) You twist around in the air, gnashing at your entanglements, to no avail. You end up crash-landing awkwardly on your back as a result. a brief self exam reveals nothing broken in the landing. You lift your head and sniff, but you detect no hint of water nearby, except what is on the carts, and the puddle left from your own and Gak's wrecked carts.

”Ringading ding, ah fuckery I’ve been all bamboozled. Fuck. Well, at least those damn birds are gone. Fuckin better be.”

Try to assess my dings and dents in the reflection of one of my knives. Do this after I get what supplies I can out of the cart.
(3) your grin is lopsided, one arm is bent awkwardly, and your torso angles sideways, then up again, giving you a zigzag appearance. You've accumulated quite a bit of damage over time, and should find some way to repair your body, as it is affecting your coordination and agility. (temporary -1 to dex, until fixed)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 28, 2017, 09:18:20 am »

Go drink from the puddle.  If it isn't satisfying, go eat one of the water containers from one of the carts.  Then time to rest my wings for a minute and figure out what looks interesting around here.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 28, 2017, 10:11:01 am »

Strangle and crush the birds while using my fire ring. I'm not dying without a fight.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 28, 2017, 10:56:33 am »

Strangle and crush the birds while using my fire ring. I'm not dying without a fight.
"Whoawhoawhoanonononono I don't want to be on fire again!!"
Pull the octopus off and set him somewhere away from the supplies before he uses the fire ring on the "birds" so he doesn't burn anything useful or anyone 

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 28, 2017, 01:02:48 pm »

start moving things from the damage carts to the working ones
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 02, 2018, 07:09:46 pm »

Go drink from the puddle.  If it isn't satisfying, go eat one of the water containers from one of the carts.  Then time to rest my wings for a minute and figure out what looks interesting around here.
(6) you drink the puddle. it is satisfying, though it tastes heavily of rust and something sparkly. Since you guys are on an elevated position, you can see quite a ways. There are what look almost like forests of metal and long, ancient streets of abandoned cinderblock buildings in the darker valley to the west. the red stuff to the east sparkles in the skylight, You hear the sounds of animals: birds cawing, something skittering, something larger rustling. Nothing seems large enough to eat you, but something might make a fun game of tag, if you chase it. To the south and west (about a standard day's travel) is what looks, from this vantage point, like a giant pillar stretching from the ground up to the broken ceiling leagues up.

(5) you kill all the birds, while lighting yourself on fire. Remarkably, yet perfectly normally, you don't burn, but everything you touch burns. in the end, all that is left is you, shining brighter and brighter, you drift into a more normal sleep, and dream of things you won't remember.

"Whoawhoawhoanonononono I don't want to be on fire again!!"
Pull the octopus off and set him somewhere away from the supplies before he uses the fire ring on the "birds" so he doesn't burn anything useful or anyone 
eh, he slumps down int o a peaceful, still lump before you have the chance to hurl him into the distance. You peel him off yourself and deposit him into the cart, blissfully unaware of his nightmare intentions.

start moving things from the damage carts to the working ones
You (and Gak since I missed that last turn) move the reaming valuables from the enflamed cart to the others, repairing the carts as well as possible. You end up with three serviceable carts and about two and a half carts worth of supplies and valuables. Your gaes is urging you downward, into the metal ground below. Your hunger begins to stir.

all the carts area loaded and prepped for travel. You can explore the jungle and dead city to the west, the forest of red to the east, the giant pillar (aka the bridge to the outside) to the southwest, or choose a different direction or method of getting inside.

I'm assuming you rest here for a sleep cycle as well, so you are all rested , fed, and ready to move. Feel free to discuss your options before making your bolded actions, or whatever.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 02, 2018, 10:33:34 pm »

"Wake up everyone! It's time for adventure!"
I want to go explore the city.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 03:50:29 pm by randomgenericusername »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 45