Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: DF v0.44.02+ Worldgen Cookbook Thread  (Read 69535 times)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: DF v0.44.02+ Worldgen Cookbook Thread
« Reply #195 on: October 10, 2019, 04:10:39 pm »

I would recommend using pre-set values world with biomemanipulator in worldgen for faunadiversity for this, becuase:

Dark gnome: Evil Mountain
Ogre, grimeling: Evil swamp
Blizzard men, ice wolf: Evil glacier
Foul blendec, strangler: evil moist broadleaf forest forest
nightwing: evil desert

That's 8 creatures in 5 biomes, and with about 20% for any of them to be missing just like vanilla trolls can be absent, one is looking at less than one in seven worlds having the possibility when biomes match.

Also because I'm not sure whether the rest of your mods would result in same creature population placements as unmodded game.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 10, 2019, 05:26:11 pm »

I would recommend using pre-set values world with biomemanipulator in worldgen for faunadiversity for this, becuase:

Dark gnome: Evil Mountain
Ogre, grimeling: Evil swamp
Blizzard men, ice wolf: Evil glacier
Foul blendec, strangler: evil moist broadleaf forest forest
nightwing: evil desert

That's 8 creatures in 5 biomes, and with about 20% for any of them to be missing just like vanilla trolls can be absent, one is looking at less than one in seven worlds having the possibility when biomes match.

Also because I'm not sure whether the rest of your mods would result in same creature population placements as unmodded game.
My mod just add werewolves from older version DF.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 10, 2019, 06:26:55 pm »

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, DerMeister, but it might help get you started?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

vjek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 03, 2019, 01:26:57 pm »

Came across this today, hadn't seen it before..

Triple Spires
Embark level 149, highest peak is 269, 120Z of spires
Three adjacent, one stubby..

The embark has no water, and only blood thorn, but is steel friendly (lignite, limestone, limonite) and there is candy.
There are no other civs or enemies, but that can be added pretty easily, if desired.
The embark site could be made to be 3x2 or 2x3 in any direction, to be a bit smaller.
Oh, and over 5k light yellow diamonds is kind of nice, too.  :P
Spoiler: Triple Spires (click to show/hide)

DoubleG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 17, 2019, 08:26:48 pm »

Dear Forum,

I have been trying to get the perfect embark site for ages. I have created so many maps and searched them assiduously but it seems to be impossible. I have even been tinkering with the World Gen Parameters to try and get it to work but am starting to despair.

I was trying to create a 3x3 or 4x4 embark with a volcano, river or sea, preferably with a Tower nearby but definitely with all the Civs available. I wanted it to be split biome, one portion Evil, other doesn't matter, but preferably as savage as possible. I want the infinite water source so I can make obsidian and I want the evil biome so I can grow Sliver Barb and dress all my dwarfs in snazzy black cloths.

Here's the world gen info that I'm using to try and get my embark. If anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it. Advice on world gen or even on how to quickly search maps for evil volcanoes. (poring over them is starting to give me eye strain)

