Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: DF v0.44.02+ Worldgen Cookbook Thread  (Read 13275 times)

Verdant_Squire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF v0.44.02+ Worldgen Cookbook Thread
« Reply #105 on: January 20, 2019, 04:03:43 pm »

Are there an conditions which are favorable to A.) large site population sizes, B.) larger armies, and C.) lots of wars between nations?

I'm just having a feeling for some procedurally generated violence on a mass scale recently.

It's a little hard to directly control war frequency, especially if you're only using advanced world parameters. Your best bet without modding would be to generate a small world with a lot of civilizations close together, but there's no guarantee that'll work. If you aren't adverse to raw modding, pumping how much civs value war would definitely lead to a direct increase in wg violence in general.

Increasing world population in general could actually be helped by turning down savagery a bunch, since that value seems directly related to how populated sites end up being.

Milkbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • dA Page
« Reply #106 on: March 28, 2019, 05:45:08 am »

I'm looking for a balanced world: Some cold parts, some hot parts, some evil some good, some calm, some savage.

Minerals high preferably
(*v*  )         FRO-
/(  .    )\         STED
_|   _|             BUTTS

Tinnucorch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 28, 2019, 10:59:02 am »

Default settings already produce balanced worlds, at least in geographic and climatic terms.

For making minerals more frequent you just have to tweak the "mineral scarcity" option in advanced worldgen. I think that, by default, it's at 2500; lowering it to 1500-1000 should be more than enough.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • whip cracking mad overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 28, 2019, 09:21:25 pm »

Yeah, default settings work well.  Just choose 'everywhere' for minerals (or maybe 'frequent' if 'everywhere' gives too much metal).

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
  • The Happy Hermit
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 29, 2019, 11:23:47 pm »

I'm looking for advice on changing the terrain closest to rivers. I want to bring the hilly terrain closer to the riverbank, or make the valleys that form around rivers less uniform.

Here I have a few screenshots to help explain what I mean.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My issue is that I want more interesting terrain closer to the rivers and brooks. Is this river flatland out of our control in world generation? I played with the erosion settings without much luck.
"Two full-grown giant cave spiders stand over his hospital bed, refusing to leave his side." -theflame52

Due to a bug, the dwarf may contact a syndrome even if the reason he's not wearing a shoe is that his leg is gone. -button

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 30, 2019, 02:15:57 am »

You can hack the mid level tiles immediately prior to embark with the Region Manipulator http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=164136.msg7454345#msg7454345 DFHack script. Note that the changes are temporary, i.e. if you change to focus to a different world tile the original configuration is regenerated. If you embark while the focus is retained the embark retains your modifications. I don't know what happens with Adventure mode visits to such fortresses, though.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]