Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: COLOSSEUM 12  (Read 4301 times)

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: COLOSSEUM 12
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2017, 01:16:33 am »

Taka-taka-taka-taka-taka-tak. Panels across Beefeater Prime's body open up, every single piece of armor now pulled aside to reveal the gleaming tips of hundreds of micromissiles. Before Tempomaster can take advantage of the exposed Beefeater Prime, a voice comes in over the stadium intercom, "Who thinks it time to clean this clock's clock?" As the audience cheers, the missiles come pouring out, filling the entirety of Colosseum 12 with wave after wave after wave of explosions.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2017, 01:36:20 am »

"B-Bakana! How could have withstood my final blow?!" Tempomaster scrambles to fire its other arm's weapon! "Die!"
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Hero Saga Setup: 97%. Other stuff Paused.
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2017, 09:37:02 am »

TURN 4

Quote from: 02
  • CEASLESS ASSAULT.
  • MISSILE OVERLOAD 6 HITS! 6 DAMAGE. BLOCKED BY STANDARD LASER.
    Spoiler: ... (click to show/hide)

#01 TEMPOMASTER
//////////////14 DAMAGE
   | 3| DESTROYED CARD(S)
   | 4| DISCARDED CARD(S)
   | 4| HELD CARD(S)
  | 9|| DECK CARD(S)

#02 BEEFEATER PRIME
////////////12 DAMAGE
   | 3| DESTROYED CARD(S)
  | 5|| DISCARDED CARD(S)
   | 2| HELD CARD(S)
 |10||| DECK CARD(S)
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2017, 09:52:22 am »

"Impossible!" shouts Tempomaster, blowing up. "Faster, faster than even I... That... is... impossible!!!"

KERBOOOOOOOMMMmmmmm
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2017, 10:10:21 am »

Any changes you want to critique/request?
Awesome With Autism

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2017, 10:49:08 am »

I have to trade you Missile Overload, because Rending Blade is actually broken and does not work properly, and I ran the math and Ceasless Assault goes far, far beyond what I meant it to do. The way I used it here had a 75% chance to destroying your mech, the equivalent of dealing 32 damage, already quite extreme. If you had been at 10 damage instead of 8, though, that jumps to a 91% chance to destroy your mech, or 111 damage. At priority 6 and perfectly accurate. Yeesh. To be fair, your Rapid Fire does the same thing with enough luck, but not to this extreme. You max out at Rapid Fire into x2 Dino-Destroying Dive, but even with the luck to have those be your next two cards, you still only have a one in four chance of hitting with both, so starting at 10 damage you do on average the equivalent of an 8 damage perfect accuracy attack, or at maximum the equivalent of a 30 damage attack.

Multiple hits per turn should be illegal from now on, although not neccesarily banned outright. Here's a way to test this stuff if you want it, roseheart. http://anydice.com/program/dedb The current configuration is modeling two 5 damage attacks with accuracy 3 (i.e. Rapid Fire into double Dino-Destroying Dive) hitting a mech at 10 damage.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2017, 10:54:29 am »

You seem to be forgetting "deals only one point of unpreventable damage per hit". Notice they had gained 6 damage, total.
Awesome With Autism

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2017, 10:58:48 am »

i'm glad you put a lot of meaningful thought into this because honestly i'm just happy to be blown up and be part of an anime
carrot cakeu

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: BEEFEATER PRIME VS TEMPOMASTER "Stop! Dino-Time!" "Where's the BEEF!?"
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2017, 11:05:44 am »

I am totally imagining it's like a Yu-Gi-Oh battle except for instead of watching from the sidelines the kids / players are inside the mechs and they are punching the cards into the mech's control panel :)

i'm glad you put a lot of meaningful thought into this because honestly i'm just happy to be blown up and be part of an anime

I had started to draw a manga but it never went anywhere. Mostly in favor of expediency.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

How about the turn phases, anything you would change there?

If you're pretty confident you're going to play the card that's going to make you win I can see how you may feel motivated to wait until your opponent goes first. Is that true, did you feel that way and, is there someway I should help to facilitate that?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 11:08:15 am by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2017, 11:15:03 am »

I diiiiiiiid
carrot cakeu

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2017, 11:16:45 am »

thot so.
Awesome With Autism

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2017, 11:30:22 am »

I assumed you were doing a separate damage roll for each hit. Sure, if you survive it goes back to six damage, but on the turn you get hit it would have been ridiculously strong. Multiple damage rolls was sort of the whole point of Ceasless Assault... Oh well, one out of three cards working as intended was enough to win me the game, I can't complain too much.

I like the use of Beefeater Prime's head as a helmet on my protagonist.

What's my loan card, Sl4cker?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2017, 11:37:59 am »

You intended it to have 6 damage that converts to 1 x 6?

I just had it do 6 1 damage attacks..

I had been/am(?) playing with the idea of using toy mechs(specifically ones with ball joints and interchangeable parts). I got a bag of goodies with such pieces at a thrift store, but less of them were usable than I expected I can't even make one robot.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 12:31:12 pm by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2017, 12:56:01 pm »

I'm not sure I'm communicating this right. I thought I would have five chances to kill Tempomaster on my last turn. First attack hits, 9 total damage done, cumulative 0% chance Tempomaster is dead. Second attack hits, 10 total damage done, roll 1 in 10 chance tempomaster dies cumulative 10% chance Tempomaster is dead. Third attack hits, 11 total damage done, roll 2 in 11 chance Tempomaster dies, cumulative 26.36% chance Tempomaster is dead. Fourth attack hits, 12 total damage done, roll 3 in 12 chance Tempomaster dies, cumulative 44.77% chance Tempomaster is dead. Fifth attack hits, 13 total damage, roll 4 in 13 chance Tempomaster dies, cumulative 61.77% chance Tempomaster is dead. Sixth attack hits, total damage taken is 14, roll 5 in 14 chance Tempomaster dies, cumulative 75.42% chance Tempomaster is dead

The equivalent of a 75% chance to kill Tempomaster is a 30 out of 40 roll, or starting from 8 damage a single 32 damage attack. Even if most of the equivalent damage is "healed" at the end of the turn, that's still far too powerful. If you only rolled to see if Tempomaster died once, then my card did not work as intended, but I won't use that effect again, so it doesn't matter too much.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2017, 12:57:46 pm »

I'm not sure I'm communicating this right. I thought I would have five chances to kill Tempomaster on my last turn.

It did. He died on the second, when I rolled a 11 of 11(ouch!)

I'm sorry E I'm sharing this.

However, I would say Riposte would have likely defeated you. ;)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 01:07:21 pm by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5