Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15

Author Topic: DF v0.44.02+ Worldgen Cookbook Thread  (Read 69060 times)

CEHA

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud to be Ukrainian
    • View Profile
DF v0.44.02+ Worldgen Cookbook Thread
« on: December 05, 2017, 04:07:26 pm »

Created in DF v0.44.02.

Code: [Select]
YEAR:1000
Civilized World Population
2338 Dwarves
3324 Humans
1812 Elves
14865 Goblins
237 Kobolds

Total: 22576

Shallow iron
Raw adamantine 4 veins

Code: [Select]
[WORLD_GEN]
[TITLE:ad_x4]
[SEED:ddoqBeueaOnNfDhdhIlS]
[HISTORY_SEED:wK0IEmesEES6IyY6WOsU]
[NAME_SEED:EM6GmaAQ6gI8ySgu2EMU]
[CREATURE_SEED:28UQyoSgsSUG0AuwOSEG]
[DIM:33:33]
[EMBARK_POINTS:1504]
[END_YEAR:1000]
[BEAST_END_YEAR:2:80]
[REVEAL_ALL_HISTORY:1]
[CULL_HISTORICAL_FIGURES:0]
[ELEVATION:1:400:102:102]
[RAINFALL:1:100:51:51]
[TEMPERATURE:25:75:51:51]
[DRAINAGE:1:100:51:51]
[VOLCANISM:1:100:51:51]
[SAVAGERY:1:100:51:51]
[ELEVATION_FREQUENCY:1:1:1:1:1:1]
[RAIN_FREQUENCY:1:1:1:1:1:1]
[DRAINAGE_FREQUENCY:1:1:1:1:1:1]
[TEMPERATURE_FREQUENCY:1:1:1:1:1:1]
[SAVAGERY_FREQUENCY:1:1:1:1:1:1]
[VOLCANISM_FREQUENCY:1:1:1:1:1:1]
[POLE:NORTH]
[MINERAL_SCARCITY:1500]
[MEGABEAST_CAP:3]
[SEMIMEGABEAST_CAP:5]
[TITAN_NUMBER:2]
[TITAN_ATTACK_TRIGGER:80:0:100000]
[DEMON_NUMBER:20]
[NIGHT_TROLL_NUMBER:10]
[BOGEYMAN_NUMBER:10]
[VAMPIRE_NUMBER:10]
[WEREBEAST_NUMBER:10]
[SECRET_NUMBER:20]
[REGIONAL_INTERACTION_NUMBER:20]
[DISTURBANCE_INTERACTION_NUMBER:20]
[EVIL_CLOUD_NUMBER:10]
[EVIL_RAIN_NUMBER:10]
[GENERATE_DIVINE_MATERIALS:1]
[GOOD_SQ_COUNTS:1:16:0]
[EVIL_SQ_COUNTS:1:16:0]
[PEAK_NUMBER_MIN:1]
[PARTIAL_OCEAN_EDGE_MIN:1]
[COMPLETE_OCEAN_EDGE_MIN:0]
[VOLCANO_MIN:1]
[REGION_COUNTS:SWAMP:0:0:0]
[REGION_COUNTS:DESERT:0:0:0]
[REGION_COUNTS:FOREST:0:0:0]
[REGION_COUNTS:MOUNTAINS:0:0:0]
[REGION_COUNTS:OCEAN:0:0:0]
[REGION_COUNTS:GLACIER:0:0:0]
[REGION_COUNTS:TUNDRA:0:0:0]
[REGION_COUNTS:GRASSLAND:0:0:0]
[REGION_COUNTS:HILLS:0:0:0]
[EROSION_CYCLE_COUNT:250]
[RIVER_MINS:6:6]
[PERIODICALLY_ERODE_EXTREMES:1]
[OROGRAPHIC_PRECIPITATION:1]
[SUBREGION_MAX:2750]
[CAVERN_LAYER_COUNT:3]
[CAVERN_LAYER_OPENNESS_MIN:0]
[CAVERN_LAYER_OPENNESS_MAX:100]
[CAVERN_LAYER_PASSAGE_DENSITY_MIN:0]
[CAVERN_LAYER_PASSAGE_DENSITY_MAX:100]
[CAVERN_LAYER_WATER_MIN:0]
[CAVERN_LAYER_WATER_MAX:50]
[HAVE_BOTTOM_LAYER_1:1]
[HAVE_BOTTOM_LAYER_2:1]
[LEVELS_ABOVE_GROUND:15]
[LEVELS_ABOVE_LAYER_1:5]
[LEVELS_ABOVE_LAYER_2:1]
[LEVELS_ABOVE_LAYER_3:1]
[LEVELS_ABOVE_LAYER_4:1]
[LEVELS_ABOVE_LAYER_5:10]
[LEVELS_AT_BOTTOM:1]
[CAVE_MIN_SIZE:5]
[CAVE_MAX_SIZE:25]
[MOUNTAIN_CAVE_MIN:3]
[NON_MOUNTAIN_CAVE_MIN:5]
[ALL_CAVES_VISIBLE:1]
[SHOW_EMBARK_TUNNEL:2]
[TOTAL_CIV_NUMBER:10]
[TOTAL_CIV_POPULATION:16000]
[SITE_CAP:70]
[PLAYABLE_CIVILIZATION_REQUIRED:1]
[ELEVATION_RANGES:136:272:136]
[RAIN_RANGES:0:0:0]
[DRAINAGE_RANGES:0:0:0]
[SAVAGERY_RANGES:0:0:0]
[VOLCANISM_RANGES:0:0:0]
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 04:12:54 pm by CEHA »

