Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 48

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 3: GAME OVER(about time, too).  (Read 75979 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 3(11/11): Day 1: Nobody Dead
« Reply #180 on: January 09, 2018, 09:29:12 pm »

Ever thought about asking people--as in 'everyone'--a direct 'are you scum', and then picking the person you'd like to lie detect from there?
Doesn't work like that.

You also said you wanted a free question, so go ahead.
What do you think about the people voting you, and their votes on you, including how they pushed it on you in a hammer game?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 09, 2018, 10:34:40 pm »

I'm about to go sleep and im pfp.

Quote from: Tiruin
Anyway, all of those voting Maximum Spin: With the added time given, do you still think he is the best person to place your lynch vote on?
Probably yes, his claim could be fake.
For example, in a BYOR like this, I might fabricate a coordinating set of fake abilities to subvert investigations and explain away "mislynching".
Is this post that makes me not trust his claim. What if he is really a cultist or scum? Or his claim could be true but his alignment is still scum. We don't know.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 09, 2018, 11:52:29 pm »

Quote from: GigaGiant link=topic=168550.msg7662679#msg7662679 date=1515476107

[b
juicebox[/b]
You said here that you thought that Maximum Spin was town. Do you still believe that? Do you think anyone else is suspicious?

While I'm still leaning town on Max, I am a bit more suspicious of him than I was at first, due to this cultist business with Imic.

I'm also a bit suspicious of  RGU, I don't like his voting on Maximum Spin on a gut feeling.

BHK, juicebox, Silthuri: I haven't heard from you much, lately. What are your ideas towards other people? This would be expected either today or tomorrow (because the mod may be out of commission due to sickness despite hammerfall, and usually the rule for hammers is 'do not speak when after the hammer has fallen'...which goes for everyone who missed it until the topic was brought up :P )

Everyone besides the players I players I listed above is a null read for me

Maximum Spin Which player here would you like to be your scum-buddy?
There are a few answers I could give to that, with the variable being the form of strategy I'd adopt with that player on my team. For example, Imic would be among my choices, because I play using long-term strategies, and I'm confident in his ability to strategise and to maintain a strategy without going off-script like some others might.

Quote from: Maximum Spin link=topic=168550.msg7662207#msg7662207 date=151543279
Anyway, due to [i
reasons[/i], I can confirm that Imic was explicitly told that there was a cult.

These two statements are really interesting when taken together. Max, can you elaborate on how exactly you know that Imic was told that there was a cult?

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 10, 2018, 12:55:45 am »

EBWOP:

this is how that post was supposed to look

juicebox
You said here that you thought that Maximum Spin was town. Do you still believe that? Do you think anyone else is suspicious?
While I'm still leaning town on Max, I am a bit more suspicious of him than I was at first, due to this cultist business with Imic.

I'm also a bit suspicious of  RGU, I don't like his voting on Maximum Spin on a gut feeling.

BHK, juicebox, Silthuri: I haven't heard from you much, lately. What are your ideas towards other people? This would be expected either today or tomorrow (because the mod may be out of commission due to sickness despite hammerfall, and usually the rule for hammers is 'do not speak when after the hammer has fallen'...which goes for everyone who missed it until the topic was brought up :P )

Everyone besides the players I players I listed above is a null read for me

Maximum Spin Which player here would you like to be your scum-buddy?
There are a few answers I could give to that, with the variable being the form of strategy I'd adopt with that player on my team. For example, Imic would be among my choices, because I play using long-term strategies, and I'm confident in his ability to strategise and to maintain a strategy without going off-script like some others might.

Anyway, due to reasons, I can confirm that Imic was explicitly told that there was a cult.

These two statements are really interesting when taken together. Max, can you elaborate on how exactly you know that Imic was told that there was a cult?

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 10, 2018, 01:01:45 am »

Maximum Spin
Anyway, due to reasons, I can confirm that Imic was explicitly told that there was a cult.
Maximum spin, please explain this statement. How can you confirm this? Do you have a detective role?
Hm, I wouldn't call my role conventionally "detective", but it does involve getting answers to things, so in a way, yes. I knew you received a message from cultists because I was told this.
When did you learn about this message? Why did you choose to mention the cult after Imic brought it up, rather than earlier?

And lastly, Imic: Imic, how suspicious I am of you would depend entirely on how you respond to that message you should have received last night. If you continue to ignore it, especially now that you know I know about it, well, that would suggest to me that you already have other allegiances.
This statement is particularly confusing to me. Okay, I'm assuming that your role powers let you know whether Imic accepts or rejects the cult offer. Is that assumption correct? If so, then how does him ignoring that offer tell you that he has other allegiances?

