Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 48

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 3: GAME OVER(about time, too).  (Read 75387 times)

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 3(10/11): Day 2: Two Dead, Ten Living, One Replaced
« Reply #270 on: January 16, 2018, 03:11:01 pm »

Pfp

I kidnapped Imic last night, blocking him and preventing others from acting upon him. I was worried about cult influences which is why I picked him. I don't know why RGN got randomized to himself, but it had nothing to do with my ability and probably not Imic because 1. I targeted him just fine and 2. My action removed him from the game for the night.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 16, 2018, 03:17:40 pm »

I claim detective. Maximum Spin, you're a filthy cultist:

You creep over to Maximum Spin's house.

They flash blue, then purple. Well, that's interesting, and is giving you a bloody headache.

You learn that Maximum Spin is third party, and cult.

Tawarochir: Sup with your insight on BHK.
Actually WHAT THE HECK WAS ALL THAT ON BHK?! I go to sleep, I wake up (IRL), and then boom, from Maximum Spin into BHK @_@
I explained my logic. I figured that a lie detector would be too useful to the town to give up, but the fact that the shifty guy who had posted three times bandwagoned on Max told me that if BHK was scum, Max was fine.

Unfortunately, it turned out that BHK wasn't scum, and as my detective power has told me, Max is scum and probably Imic's recruiter.
I guess I was right when I suspected that Max was the cultist.
Macimum Spin. We should have lynched him yesterday.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 16, 2018, 03:19:13 pm »

Pfp

I kidnapped Imic last night, blocking him and preventing others from acting upon him. I was worried about cult influences which is why I picked him. I don't know why RGN got randomized to himself, but it had nothing to do with my ability and probably not Imic because 1. I targeted him just fine and 2. My action removed him from the game for the night.
Maybe since he was out of the game I had to visit someone else, but ended randomly visiting me?
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 16, 2018, 03:21:53 pm »

Pfp

Thanks, although I didn't get to use my role detection thingumajig.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 16, 2018, 04:20:35 pm »

I'm not a cultist. However, I did know that I would alignment-inspect as cult. :(

I already told you what my role is once, very explicitly.
You can be a lie detector and a cultist, you know. And I don't buy the align-inspect as cult. You were involved in this business yesterday! You could have told us then!
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 16, 2018, 04:33:26 pm »

You can be a lie detector and a cultist, you know. And I don't buy the align-inspect as cult. You were involved in this business yesterday! You could have told us then!
Need-to-know basis! I was just trying to play my role straight, okay.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 16, 2018, 06:26:41 pm »

Maximum Spin: I knew it. I just knew it.

Imic: Is there any reason to believe that you're not the cult leader?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 16, 2018, 06:42:28 pm »

I forgot to bold my vote.
Maximum Spin

Also going to put my trope vote on Time Master because I love time shenanigans.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 16, 2018, 07:31:04 pm »

juicebox and randomgenericusername: why did both of you guys immediately follow my lead? I mean, I'm glad that people believe me, but I must admit it seems kind of strange both of you bandwagoned without asking any questions.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 16, 2018, 09:16:56 pm »

juicebox and randomgenericusername: why did both of you guys immediately follow my lead? I mean, I'm glad that people believe me, but I must admit it seems kind of strange both of you bandwagoned without asking any questions.
I still have the same reasons from before + your report, which only confirms my reasons. I would probably still have voted for him, report or no report. I did keep my vote on him from most of day 1 and only changed it to secure the lynch (which was a mistake, but it was still better to a tie).

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 16, 2018, 09:47:38 pm »

I'm not a cultist. However, I did know that I would alignment-inspect as cult. :(

I already told you what my role is once, very explicitly.
You never mentioned this? :V Or am I forgetting?
PFP reading up

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 16, 2018, 09:57:47 pm »

Tawarochir: Sup with your insight on BHK.
Actually WHAT THE HECK WAS ALL THAT ON BHK?! I go to sleep, I wake up (IRL), and then boom, from Maximum Spin into BHK @_@
I explained my logic. I figured that a lie detector would be too useful to the town to give up, but the fact that the shifty guy who had posted three times bandwagoned on Max told me that if BHK was scum, Max was fine.