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Re: DF v0.44.02+ Worldgen Cookbook Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 04:26:15 pm »

Here is my masterwork world gen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5zrKZh_Hxg&list=PL22FmIq3wbUgYfTdoVx1NAquLujBStGMZ&index=119&t=1h09m37s
Kobolds 928
Jotunars: 840
Windy Minions: 650
Goblins: 629
Titans: 628
Nightcreatures: 627
Succubi: 624
Harpies: 525
Orcs: 501
humans: 497
Nagas: 432
Vampires: 422
Dwarves: 320
Cave Fireflies: 9 million
Bats: 236,000

The nagas all died in the winter because their town was underwater.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Akoto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 04:47:19 am »

I hope it's okay to make a worldgen request, because I have one that's at least a little specific, please!

I'm working on a surface city and need just the right site for it. What I'd particularly like is a site with a waterfall hitting the bottom of its flow and sending out lots of happy-making mist for my surface dwellers. Would be nice for aesthetics if this was to the north side of the map, but doesn't have to be. I'm terrible at finding waterfalls, hard as I try to use the elevation tool, etc. Otherwise, all I need around that waterfall/waterfall lake is a wide open area to build the surface city. These folks will do little to no underground stuff.

A nice secondary benefit would be the presence of lots of fruit trees. I have recently discovered the wonder of how beneficial these are when building on the surface. Might be fun to be near goblins and/or a tower, too, to occasionally test the mighty defenses of our walls!

But really, the misty waterfall base with the nice, big landscape for the city would be good. :)

Dainz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 07:06:02 am »

Dear World Gen Experts, i've been looking for a new challenge and discovered the "Nights Watch" Megaproject on the Wiki. I really like the idea, but as a world-gen noob, i have no idea how to generate such specific worlds, also I'm lazy, so has someone generated a westeros like world or a small region, with lots of goblins and towers in the north, and a suitable long stretch of ice, with woodlands between the north, and the rest of the continent?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 01:00:41 pm »

I'm trying to generate a world that is 17x257, bounded by mountains on three sides, an ocean on the fourth, and has an enormous river running down the center. I've got everything figured out except the mountains. Is there a parameter that will let me do that? Or will I have to use Perfect World?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2018, 01:37:00 am »

I'm not aware of a parameter that can achieve that.

I use PSVs to shape my worlds. As far as I understand Perfect World requires an image for the start. The vanilla built in World Editor can be used (painfully), as can spreadsheets or Tweakmap (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=161188.msg7228166#msg7228166).