Imic
You missed my last questions here.
Also, what choices do you have regarding that cult message you received last night? Can you only choose to accept it, or can you also choose to reject it?

kingawsume
Quote from: GigaGiant
1. Why did you think it was unlikely that Maximum Spin was scum?
Law of Probability; we are, by simple majority, more likely to hit a townie D1 then anything else.
Okay, but that's technically true for a vote against any one of us. Doesn't seem that relevant.
Did you have any kind of read on Maximum Spin before you hammered? What's your read on Maximum Spin now?
Also, you missed Tiruin's question:
Err, if you think someone is town, even as unhelpful as they are at the moment, anyone has unsaid abilities and other actions that they can do to help their wincon. Unhelpful town being dead, is best off done later...like, not on D1 ._.

Do you have reads on other people that approach a similar degree of scuminess, kingawsume?
Or is there something about Maximum Spin that pushed him to be a priority to hammer-lynch for the near-future?

Insert witty signature here

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 10, 2018, 06:16:44 am »

What do you think about the people voting you, and their votes on you, including how they pushed it on you in a hammer game?
Probably more out of incompetence than malice. One possible strategy the mafia could employ during that: have one or two (depending on how many mafia there are) members join the bandwagon, in order to push it ahead a little more, while the rest stay out of it in order to help guide the post-town-flip witchhunt toward town bandwagoners, with the expectation that, once a town person from the bandwagon is lynched, people will just assume the bandwagon was not a mafia plot and totally discard any further clues it might have held from their minds.

Is this post that makes me not trust his claim. What if he is really a cultist or scum? Or his claim could be true but his alignment is still scum. We don't know.
Things like this are what make me not trust you, because I think you're smart enough to know that mafia don't actually go around dropping little hints about their plans in the thread, and that strategy statements like that are totally nonpredictive.

When did you learn about this message? Why did you choose to mention the cult after Imic brought it up, rather than earlier?
Beginning of d1, and because I currently understand the cult to be town-aligned. Answering the rest of your question is beyond the scope of the information I am presently willing and able to convey.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 10, 2018, 06:39:46 am »

Wait what? Cultists aren't town aligned, they're third parties. Also can you answer my question please?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 10, 2018, 06:42:37 am »

Wait what? Cultists aren't town aligned, they're third parties.
This is a BYOR, remember? You can't assume that.
Also can you answer my question please?
I don't know what else to say. I was told that he had received a message involving whispers from a cultist. That is how I know that he received a message involving whispers from a cultist.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 10, 2018, 06:57:10 am »

I can and I will, because I've never seen town aligned cultists, not even in a BYOR

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 10, 2018, 06:58:27 am »

EBWOP: so until I have proof to the contrary, I will operate under the assumption that the cult is anti-town

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 10, 2018, 06:59:43 am »

shrug
First time for everything.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 10, 2018, 07:01:52 am »

Most of the time, cultists can just recruit other players into their cult and talk between themselves with a private chat. I don't think it would make a lot of sense for a cultist to be town, but there is a similar thing called the mason which are town-sided.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
  • Still wondering why orang man and meme man feud.
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
« Reply #192 on: January 10, 2018, 09:32:21 am »

kingawsume
Quote from: GigaGiant
1. Why did you think it was unlikely that Maximum Spin was scum?
Law of Probability; we are, by simple majority, more likely to hit a townie D1 then anything else.
Okay, but that's technically true for a vote against any one of us. Doesn't seem that relevant.
Did you have any kind of read on Maximum Spin before you hammered? What's your read on Maximum Spin now?
Also, you missed Tiruin's question:
Err, if you think someone is town, even as unhelpful as they are at the moment, anyone has unsaid abilities and other actions that they can do to help their wincon. Unhelpful town being dead, is best off done later...like, not on D1 ._.

Do you have reads on other people that approach a similar degree of scuminess, kingawsume?
Or is there something about Maximum Spin that pushed him to be a priority to hammer-lynch for the near-future?
I had a read of "Annoying person" and just wanted to get rid of him from that. Now that's he's posted some more, I'm thinking something not so assimilar to a Spy role, except that it's a cult, not mafia. Alignment is grey, but I don't believe he's a cult member. I'll Unvote for now.
To Tiru, not yet. I'll look more when I have the time. Day ends tomorrow, right?
Urist McZombie, werecarp, has taken form! A giant carp twisted into a humanoid form. Its eyes glow blue. Its fins are purple. Now you will know to fear the night.
"Problems with playing in evil biomes"

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 10, 2018, 11:22:45 am »

Working on a hunch, I started writing out evidence for how GigaGiant is probably the cult leader. But now I've gone through it, it seems less likely/reading back I seem increasingly deranged. So the work wasn't wasted, here's what I found:

Spoiler: Case For (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Case Against (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 10, 2018, 11:42:22 am »

[...
Could I ask why there's a firsthand similarity, or at least how it seems to be to me, between you and Maximum Spin's ideas--that the cult leader would speak to or address the target--that isn't directly explained but used as a foundation for the reasoning written down?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 48