Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Picking fruit vs gathering fallen fruit  (Read 4154 times)

Manzeenan

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOWLEARNER]
    • View Profile
Picking fruit vs gathering fallen fruit
« on: December 08, 2017, 01:33:07 pm »

Okay so does anyone know if there is any difference in fruit picking vs gathering it once it falls aside from the obvious like you need a stepladder and such. does yield change? do you miss out on fruit? or is it just safer to gather without ladders?

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Picking fruit vs gathering fallen fruit
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 02:17:57 pm »

I think you can pick fruits on trees on certain seasons, while fallen fruits happen on another season. 

Stuck on trees should be fixed, so having step ladders should yield more.

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey the Fist!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 02:28:20 pm »

I just buy fruit form the elves.

Manzeenan

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOWLEARNER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 02:32:43 pm »

I think you can pick fruits on trees on certain seasons, while fallen fruits happen on another season. 

eh they still get stuck up there, havent gotten anyone to starving yet but it might not even be worth it to have dwarves up in trees in the first place

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 03:54:53 pm »

eh they still get stuck up there, havent gotten anyone to starving yet but it might not even be worth it to have dwarves up in trees in the first place
If they're not starving, they're not stuck. They're just spending a bit of time with their inner Elf.

So yeah, burn the stepladders...

(But seriously, if they are getting stuck, that needs to be reported, with a save, right away so another attempt at fixing the issue can be made).

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2017, 04:25:13 pm »

As far as I've seen fallen fruit and fruit in trees are two different buckets, so you'd get more if you empty both. Also, it seems stem only fruit won't fall to the ground (concerns bananas, dates (and other palms products), and papayas at least). Stem only fruit also have lousy yields.
Buying from elves is fine, but again, that might be a different bucket, i.e. the fruit available on the embark might not be the same set as that brought by the pointy ears.

Manzeenan

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOWLEARNER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2017, 05:31:02 pm »

As far as I've seen fallen fruit and fruit in trees are two different buckets, so you'd get more if you empty both. Also, it seems stem only fruit won't fall to the ground (concerns bananas, dates (and other palms products), and papayas at least). Stem only fruit also have lousy yields.
Buying from elves is fine, but again, that might be a different bucket, i.e. the fruit available on the embark might not be the same set as that brought by the pointy ears.
Exact answer i was looking for thank you