Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Outsider considered recruit even with certain skills?  (Read 929 times)

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
Outsider considered recruit even with certain skills?
« on: December 05, 2017, 07:08:52 pm »

I think I discovered a bug in this version, when I gained my skills up to competent as a human outsider, I check my title and its still at "recruit" rather than level to "Axeman", and not even fast travelling helps in this situation, can this be considered a bug?
Waluigi rushes to aid him, but not before warning Bowser, "Don't expect mouth-to-mouth!"

BadCompany141

• Bay Watcher
  • [POWER] Legendary Blowgunner, Legendary Knapper
    • View Profile
Re: Outsider considered recruit even with certain skills?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 09:37:15 pm »

im sure this was pointed it out as a bug ten years ago

the thing is as an outsider you don't belong to any civilization entity or military squad because your an outsider therefor you will be like those random animals/humanoids in the world's wild that have lairs(ie troll recruit, black bear recruit, cheetah recruit ect)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

legendary wrestler 15+ atm in current version, still a recruit as an outsider

Urist Sonuvagimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Outsider considered recruit even with certain skills?
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 01:38:38 am »

If you want to change the profession without resorting to DFhack, then retire, create a dwarf fort and appoint militia commander, retire the dwarf fort, unretire adventurer and join the fort as the militiaman. As soon as you go back to fort mode, your adventurer will have a profession (e.g. Axeman).