Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 48

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 3: GAME OVER(about time, too).  (Read 75368 times)

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
  • Still wondering why orang man and meme man feud.
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 3(10/11): Day 2: Two Dead, Ten Living, One Replaced
« Reply #285 on: January 16, 2018, 10:57:53 pm »

My Hilarity Ensues is a day action that gives something. Did everyone get a day action?
Kinda, it's on auto, and mine actually sucks, especally for my role; all action require a cycle to take effect (eg. a night ability used on n3 not actually happening until n4, or day ability d2 not happening until d3, ect.)
Damnit tropes, why you have to dick me over? I help people, ffs! :reeeeeeeeeee:
Urist McZombie, werecarp, has taken form! A giant carp twisted into a humanoid form. Its eyes glow blue. Its fins are purple. Now you will know to fear the night.
"Problems with playing in evil biomes"

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
« Reply #286 on: January 16, 2018, 10:59:41 pm »

EBWOP: Also, hey I was right, Maximum Spin, for sus yesterday and cult detect today.
I'll Shiny Yellow Rocks, maybe it'll counteract my detrimental trope ability.
Urist McZombie, werecarp, has taken form! A giant carp twisted into a humanoid form. Its eyes glow blue. Its fins are purple. Now you will know to fear the night.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #287 on: January 16, 2018, 11:03:00 pm »

My Hilarity Ensues sucks. A lot. Glad it's a one shot.
Back to skimming.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 16, 2018, 11:49:49 pm »

Do people put in mind this game runs on hammers?
Because it's the SAME PEOPLE WHO HAMMERED or are annoyingly pushing it close instead of letting the day be open for discussion. Unvote by the way.

10 people.
6 to hammer I bet.
1 on Max; 2 on Max; 3 on Max (RGU bolded his); 4 on Max

Like seriously guys. We have a bloody DAY.
FoU can you put this information in public please?

NQT: I just noticed something upon realization and noticing the votecount. :v Thanks for the silly boop. :B (dat injoke dough, I'm blaming this silliness on you, RGU)
Worthless Yellow Rocks, ho!

EBWOP: Also, hey I was right, Maximum Spin, for sus yesterday and cult detect today.
I'll Shiny Yellow Rocks, maybe it'll counteract my detrimental trope ability.
Are you aiming to hammer him? or is he a big target that you flinched and voted right out?

juicebox and randomgenericusername: why did both of you guys immediately follow my lead? I mean, I'm glad that people believe me, but I must admit it seems kind of strange both of you bandwagoned without asking any questions.

Because I already suspected that Maximum Spin was a cultist, and your confirmation was really all I needed to vote him. You don't appear to be fakeclaiming, so I think it's a safe bet to go ahead and lynch him.
OTHER than him, who else do YOU suspect?
You and a few others have been pretty tunnel-y at present I'm noting. Tunnel-y in the sense that it seems there's only follow up to earlier reads. I'm wondering if, regarding the cultist case--there's any notice or mention or CONNECTION of what's being said NOW to what's being said BEFORE.
Like Max being the one to FOLLOW UP AND CONFIRM Imic's note of Cultist'yness. Does that not strike you as strange?

Tawarochir: Thoughts?
Deez votes be piling up like touching a hot oven; REACTIONARY FLINCHING.

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
« Reply #289 on: January 17, 2018, 12:20:38 am »

Quote from: Tirun
Are you aiming to hammer him? or is he a big target that you flinched and voted right out?
Oh shit, there's already 4 votes. I flinched (I guess you could call it that) voted, after the callout and what I read as a cultist confirm for the man himself. I'll Unvote myself. Day's end I'll revote.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 17, 2018, 12:29:19 am »

Tawarochir: Sup with your insight on BHK.
Actually WHAT THE HECK WAS ALL THAT ON BHK?! I go to sleep, I wake up (IRL), and then boom, from Maximum Spin into BHK @_@
I explained my logic. I figured that a lie detector would be too useful to the town to give up, but the fact that the shifty guy who had posted three times bandwagoned on Max told me that if BHK was scum, Max was fine.

Unfortunately, it turned out that BHK wasn't scum, and as my detective power has told me, Max is scum and probably Imic's recruiter.
So out of all 'shifty guys', you picked the guy who voted with conviction in his singular posts, was already consistently claiming to have hammered (but then FoU got sick so :V), and saw BHK's actions as 'bandwagoning'.

...Did you think about his activity streak in between then and now? And what about the rest of everyone else in between shifting your vote from Max to others, alongside WHY claim Detective (...Cop?)?

