Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Democracy fort - has this been done?  (Read 1385 times)

TheEqualsE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Democracy fort - has this been done?
« on: March 15, 2021, 11:01:54 pm »

I can think of two ways of doing this.  The idea is kind of like a serial fort where one fort is given to different players over time.  The twist is that instead of different players taking the fort in different directions, this one is a fort where people claim dwarves and then vote on what the fort should do, maybe once a year, or when something important happens like raiders or merchants show up.  For instance year one they really buckle down on fort building, and year two they focus on military for instance.  It could go anywhere from there.

The other is for the dwarves to decide what they individually want to do at all times.  This would be a bit harder to do by email unless they stated a goal at the start and then didn't change their minds much.

Has anyone done this on youtube, twitch or by email?
Likes cats for their aloofness.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Democracy fort - has this been done?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 11:12:29 pm »

I have no idea. You might go to the community games forum on here and set up such a fort. See if any takers go for it. Show them screenshots of each dwarf's thoughts/preferences screen as they arrive, and let people pick dwarves based on that. They can learn, immerse themselves, and roleplay as their dwarves, casting their votes as they think their avatar would.

Urist mcbayblade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2021, 03:33:29 am »

Goldsilver is active right now and somewhat does this, although not to the same degree as the OPs suggestion

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes apple trees for their fruit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2021, 09:04:11 pm »

As one of its overseers, the way Goldsilver works is all participants vote each year on who they want to run the fortress for the year, and the winner gets to do whatever they like. The OP's suggestions sound very different from how it works.
Fort is running at 21 FPS, the ground is having a panic attack in places, and what looks like a conga line of zombified Hungry Heads has formed on (I think) Z-level 32 of the caverns.
I love dwarven status reports.