Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari CT IC - Contingency Measures  (Read 7223 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Tengoku no Owari CT IC - Contingency Measures
« Reply #90 on: March 17, 2018, 05:08:24 am »

Immanuel's phone began ringing, almost immediately after the clamor of their foes being slammed into the hangar doors died down.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IntSys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 17, 2018, 06:58:15 am »

Spoiler: Level Up (click to show/hide)

"... Good job, team! A wonderful success!" Marina declared. "And now, we treat the wounded!... Miss whatsyournameagain? You could use some of this." She finally got to use the healing wand her uncle gave her. As it had turned out, she was anything but a healbot. One could say she got a bit greedy there with all the offensive moves she had pushed out. She smiled with glee at the thought, before she tilted the wand at the apparent film connoisseur, pouring restorative energy into her wounds.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 06:30:33 pm by IntSys »

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 17, 2018, 10:44:53 am »

Immanuel's phone began ringing, almost immediately after the clamor of their foes being slammed into the hangar doors died down.
Spoiler: Level Up (click to show/hide)

Figuring that it would be wise to not comment on how Sasha's was a hairsbreadth away from turning him into an exploded can of chunky salsa until she was at least back inside of the plane. Immanuel slowly tried his best to fish out his almost miraculously intact phone (he would have to look into enchanting it for durability or obtaining some form of magical communicative device...or both) from the pocket that is conveniently located somewhere underneath his plate armor, and he gently removed his left gauntlet to answer the phone before he tried his best to slide it inside of his helmet without breaking anything. He had a slightly annoyed tone on his voice when he rather quietly said "I am sort of in the middle of something right now, who is this?".
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 03:40:25 am by cronos5010 »
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #93 on: March 17, 2018, 01:34:10 pm »

A familiar voice seemed to cut through the noise despite the distortion of the phone, and the fact that the woman on the other end was speaking at a perfectly normal tone. (Her voice was actually rather soft, all things considered, only adding to the strangeness of the effect.) "Oh, I just wanted to thank you and Sasha for your help. Tor's death here would have been. . . inconvenient. The samples you left behind were excellent as well."

If Immanuel were to glance at the hangar door, he might notice something. Or, rather, a lack of something; one of the exoskeletons and its associated contents had seemingly vanished into thin air.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 18, 2018, 02:13:09 am »

A familiar voice seemed to cut through the noise despite the distortion of the phone, and the fact that the woman on the other end was speaking at a perfectly normal tone. (Her voice was actually rather soft, all things considered, only adding to the strangeness of the effect.) "Oh, I just wanted to thank you and Sasha for your help. Tor's death here would have been. . . inconvenient. The samples you left behind were excellent as well."

If Immanuel were to glance at the hangar door, he might notice something. Or, rather, a lack of something; one of the exoskeletons and its associated contents had seemingly vanished into thin air.
"Well I must admit that it was glad to be of service; even though the person we were supposed to protect didn't seem as if they needed our help that much." He noticed that one of the remains of the people they fought earlier were gone as he turned around slightly to stare at whatever was left of the plane's tail, "Although I hope that fighting unliving assassins in the middle of a cramped cockpit won't be a regular occurence, especially if we have to pay for the repairs after all is said and done."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2018, 10:01:54 pm »

"Don't fret about that, I can ensure that it will be taken care of. Ideally, any future altercations will take place in less. . . volatile environments. These likely won't be the last foes you face; there are more than just these so-called "emperors" in search of those cards.

Oh, and do beware of strange birds. They can be ever so irritating."
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 10:05:01 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari (Again) IC
« Reply #96 on: March 23, 2018, 04:11:52 am »

Chapter 1 - Chaos

Touchdown, well, something like it. Flight 007 wasn't exactly in much a condition to land so it just gets unceremoniously dumped just out of the way. Clean-up will be a bitch, but that's not your problem, your problems are currently sprawled out in the grass tangled amidst a pile of debris that was once the tail of your plane. The evacuation was orderly, flight staff helping passengers off under the watchful eye of the responding team. There's two of them, a man with a hunting rifle, and what appears to be an office lady.

