Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: A long, regretful year has passed.  (Read 22220 times)

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: A long, regretful year has passed.
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2018, 08:56:31 pm »

Good to hear you're alive and feeling better- welcome back! I appreciate and respect the courage it must have taken to write that up- it's so easy to just isolate yourself from everyone rather than face what you have (or haven't) done.

I've been there, so I will say this: things may suck for a bit. Your rep may take a hit. Just keep trying, keep going, and things will get better eventually. It won't be easy- I'm suffering a low point at the moment- but I've come a long way, and you will too.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Dave Nicksen

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2018, 09:29:02 pm »

Hey, Meph!

Don't be hard on yourself. Depression is a bitch.
Thanks for coming back alive and kicking. Well, at least alive  ;)

You know, we are the community that is used to yearly updates, so I doubt anyone would mind if you continue your work after such a short pause :D

I'm sure that in a year or so I'll be taken by a fey mood. So I'll come for the latest release of DF, then I'll go to this subforum... and my kinda nightmare is not to find a MDF version!

Take a break, get some desire for DF and come back as the modder that has the only mod subsection in the entire forum.

Good luck, Sir!

cAPSLOCK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2018, 12:11:24 pm »

Glad you're back, man. I didn't donate anything so it didn't bother me that you left. Glad you're back! :)
The flying -Wooden Bolt- strikes the Steel Clad Adventurer in the right foot, tearing the muscle and chipping the bone!

The Steel Clad Adventurer gives into pain.

The cAPSLOCK has become enraged!

bzro

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2018, 04:26:28 pm »

Ah, glad to see you're back Meph! I'm not upset at all, just glad that you're okay.

Lokked

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2018, 09:48:57 pm »

Feel no shame, sir. Your experiences add to your character, and I hope you'll harness these moments to strive to find the good moments of your future experiences.

Take my Patreon Donations. I, nor anyone I'm betting, signed up for it with an expectation.

I signed up for it to say Thank You for all the joy, wonder, challenge, creativity and memories that Masterwork DF elicits while I play.

Lokked

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2018, 06:21:44 am »

Personally, it was not going to be pitchforks, I just ended up checking less and less often if you had come back, being a bit disappointed that my once favourite mod was still not quite up to the recent-ish version of DF.
I ended up playing other games and only coming back to check when I felt "why not a bit of masterwork DF?", looking at what the people had been doing to patch things up and ultimately deciding against playing.

That said, I'm glad that your leave was not definitive, and the proposal to refund the patreons supporters that desire it shows that it was not an attempt at running away with the money anyway.

I wish you the best, take your time, and if at some point you come back to masterwork, know that there will be many people still here for it, because that's how good what you and the others made is, on top of an already good game.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2018, 08:51:26 am »

Wellcome back Meph.

I hope you'll restart to love creating worlds like we all love to explore them.

Thank you so much for what you did, up to now.

:-*

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2018, 07:24:21 pm »

It's been about two years since I've posted here.  First thing I did was come see where MW was at.  Sorry to hear what you went through and glad you are starting to find a way forward.  I went a bit off the ledge in my late twenties.  All that really matters is getting yourself good.  If working on this helps that, awesome!

I'll second other comments about seeking professional help.  Sometimes having someone else get you to confront things you know but won't come out and address makes a world of difference in preventing relapse into mistakes you know you are making, with regards to mental health issues.

Best of luck!

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2018, 07:35:42 pm »

It's just one of those things, I guess.

Really brave to post this, though. I think I'd've just disappeared off the edge of the world instead.
Out of personal experience I can tell you that sadly, there is no such edge. I looked.

Thank you guys. I am being curious (terrified?) what I'll find in this thread when more people realize that I'm back.

HURRAH, MEPH IS BACK! :D
"Whatever exists, having somehow come into being, is again and again reinterpreted to new ends, taken over, transformed, and redirected by some power superior to it; all events in the organic world are a subduing, a becoming master, and all subduing and becoming master involves a fresh interpretation, an adaptation through which any previous 'meaning' and 'purpose' are necessarily obscured or obliterated."

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #69 on: July 09, 2018, 05:59:26 am »

Just wanted to show up here and let you guys know that I'm well, up and about. Been touring around, got new, big goals and looking back, cant believe how I easily wasted a year like that.

Thanks for all the kind messages.  :-)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

hypertelor

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 18, 2018, 10:25:41 pm »

[...] cant believe how I easily wasted a year like that.

Coming out of a nearly yearlong depressive spell, this is what sticks out the most. The endless "where did all that time go?" questions are slowly beating less loudly against the inside of my head, as I hope they are for you. Take care :)

Blackworth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2018, 05:00:39 pm »

We all missed you. We  love your mod. We wish you well and we want you to keep going! just please keep us in the loop!

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2018, 11:36:46 am »

Just wanted to show up here and let you guys know that I'm well, up and about. Been touring around, got new, big goals and looking back, cant believe how I easily wasted a year like that.

Thanks for all the kind messages.  :-)

Don't think of it as wasting a year.  Think of it as spending a year realizing what is important to you.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]