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2018, 09:35:59 am »

I was looking for the image of a giant river valley that inspired me to want to make one myself, and I found it... in the Perfect World OP, as an example of what Perfect World could do. So yeah.

daggaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2018, 11:45:47 am »

I've got a seed with 200 volcanoes optimized to include large vertical drops and sedimentary layers with the magma tubes. One of those volcanoes has a stream, a large flat temperate plateau covered in forest, and a tiny volcano in the corner. The magma is twenty squares level from the plateau where you start. Interested?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 11:47:21 am by daggaz »

Hobelhouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2018, 09:16:41 pm »

Dear World Gen Experts, i've been looking for a new challenge and discovered the "Nights Watch" Megaproject on the Wiki. I really like the idea, but as a world-gen noob, i have no idea how to generate such specific worlds, also I'm lazy, so has someone generated a westeros like world or a small region, with lots of goblins and towers in the north, and a suitable long stretch of ice, with woodlands between the north, and the rest of the continent?

You could try modding the entity file so that goblins only spawn on glacier, taiga, or tundra, then try genning a world.

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept stringed instrumentalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2018, 08:23:24 pm »

I've got a seed with 200 volcanoes optimized to include large vertical drops and sedimentary layers with the magma tubes. One of those volcanoes has a stream, a large flat temperate plateau covered in forest, and a tiny volcano in the corner. The magma is twenty squares level from the plateau where you start. Interested?

Hell, yeah, I'm interested. Send me that seed. If you wanna shoot over your worldgen parameters so I can stare at your volcanism settings, that'd be great, too.

On a more general note, I've got a question for the board at large. Whenever I generate a world with advanced parameters -- any sort of changes at all, as far as I can tell -- I seem to end up with fewer goblins than with the quickstart generation; definitely fewer sites and (possibly?) fewer civs. So...
  • What sort of biome do goblins need to spawn? The raws suggest that they'll spawn in any biome, but is there something past that?
  • What can I do to get goblin civs to grow faster/produce more sites? I keep getting regions with 20-40 human cities or hippie colonies alongside maybe 5-6 dark pits.
  • Is there any way to weight or tweak the worldgen to place more goblin civs than civs of other races?
And are there any other factors I should be thinking about? I'm trying to get a fairly hostile world, covered in goblins, where any site I might care to embark at is no more than a day's journey from at least one goblin pit.

Thanks in advance! I'm working on figuring out just how the worldgen works but, well... It goes without saying that there's a lot that goes into it.
Give your dwarves a pet
My holiday mod (only offensive to elves)
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2018, 01:45:43 am »

-Goblins can spawn in any biome, but they can't tolerate high savagery. Unlike other races they can spawn in evil biomes. Thus, with a PSV world you can create a lot of biomes that only goblins can settle in (which won't stop other races from conquering those sites, but other races won't settle there on their own), as other races have restrictions on what biomes they can settle in. You can also tweak those restrictions.
- You can specify the maximum number of civs of a race in the raws, so you can cut back on the number of dwarven, elven, and human civs while leaving the goblin one uncapped to have most of the civs being goblin ones.

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept stringed instrumentalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2018, 04:05:08 pm »

Thanks, that's helpful. Can you change the good/evil frequency in the PSV settings? I haven't found anything about that.

As a secondary question, I've got a specific sort of terrain in mind—lots of tall, tiny mountains (1-2 region [not world] tiles across) to build in. Can the elevation be fiddled with on that small a scale? I'd also really prefer that they were filled with stone, not soil—basically what I'm looking for is big spires of stone, so I get interestingly-shaped natural walls around my fortress, rather than just an infinite square expanse, and solid stone so my whole fortress can have smooth walls instead of dirt floor. Does anyone have any tips for that?
Give your dwarves a pet
My holiday mod (only offensive to elves)
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

zdrgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2018, 05:16:07 pm »

Thought I'd share medium region, 3x3 waterfall+volcano embark I just stumbled apon.
2 Biomes rich in metals(according to embark, I've only scouted lots of gold and copper from the cliffs of the river) Woodland and shrubland.
Unfortunately No flux per embark screen.
But Deep soil, clay, aquifer(all 9 tiles),multiple shallow and deep metals.(in both biomes)

