Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: i Reported Meph's Patreon.  (Read 15434 times)

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: i Reported Meph's Patreon.
« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2017, 08:26:18 pm »

Its too bad this was abandoned. Especially if people donated for his work. Sounds like Amostubal is making something really good though.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2017, 06:36:22 pm »

I haven't read the entire thread yet, just two things quickly:

1. Full post about my absence here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=168587.0
2. All donated money is still on Patreon, I never spend any of it. Anyone who donated anything and wants it back, please PM me and I'll send it back.

I've also never gotten a message from Patreon about being reported. (?)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2017, 06:40:16 pm »

But if his Patreon goes down... I wouldn't be surprised if he returns soon after.
tbh I think that if meph came back he would probably be crucified by the community, or at least the most hatted modder on the forums.

I disagree, he has done amazing work and I happily supported him for a long time. I'd be thrilled to have him back, I'm just not pleased with the fact that he didn't pause the patreon while away

Mh... No one is more curious about that than me. I didn't dare to open Bay12 or Patreon for what expected me, which is the main reason for the prolonged pause. I fucked up and fully expected to be crucified for it, rightfully so.

Edit: I now read everything here. For clarity: I have not gotten any message by Tarn Adams not anyone else requesting that the forum should be deleted/moved. I have gotten 12 messages in the last 12 months, 9 of which are about my tileset or requests from people I worked with, 2 thank-you messages and 1 heartfelt message from a person with Asbergers who felt inspired by my bike rides. Which is kinda heart-breaking, because it's 9 months old and I feel like an extra ass for not answering it in time.

fueling his Gwent addiction if he wants.
This is a fine choice of words. I did get addicted to an online multiplayer game, wasting just over 1000h on that crap. I have no idea how that happened, but I think anti-gambling laws are right about EAs lootbox issue. I think Gwent kegs aren't any better.

To ZM5 and whoever else thinks that MasterworkDF is 10% my work and mostly other mods: I started modding my own mod, it became popular, players and modders both requested to have their content added. I then started asking other modders, most of which wanted their content as an optional part in the mod pack. At some point years ago there was more third-party content in it than mine, but, and this is a really important, upper-case BUT!: The vast majority of mod content has been written by me. Yes, there are a lot of mods by other people in MasterworkDF, but I have single-handily written more content than all other additions combined, mostly because I worked 5 years on it, across 3 major DF versions.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 07:29:22 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 08, 2017, 08:30:56 pm »

Hey, welcome back.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2017, 08:36:56 pm »

Welcome back man! Glad you decided to return.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]