Code: [Select]
[WORLD_GEN]
[TITLE:MED REG VOLCANISM]
[DIM:129:129]
[EMBARK_POINTS:2500]
[END_YEAR:200]
[BEAST_END_YEAR:200:60]
[REVEAL_ALL_HISTORY:1]
[CULL_HISTORICAL_FIGURES:1]
[ELEVATION:1:400:401:401]
[RAINFALL:0:100:200:200]
[TEMPERATURE:35:65:200:200]
[DRAINAGE:0:100:200:200]
[VOLCANISM:0:100:3200:3200]
[SAVAGERY:1:100:200:200]
[ELEVATION_FREQUENCY:1:50:50:1:50:150]
[RAIN_FREQUENCY:1:50:0:0:1:500]
[DRAINAGE_FREQUENCY:1:50:0:0:100:500]
[TEMPERATURE_FREQUENCY:1:1:1:1:1:1]
[SAVAGERY_FREQUENCY:1:500:0:100:0:500]
[VOLCANISM_FREQUENCY:2:500:100:1:1:500]
[POLE:NONE]
[MINERAL_SCARCITY:1000]
[MEGABEAST_CAP:18]
[SEMIMEGABEAST_CAP:37]
[TITAN_NUMBER:52]
[TITAN_ATTACK_TRIGGER:80:0:100000]
[DEMON_NUMBER:52]
[NIGHT_TROLL_NUMBER:14]
[BOGEYMAN_NUMBER:14]
[VAMPIRE_NUMBER:14]
[WEREBEAST_NUMBER:14]
[SECRET_NUMBER:1000]
[REGIONAL_INTERACTION_NUMBER:28]
[DISTURBANCE_INTERACTION_NUMBER:28]
[EVIL_CLOUD_NUMBER:14]
[EVIL_RAIN_NUMBER:14]
[GENERATE_DIVINE_MATERIALS:1]
[GOOD_SQ_COUNTS:25:251:503]
[EVIL_SQ_COUNTS:25:251:503]
[PEAK_NUMBER_MIN:6]
[PARTIAL_OCEAN_EDGE_MIN:2]
[COMPLETE_OCEAN_EDGE_MIN:1]
[VOLCANO_MIN:100]
[REGION_COUNTS:SWAMP:260:1:1]
[REGION_COUNTS:DESERT:260:1:1]
[REGION_COUNTS:FOREST:1040:3:3]
[REGION_COUNTS:MOUNTAINS:2080:2:2]
[REGION_COUNTS:OCEAN:2080:1:1]
[REGION_COUNTS:GLACIER:0:0:0]
[REGION_COUNTS:TUNDRA:0:0:0]
[REGION_COUNTS:GRASSLAND:2080:3:3]
[REGION_COUNTS:HILLS:2080:3:3]
[EROSION_CYCLE_COUNT:150]
[RIVER_MINS:800:800]
[PERIODICALLY_ERODE_EXTREMES:1]
[OROGRAPHIC_PRECIPITATION:1]
[SUBREGION_MAX:5000]
[CAVERN_LAYER_COUNT:3]
[CAVERN_LAYER_OPENNESS_MIN:75]
[CAVERN_LAYER_OPENNESS_MAX:100]
[CAVERN_LAYER_PASSAGE_DENSITY_MIN:0]
[CAVERN_LAYER_PASSAGE_DENSITY_MAX:50]
[CAVERN_LAYER_WATER_MIN:0]
[CAVERN_LAYER_WATER_MAX:100]
[HAVE_BOTTOM_LAYER_1:1]
[HAVE_BOTTOM_LAYER_2:1]
[LEVELS_ABOVE_GROUND:15]
[LEVELS_ABOVE_LAYER_1:10]
[LEVELS_ABOVE_LAYER_2:1]
[LEVELS_ABOVE_LAYER_3:1]
[LEVELS_ABOVE_LAYER_4:1]
[LEVELS_ABOVE_LAYER_5:2]
[LEVELS_AT_BOTTOM:1]
[CAVE_MIN_SIZE:5]
[CAVE_MAX_SIZE:25]
[MOUNTAIN_CAVE_MIN:30]
[NON_MOUNTAIN_CAVE_MIN:50]
[ALL_CAVES_VISIBLE:0]
[SHOW_EMBARK_TUNNEL:2]
[TOTAL_CIV_NUMBER:80]
[TOTAL_CIV_POPULATION:20000]
[SITE_CAP:2000]
[PLAYABLE_CIVILIZATION_REQUIRED:1]
[ELEVATION_RANGES:2080:4160:2080]
[RAIN_RANGES:2080:4160:2080]
[DRAINAGE_RANGES:2080:4160:2080]
[SAVAGERY_RANGES:2080:4160:2080]
[VOLCANISM_RANGES:2080:4160:2080]

NordicNooob

• Bay Watcher
  • *Not actually Nordic
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 17, 2019, 09:24:32 pm »

First, set your min volcanism to 100. Next, in the parameters themselves (not in-game), crank your max volcanoes to something absurd, like 8000, which will make about half your world tiles have a volcano on them. Next, to increase the number of land spaces, turn min elevation to 99. It won't have much effect on what you're looking for, and oceans are sort of bad to embark on anyways. In addition, I'd tinker with elevation. Give heavy weight to mid-low elevations (weighted ranges, and make sure to set as 2x2 or it won't work); volcanoes like to make mountains, and mountains aren't nice to embark on and make rivers harder to get nearby. Next, set elevation variance to something very low, like 20, but still require a mountain peak or two or three so dwarves can exist. The peak will force high elevations to briefly exist, it's funky like that.