Palette and tileset are Taffer's.
Plateau surface

1z down

I'm still tailoring my Medium Region - 127x127.  Its an attempt to give a balanced world with boosted glacier squares and extra small and medium evil zones for a good shot at evil glaciers (with volcanoes) while maintaining a world capable of many neutral zones. It is extremely biome diverse set to allow the cap of 5000.  (15-60 temp ) instead of 25-75 ann higher drainage for glaciers and less ocean (40-400 elevation) using some 2x2 meshes.  (will usually give between 0-4 failures due to too many biomes)
it has 192 volcanoes. Don't ask me why but i like powers of two and sexy binary numbers in worldgen params.  Savagery leans toward savage.

Map Generated by Params (abovementioned embark is a volcano on a river bend in southeast corner, just barely northwest of the good mountain range (goldpinkishcolor)

Fyi -If you keep the seeds but randomize creature i think it is. You'll randomize where the evil zones are, in case you want this with Terrifying biome.  History might give you different civs.  and diff necro tower placements.  I think you can't change any world params though or you get another map(not even history length if memory serves).
WorldgenParams
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

edited wrong post lol.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 08:03:40 pm by zdrgn »

Lord Shiteblast

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok be praised
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2018, 09:24:12 am »

Howdy folks. I'm looking for an embark with a large difference in elevation - a valley with sheer mountain next to it, preferably with cliffs. I've turned off the erode cliffs flag on my world gen, but I'm not finding many embarks that satisfy what I'm looking for.

Basically what I'd like is a nice tall mountain that I carve the front out of to make an Erebor-style fortress entrance. The valley is far less important, but even just a small patch of flat-ish land at the bottom would be helpful.

I've gone through the world gen articles on wiki, but I'm struggling to understand how the elevation and drainage stuff works.

Thanks for any help you can give!

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2018, 12:59:19 pm »

Thanks, that's helpful. Can you change the good/evil frequency in the PSV settings? I haven't found anything about that.

As a secondary question, I've got a specific sort of terrain in mind—lots of tall, tiny mountains (1-2 region [not world] tiles across) to build in. Can the elevation be fiddled with on that small a scale? I'd also really prefer that they were filled with stone, not soil—basically what I'm looking for is big spires of stone, so I get interestingly-shaped natural walls around my fortress, rather than just an infinite square expanse, and solid stone so my whole fortress can have smooth walls instead of dirt floor. Does anyone have any tips for that?
Good/Evil is entirely out of the PSV domain. You can manipulate it by setting up e.g. a large number of small good region tiles and a large number of evil medium region tiles and make your PSV world such that all the regions you want to be good are small (and the tile count is higher than the sum of tiles in those regions), all the evil ones are medium (with the same count logic) and all the neutral ones are large (you can shuffle which size ranges are good/evil/neutral, of course). It's also possible to make a DFHack script to hack the evilness of regions during world gen, but such a script is highly specific for the particular world (I use that trick to ensure all the glaciers are evil for my glacier starting goblins).

Yes, Region Manipulator (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=164136.msg7454345#msg7454345) allows you to up the elevation of individual mid level tiles. Note that you won't get sheer walls, "only" very steep ones. To get them to not have any soil you need to have them poke up over an elevation of 150 (which is mountain height). The lower levels might get soil on the sides, but I haven't tried, so I don't know.

Howdy folks. I'm looking for an embark with a large difference in elevation - a valley with sheer mountain next to it, preferably with cliffs. I've turned off the erode cliffs flag on my world gen, but I'm not finding many embarks that satisfy what I'm looking for.

Basically what I'd like is a nice tall mountain that I carve the front out of to make an Erebor-style fortress entrance. The valley is far less important, but even just a small patch of flat-ish land at the bottom would be helpful.

I've gone through the world gen articles on wiki, but I'm struggling to understand how the elevation and drainage stuff works.

Thanks for any help you can give!
The answer above should cover this as well, assuming you're willing to use DFHack scripts. If not, sharp elevation differences in PSV worlds should probably get you somewhat near to what you want.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15