Quote from: Tirun
Oh shit, there's already 4 votes. I flinched (I guess you could call it that) voted, after the callout and what I read as a cultist confirm for the man himself. I'll Unvote myself. Day's end I'll revote.
Uhh, 'confirm for the man'? ._.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 17, 2018, 01:43:54 am »

I am not a cult leader. Why would I mention that one existed, and that I was contected by it, and asked if I wanted to join, if I was the leader? It'd be stupid.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 17, 2018, 01:56:06 am »

I am not a cult leader. Why would I mention that one existed, and that I was contected by it, and asked if I wanted to join, if I was the leader? It'd be stupid.
Yes I mean Max confirmed it. It'd be weird, at least for me, and extremely risky, for a cultist or cult leader to out and confirm someone else on what sounds like wholly unconventional abilities. :P

At least, that's how it sounds to me. I have no recollection of what a Lie Detector or something, does.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 17, 2018, 02:01:01 am »

juicebox and randomgenericusername: why did both of you guys immediately follow my lead? I mean, I'm glad that people believe me, but I must admit it seems kind of strange both of you bandwagoned without asking any questions.

Because I already suspected that Maximum Spin was a cultist, and your confirmation was really all I needed to vote him. You don't appear to be fakeclaiming, so I think it's a safe bet to go ahead and lynch him.

Besides Maximum Spin, I find Imic suspicious, because he's also mixed up in this cultist business. I'm also suspicious of RGU, who has hopped on the bandwagon two days in a row now.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 17, 2018, 02:07:13 am »

Tiruin
Correct me if my tired mind is wrong, but are you saying that you think I targeted you N0? Because I didn't. If you were kidnapped, it wasn't me.

Apologies for not bolding your name to highlight importance, but i require clarification on this.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
« Reply #295 on: January 17, 2018, 02:52:42 am »

Quote from: Tiru
Uhh, 'confirm for the man'? ._.
PFP'd, must not've checked my spelling. The line was supposed to be "from the man himself."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 17, 2018, 03:47:38 am »

Tiruin
Correct me if my tired mind is wrong, but are you saying that you think I targeted you N0? Because I didn't. If you were kidnapped, it wasn't me.

Apologies for not bolding your name to highlight importance, but i require clarification on this.
Ahh, nope >_> I understand that it isn't you then. I mean I thought so, because the roleblock was flavored as a kidnapping (chloroform stuff).

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 17, 2018, 05:44:50 am »

Boring but Practical

(Maybe, on second thoughts, less shenanigans might be clearer for town.)

Maximum Spin, if your inspect comes up as cultist, then why didn't you claim that before, as is the norm for millers? If you're not a cultist (seems unlikely given Tawa's inspection) then you might as well fullclaim, as it's almost certain you're hanging today.

Queen Tiruin,
...Why ain't people voting Boring but Practical?
Everyone: Thoughts or votes on the tropes as of now?
I think Boring is probably the way to go.

MoonyTheHuman, why did you choose to kill me last night? Think before you try and deny it.

RGU, I might have missed it, but how did you know you'd been redirected to yourself?

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 17, 2018, 06:11:51 am »

Boring but practical
I think that it makes sense to take this one up.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 17, 2018, 09:10:46 am »

I was aleep and apparently missed a bunch of stuff. pfp and tired.

Everyone, especially those who SHIFT VOTED) WHY THE HECK DID PEOPLE JUMP ONTO BHK?!
I just did because the votes on Maximum Spin and BHK had similar numbers and I was worried that a tie could happen. Since everyone was already going to vote BHK, I took my vote off Maximum to avoid the tie and have the lynch. As I have said before, it's way better to lynch, get information from the flips and from who voted and who didn't instead of just abstaining and giving mafia a free night to kill. The lynch is the main weapon of town and it's better to have a chance to kill a mafia than no chance at all.

RGU, I might have missed it, but how did you know you'd been redirected to yourself?
I got a PM with the results of my night action and it said something like: "You were randomized to yourself". Then I learned that I visited myself.  ::)

Re: tunneling and bandwagoning: I was going to vote before the others yesterday, but when I was going to post I got the warning of new posts, so I ended just editing and still posting the vote. I didn't coung the votes and still thought we were near tie, which made me worried.

Also, I trust the investigator claim because mafia wouldn't do that. If Max is lynched and he doesn't flip cult, we will instantly know who to lynch next. Mafia wouldn't risk one of their members to take a single town member.
I mean, was anyone not suspicious of him?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 48