And finally, as a little suggestion, crank those semimegabeasts way up. Semis don't mess with civilizations like megas and titans do, so you can have basically as many as you want. I've gotten over 1000 in a 33x33 with little issues other than a slightly longer wait before world gen actually starts.

For actually finding the spot, try the DFhack command embark-assistant. It lets you search specifically for a lot of things, and will even let you minimize the evil effects that the biome has, supposing you care about it.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 17, 2019, 09:57:46 pm »

... I was trying to create a 3x3 or 4x4 embark with a volcano, river or sea, preferably with a Tower nearby but definitely with all the Civs available. I wanted it to be split biome, one portion Evil, other doesn't matter, but preferably as savage as possible. I want the infinite water source so I can make obsidian and I want the evil biome so I can grow Sliver Barb and dress all my dwarfs in snazzy black cloths.
Would you be ok with a partial aquifer for infinite water, instead of a river or ocean, while keeping all other parameters the same?

DoubleG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 18, 2019, 05:12:16 pm »

Thank you all for your replies. I have edited a version of Mr Evil's World Gen to try and get the embark I'd like. The most helpful thing has been learning about the embark assistant. That has been a life saver. The new maps come up with many almost perfect embarks. "Rimtardir Stodir" shall rise!

The only problems with the embarks is the lack of towers. I'm wondering if it's possible to go into adventure mode, become a necromancer and build a tower!!

vjek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 18, 2019, 09:06:54 pm »

... The only problems with the embarks is the lack of towers. ...
While this has a partial aquifer instead of ocean / river, for infinite water, it also has a tower:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 20, 2019, 11:41:06 pm »

Is there any way to generate a world that is predominantly 'Cold'?

I have been playing around with PerfectWorldDF to generate worlds, and the one field where I seem to lack much control is the Temperature Map. No matter what I set the values to, I get a world with the full temperature range from Frozen to Scorching.

Is that just something I'm stuck with?

vjek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 21, 2019, 01:09:05 am »

It's pretty straightforward to make a completely frozen world.  Do you want glacier, tundra, or a mix of both?  That's decided by drainage.
But essentially, set both the min and max temps to something like -90 and your whole world should be frozen.
Spoiler: All Cold Example (click to show/hide)

Bortness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 21, 2019, 11:47:12 am »

Is there any way to generate a world that is predominantly 'Cold'?

I have been playing around with PerfectWorldDF to generate worlds, and the one field where I seem to lack much control is the Temperature Map. No matter what I set the values to, I get a world with the full temperature range from Frozen to Scorching.

Is that just something I'm stuck with?

Turn poles off.

bucketsofbuckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 03, 2020, 07:48:06 pm »

Are there any sets of worldgen params that can help create bigger better ore deposits? That seemed a lot more common in old versions, by my memory. Like getting 150K copper ore in a 3x3, where it seems more common now to get like 5-20k each of several ones. Mineral scarcity seems to add variety low, and raising it reduces everything (unless there's a magic range). Do other params than volcanism and elevation affect the amount or density of certain layers?

NordicNooob

• Bay Watcher
  • *Not actually Nordic
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 03, 2020, 08:55:54 pm »

You've got quite a few options when it comes to getting more ore.
1. I'm not sure if it will have any effect, but you may be able to manually reduce mineral scarcity to below 100 by making the change in the world_gen.txt file rather than the in-game param editor.
2. Reducing erosion will prevent top layers of stone from being destroyed, thus making for more shallow layers, which tend to contain the best types of ore.
3. For changing the ore deposits themselves, you can look in the raws of inorganic_stone_mineral. In particular, the [ENVIRONMENT:SEDIMENTARY:VEIN:100] tag which determines most of the spawning factors like size, shape, and spawn soil type.
4. Bumping up the amount of layers in your world in general (particularly before the first cavern) can help generate more ore, both due to helping shallow layers not exist in caverns and just having more space to spawn ore. Advanced worlds are by default much shorter than basic worlds, so this may explain much of the large discrepancy between your memory and what is actually happening.
5. Volcanism shouldn't effect how much ore you get, just what kinds. Elevation may stretch layers out, but is not something I typically tamper with for ore gen reasons, so I'm unsure of how exactly ore generation is effected other than "more layers of elevation = more ore" which is sort of obvious.
I'm curious as of what you'd want such a significant amount of ore for, it sounds interesting and dwarfy at the least. Generally if you've got any ore of a specific type on your map you have more than enough for all your needs and probably even most of your wants.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15