Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: DF v0.44.02+ Worldgen Cookbook Thread  (Read 69551 times)

Urist McUristUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF v0.44.02+ Worldgen Cookbook Thread
« Reply #180 on: September 19, 2019, 02:09:30 pm »

This a steel friendly embark with two elvish civs, one goblin civ, and one fortress (although the fortress is now run by goblins).
You can always clear the history, name, and creature seeds if you want something different in that regard.
Both elvish civs have all the giant-whatever creatures you would expect, and should offer them for sale.  One elvish civ is in the temperate region of the forest, one in the tropical region.
The embark is steel friendly, and a partial aquifer that is trivial to utilize or bypass, as you wish.  Sand and Clay as well.
There is candy on the embark as well, and it's a fairly shallow region, so easy to get to the caverns and magma, respectively.
There are many other possible desert embark locations that are steel friendly, this one just seemed to be near both the goblins and elves, and have what most players would want.
Spoiler: desert_forests1 (click to show/hide)
Thanks!

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 26, 2019, 01:11:24 pm »

I need params of world with all evil biomes. World must contain all types of biomes and one or more biome of every type must be with evil surroundings. Also I want minerals everywhere and a lot of caves, big caves. One civ in world, and this civ must be goblins. I test features of my mod.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 26, 2019, 02:42:17 pm »

Assuming goblins are playable, this should be able to generate everything you desire but saltwater lake:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Example screenshot without all evilness:

You also might need to regen a few times to get both tropical and temperate brackish lake.

Saltwater lakes are not the easiest to place because lakes merge into oceans regions, which I guess means you need to have the lake diagonally adjacent to ocean (1 land region inbetween, like in aboe shot, is only brackish lake).

Akoto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 29, 2019, 02:46:30 pm »

Hello all! :)

If I may make a request, your help would bump up my day's fun by a few notches! I'm looking for something pretty direct, given I've been away for a while: a world where I can test things like alliances, warfare, the new necromantic stuff!

So, what I hope for themewise is a fortress built primarily out of really large natural caverns. A cavern fortress! What I would *especially* like is to be at war with a necromantic tower. This place will hopefully become the capital and center of knowledge, so potential for corruption there if we ever steal their tablet. Having neighbors of other kinds would also be fun to attempt alliances and espionage.

Small idea, but tall order, I know. If you can provide what's needed, I'd be most thankful. :)

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 29, 2019, 03:38:01 pm »

Here's one that should work, Akoto.  If you embark on that cavern in the NW corner of the region, it's steel friendly, and has only a partial aquifer.
There are at least one of each civ (dwarf, elf, human, goblin), plus a tower, within range.
Spoiler: akoto1 (click to show/hide)

Akoto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 29, 2019, 04:20:58 pm »

Here's one that should work, Akoto.  If you embark on that cavern in the NW corner of the region, it's steel friendly, and has only a partial aquifer.
There are at least one of each civ (dwarf, elf, human, goblin), plus a tower, within range.
Spoiler: akoto1 (click to show/hide)

Thank you! Now I just need to remember how to take all of that and ... use it. Heh. I haven't set up a game based upon others' parameters in forever. :)

Asi Kom, Legendary Scribe

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 29, 2019, 11:03:34 pm »

First time poster, never used advanced parameters or any sort before and unfamiliar with how this whole thing works, I just have a simple request if anyone happens to have the ability to fill it; I would like a highly "good" aligned world, but in particular I want good aligned mountains, and if I had to be even more specific, I'd love a good aligned mountain with nearby unicorns and sun berries, if that is a possibility at all.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 29, 2019, 11:22:09 pm »

First time poster, never used advanced parameters or any sort before and unfamiliar with how this whole thing works, I just have a simple request if anyone happens to have the ability to fill it; I would like a highly "good" aligned world, but in particular I want good aligned mountains, and if I had to be even more specific, I'd love a good aligned mountain with nearby unicorns and sun berries, if that is a possibility at all.
You are new player or elf?

vjek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 29, 2019, 11:32:53 pm »

What you want is no problem, but there is one catch.  You can't embark on an exclusively mountain biome, as a dwarf.   As strange as that sounds.
I'll see what I can do about finding you a non-savage, good, temperate shrubland adjacent to a good mountain.

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 29, 2019, 11:51:38 pm »

You are new player or elf?
I am relatively new, but I'm surely no elf. My name is even in the human language! I have had about 5 or 6 forts at this time, and I can honestly say my military is my weakest part of my fort building my dwarven friend. I have amassed fortunes, extracted strands, had huge, sprawling 100+ dwarven bases and even been to the circus below, but I'm just looking for a fun area to play at, and I thought breeding unicorns and having my dwarves drinking high quality booze would be an interesting twist on this fort as I've never embarked on a good aligned area previous to now and if I am going to do so, I'd like for at least those particular priorities regarding wildlife and plantlife to be fulfilled.

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 29, 2019, 11:52:16 pm »

What you want is no problem, but there is one catch.  You can't embark on an exclusively mountain biome, as a dwarf.   As strange as that sounds.
I'll see what I can do about finding you a non-savage, good, temperate shrubland adjacent to a good mountain.
I appreciate it, thank you!

vjek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 30, 2019, 10:22:52 am »

Ok, this one should work for you , Asi Kom..
no water in the caverns, but cavern trees/plants
partial aquifer, easy to bypass if you stick to the mountain biome for mining.
sun berries on the surface
both biomes are serene, half temperate shrubland
steel friendly (flux, iron, coal), sand, clay, candy, 10z from embark to magma
at war with goblins
humans nearby
You can expand or move the embark east if you want surface water (a brook)
Verified Unicorn spawning in either location
Spoiler: asi_kom4 (click to show/hide)

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 03, 2019, 09:21:45 pm »

So I genned a world and started a fort but despite clearly seeing and being able to send parties to the nearby elf and goblin sites, I am getting no visitors and the sites are abandoned. In fact, all sites are apparently abandoned including the dwarf civ (no emissary) and the world is in age of Legends.

What did I mess up in world gen? I thought all I did was increase caves and reduce werewolf curses, is this culling non-important world characters? For some reason I have vague memories of that setting so i wonder if I fiddled with it disastrously.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 09:23:59 pm by thegoatgod_pan »
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 04, 2019, 05:19:17 am »

The number of visitors seems to depend on the number of members of civs (basically if they have any spare members to travel the world and visiting places), and goblin civs don't send visitors.
The caravan and trade liaison can go missing for years on end for no apparent reason, as well as due to bugs. If you received a message about your civ being dead or dying you're in a greater danger of missing out on caravans (possibly because of trouble at the mountainhome).
Many world crumble under the onslaught of rampaging megabeasts and goblin conquest, with what remaining just clinging to existence. When I generate worlds I export their legends info and look at the world in Legends Viewer to gain some insight into whether the civs are in a decent shape so I can determine whether to use the world or generate a new one (I use the same parameters for the same PSV world, with only the seeds rerolled, and the results can vary a lot even then).

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 10, 2019, 02:13:22 pm »

I need smaller or pocket world with only one goblin civ, but this civ must have all evil creatures (I make all evil creatures exotic pets or heroes, also vanilla trolls, ogres and blizzard men must be as servants) and max of underground pets (also will good, if they will have maneras).
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15