Unfortunately, it turned out that BHK wasn't scum, and as my detective power has told me, Max is scum and probably Imic's recruiter.
Huh, okay? BHK suggested you as someone of significance to me though. Although his purpose was...seemingly personal instead, rather than anything mechanical. >_>

Pfp

You strangely misspelled 'jail' :P (ok how does 'kidnap' differ from the Jailer role/ability?)
Because that was my first impression until I re-read you wrote kidnap.

Which is my flavor in N0. :B
Or at least, how the flavor goes, in being kidnapped...

Well at least I'm verifying you out here and Imic! :vc
Also confirming (at least by what I did N1, no NQT it's not what you know :v) that you didn't randomize because I visited my target without being randomized.

I guess I was right when I suspected that Max was the cultist.
Macimum Spin. We should have lynched him yesterday.
MUCH LIKE MY MANY QUERIES, THIS ONE GOES UNANSWERED.

(Everyone, especially those who SHIFT VOTED) WHY THE HECK DID PEOPLE JUMP ONTO BHK?!

Pfp

Maybe since he was out of the game I had to visit someone else, but ended randomly visiting me?
This isn't how the mechanic works in any game. :P Even if the player is absent, but the player slot is open for replacement or not-being-killed-by-the-GM, any targets targeting this player/slot will target that and anything else is an external influence in game.

Need-to-know basis! I was just trying to play my role straight, okay.
You could do the same by claiming though :-\ People who are millers, do that. But scum can do that too--but usually the earlier you claim, the better, because contextually, that gives a lot of time for people who have powers to do stuff with it for verification and, as an implication, forwards your wincondition rather than allowing it to be silent and then letting the daygame heat or suspicion be the one to bias targets (or otherwise, like random targeting or targeting on a whim) to hit you.

Query: Would you have claimed that align-inspect later on even if not caught in the act? Why?

I forgot to bold my vote.
Maximum Spin

Also going to put my trope vote on Time Master because I love time shenanigans.
Yo, I just discovered, for my Hilarity Ensues. It is a FAKE action for me (meaning whoever receives the spud will not be affected by its power, and perhaps its 'this statement is false' statement is only meant for me because it has the 'fake' label on it appended, much like merchandise and 'this side fragile' boxes), and it is only a free action for the receiver but not for me.

I'm going to use it as a tool for later on in better days because I don't think people know what it is. :B

...Why ain't people voting Boring but Practical?
Everyone: Thoughts or votes on the tropes as of now?

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 16, 2018, 10:11:47 pm »

Pfp again

I said kidnap because that's part of the flavor in my pm last night. I tied him up and dumped him in the woods before dumping him back home. More like kidnapping than jailing. But it is essentially a jail power, but I'm "removing him from the game" which may or may not hold significance. I don't know yet.

Correct me if my tired mind is wrong, but are you saying that you think I targeted you N0? Because I didn't. If you were kidnapped, it wasn't me.

As for voting BHK last minute, I was intending to vote for him to break the tie when I was ninja'd by NQT who broke the tie. Instead of tossing my post away, I posted it anyway with the goal of furthering the gap between the tie to ensure a lynch. I did not expect 2(?) more people to bandwagon after me.

As for tropes, I really wanna vote for the one I submitted just to see what happens, but I'll ponder them a bit more before caring on one I think.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 16, 2018, 10:49:29 pm »

Because I already suspected that Maximum Spin was a cultist, and your confirmation was really all I needed to vote him. You don't appear to be fakeclaiming, so I think it's a safe bet to go ahead and lynch him.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #284 on: January 16, 2018, 10:56:51 pm »

This is my first BYOR game. Expect hard failure.
So what the hell is going on
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 48