Sasha, you recognize the man as Aaron Pierce. He's currently talking to thin air, likely an AI. He waves towards you and Tor.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 03:25:25 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 23, 2018, 08:04:03 am »

After the plane had landed, and much after he heard his apparent contact inexplicably segue into telling him to be wary of strange birds; Immanuel confidently walked outside of the large hole that used to be the tail of the plane inside of his suit of armor he quickly spotted a slightly threatening looking man with a hunting rifle talking to what was probably an AI and a woman who is almost suspiciously normal looking helping out with the evacuations. He then decided to turn around and walked back inside of the plane and leave through the emergency exit located near the wings outside of his armor instead, as he just...didn't want to deal with this right now thank you. He then straightened out his suit a little before he sends a text to Marina that said , "I'll meet you near the nose of the plane."
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 09:04:27 am by cronos5010 »

Zetaark

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a local librarian dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 23, 2018, 10:05:22 am »

Dusting herself off a bit after her earlier stunt, Sasha looks to the massive hole in the tail of the plane, briefly wondering if she'd get called in to repair that later. Probably not, since she didn't do plane repairs that often, but stranger things happened. As she disembarked, she spotted a familiar face waving to her.

"What brings you over here Aaron? If this is about car repairs, its probably better to just leave a message you know?" she jokes, figuring that he probably didn't come all this way to ask for repairs. "So, what will it be?"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 23, 2018, 04:25:25 pm »

Sasha
"Well I just so happened to be in the neighborhood..." He grins before glancing over at the construct-turned-art-installation "This is about Tor isn't it? Assassination attempt? Duel that his foe started losing? How'd you end up on the plane? You weren't sneaking off on a surprise vacation were you now?"

Immanuel
The lady glances quizzically and rather anxiously at you, lightly tugging on Aaron's sleeve though not saying anything.

Zetaark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 23, 2018, 04:37:14 pm »

"If I wanted a vacation, I'd go drive around a bit until I was satisfied. Nah, I got called in to deal with the assassination attempt for whatever reason. Good news, Tor is fine, bad news, plane not so much," she replies sheepishly, rubbing her head just a bit. "The guys sent in to do the job were honestly pretty garbage at it, duels or otherwise, but it seems that those exoskeleton things they had on were definitely made for combat. Though maybe too well, since the guys inside probably died long before the suits got disabled," she replies with a stern face, recalling the sight of the caller she was facing and how the blood just dripped from his arm.

"So what about you then? Are you an acquaintance of Tor, or were you called in to deal with the aftermath?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 23, 2018, 06:18:34 pm »

Sasha
"Funny, I was going to ask you the same questions, but nah, clean up, turns out you can't have a gunfight aboard a plane without drawing a bit of attention. Thought it was a hijacking or something, so we were gonna out Hanako here" He nods at the office lady who seems to almost flinch the attention "through her paces, but well, next thing you know we get reports of a decomp and that little ship suddenly appeared. You planning on having a look at that exo? Or should I pass it over to one of the Foundry guys and phone you back with the results?"

Zetaark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 23, 2018, 06:50:10 pm »

"Yeah, things got a bit...messy up there for a while," Sasha responds, not bothering to mention that she was involved with the hole in the tail in the plane or the reason for it. She then took her attention to the woman next to Aaron. "So then, Hanako's one of the newbies you're training?" she asks before discussing the exoskeleton. "As for the exoskeleton, I might want to have a look through it. Mainly to figure out what the heck makes that thing do what it does. Though if you want, I can send it over to them once I'm done so they can do their own investigations. How does that sound?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 23, 2018, 07:01:24 pm »

Sasha
"Yeah, Awakened only a few days ago. And sure that works, do you want us to gift wrap it for you or anything? Get rid of the body first. Or are you fine with doing that yourself."

Zetaark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 23, 2018, 07:04:19 pm »

"As much as I don't want to take the time to clean out the thing myself, it would probably be better for me to see how that thing even fits in with the body. So just send the thing to me as is," Sasha replies. For once her two primary professions get to see some use, even if the situation is a bit strange.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9