Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 48

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 3: GAME OVER(about time, too).  (Read 75391 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Fallacy's BYOR 3: GAME OVER(about time, too).
« on: December 05, 2017, 09:18:13 pm »

((Optional flavor follows...))

"Null. If a paradox like last game happens again, it will lead to a total collapse of this reality!"

"But we can just make a new one!"

"Do you really want to waste time on that?"

"... no, lowercase. I really should check up on No one of these days."

"You go do that. I'll get started configuring the thingies and beckoning Manifestations..."

In came the Manifestations, drawn to the third Mafia game hosted by the dreaded Null Nevermore.
~~~
The rules:

Basic mafia rules are in effect. Also a few reminders:
No sending PMs to other players(unless you're a mafia player, in which case you can send PMs to your scum buddy(ies)).
Don't directly quote your role PM(you may paraphrase it, and you are allowed to directly quote things I've said in thread).
If you're dead, you get one bah post(no game-relevant content). After that, no more posting. Unless you come back to life(role powers, eh?).
You may only take one action per phase unless your role notes an exception to this rule.

A special hammer system is in effect:
The game will consist of 72 hour days and 48 hour nights(the time will not pass during weekends). During the day, the day may end because of a hammer(getting the majority of the game's available votes on a player will lynch that player, ending the day), or because of the deadline. What makes this system different is that at LYLO or MYLO, the hammer system will not be active, and the only way to end the day will be via reaching the deadline. To prevent mod confirmation of the fact that it's MYLO or LYLO, the fact that the hammer system is not or is being used will not be announced.

The extend system has been extensively tweaked. Each player has a personal extension which can be freely used by them to extend the day phase by 24 hours. A majority of players can vote to extend the day by 48 hours once per day(a supermajority can vote to shorten, instantly ending the day, in the same manner). On Day 1, the deadline will start off 48 hours later than normal, to account for the tendency of player to always extend on day 1.

Any and all of the normal rules and whatnot may be subverted/modified/disabled/whatever by role powers.

There may be third parties present in the game.

This is a BYOR, meaning when you go in, you must also PM me something for me to build your role out of. What are you allowed to submit? Almost everything. Basically, if it doesn't violate the forum rules and guidelines, and I think I can make something fun out of it, it should be fine. I reserve the right to veto your role submission.

The theme this round is: TvTropes. When you make your role submission, you must also submit a linked trope from TvTropes. You may choose to submit two tropes instead, but in that case, I will add an additional flaw to your role. Y'know, for extra !!fun!!.

I will create a special rule based off of each submitted trope. Each day, players will see a list of what tropes have not yet been used(but not their effects) and may vote to activate one of them.

The effect of the activated trope will start at the end of the day where the rule is voted on and will end at the end of the next day by default, if a trope has an effect that lasts longer, it will be noted. When a trope is activated, its effect or part of its effect may or may not be automatically revealed. If no trope is activated by vote in a day, a random unactivated trope will be activated.

The trope rules may be subverted/modified/disabled/whatever by role powers.

I repeat, you submit a trope in addition to your role submission. Not a trope by itself, a trope(or two) and your role submission. My apologies for being confusing.
~~~
The game will start... sooner or later. As soon as I have at least 7 players(9 is my preference) and signups grind to a halt.

Spoiler: Game Spoilers (click to show/hide)

Replacement list:
-(?)
~~~
Please inform me(via PM is my preference) if you notice any mistakes I may have made(in the OP, in actions... vote counts... basically everything).
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 11:34:25 am by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 3(0/9+): Now without In Again! In Signups!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 10:24:38 am »

Hm. Love Mafia, hate TVTropes. Well, I guess I'll be in.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 11:02:39 am »

Ptw and to possibly join should this start after the 15th.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 3(1/9+): Now without In Again! In Signups!
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 02:04:09 pm »

I just can't wait to be king...

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
  • Still wondering why orang man and meme man feud.
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 3(2/9+): Now without In Again! In Signups!
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 04:41:33 pm »

I PM a role to buy in.
Urist McZombie, werecarp, has taken form! A giant carp twisted into a humanoid form. Its eyes glow blue. Its fins are purple. Now you will know to fear the night.
"Problems with playing in evil biomes"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2017, 03:40:06 am »

Sil being in?
I'm going in :3

Strange trope link to be PM'd later!

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2017, 03:55:05 pm »

Sil being in?
I'm going in :3

Strange trope link to be PM'd later!

Oh heck. In then. :v 
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 3(5/9+): A lot of the way there! In Signups!
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2017, 04:29:42 pm »

Hey, so I wanted to ask if this game could be considered newbie friendly? I haven't played mafia before except maybe once or twice in the past and I was wonderig if I could join this one. I know almost all of thse basic stuff, terms and rules, but I have almot zero experience in mafia.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2017, 05:33:21 pm »

You've got a good enough posting record to be unlikely to disappear from the forum all together, I'd say we give you a shot. It's Fallacy's call though.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2017, 06:00:04 pm »

In, I have more time now.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2017, 07:17:43 pm »

I haven't played mafia before except maybe once or twice in the past and I was wonderig if I could join this one.
I have no problems with that. Just send in your role+trope submission.

Hey, so I wanted to ask if this game could be considered newbie friendly?
That, on the other hand, depends on your tolerance for weirdness. It's not quite so simple as a BM, but the essence of the game remains unchanged. It's not like a bastard mod game where the essence itself changes, you're still town trying to find scum or scum trying to hide from and murderize town(with maybe a third party or two thrown in for fun). I'd say go for it, though. You'll still learn the basics, but it'll be more fun this way.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 3(6/9+): Definitely getting there! In Signups!
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2017, 07:51:25 pm »

In.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 3(7/9+): 7 players would be awkward to run... In Signups!
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2017, 08:09:55 pm »

In.

I'm the same as randomgenericusername. I'm a total newbie, but I'd like to give mafia a shot. Several of the forum games I was involved in seem to have died, so I should have plenty of time for this.
Insert witty signature here

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2017, 08:11:41 pm »

Excellent! That makes eight players.

... I still need both of your role and trope submissions.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 08:13:29 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2017, 08:17:18 pm »

Excellent! That makes eight players.

... I still need both of your role and trope submissions.

PM sent.
Insert witty signature here
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 48