Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: A long, regretful year has passed.  (Read 22252 times)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: A long, regretful year has passed.
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2017, 07:35:56 am »

Welcome back aboard, I know it must have taken a lot of courage to write this and I'm glad you did. I'm sure it helped.

It is fine to stay away from MDF when things go wrong. It must be fun and not an obligation. Even with the Patreon, it's a donation not a contract.

MachinaMandala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2017, 07:53:54 am »

Even with the Patreon, it's a donation not a contract.

I don't think that's really appropriate. In reality, if you don't do the work during the time, you should refund it and shut it down.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2017, 08:06:08 am »

Even with the Patreon, it's a donation not a contract.

I don't think that's really appropriate. In reality, if you don't do the work during the time, you should refund it and shut it down.

Sometimes you put five euros you don't need and the thing does not happen, there is much much worse in life than this. I think the original post is pretty clear about what will happen with the Patreon.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 08:12:29 am by Boltgun »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2017, 10:05:52 am »

I'll certainly re-write it, and as I've said the entire donated money is still on Patreon and everyone who is unsatisfied just has to write me and I'll refund all donated money.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2017, 03:50:43 pm »

Glad you are back Meph.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2017, 11:50:59 pm »

Nothing to apologize for, Meph.  Life happens.  Many here are your friends; friends understand, and friends care.

Welcome back.  :)

leoniswulf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2017, 12:23:48 pm »

Welcome back Meph! It sucks that life kicked you a few times but I'm glad you're doing better now. I've played DF for a few years now but ever since I started playing MDF a while back I've wanted to start modding DF myself.  :)  Now, thanks to Amostubal's good work on keeping MDF from being useless for a year and seeing your willingness to mod even after life kicks you, Ive finally got the determination to actually sit down and learn to mod and actually do so once I get the hang of it. Anyways thanks for coming back Meph, you had some of us worried.

LordNippes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2017, 10:39:09 am »

I had a depression many years, found Jesus Christ and started reading the Bible. Doesn't cure everything magically but let's you know why everything is so shitty on this planet. Puts everything into perspective and let's you know what's really important.
It also shows you that you are part of the problem yourself but there is a way into something better in the end at least, reachable not by our own but very easily, by Faith in God and his doing on the Cross. Still too much for most people especially in our day and age and in Europe. I'm German/Austrian myself.
I can just recommend to you the short 7min video "The Bible Way to Heaven" by sanderson1611 on Youtube, it is the best synopsis of the basic biblical message i ever saw. Just my tip and maybe something to consider looking into next time when dark hours with stupid thoughts come up.

Philippians 4:4
Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2017, 11:38:16 am »

I had a depression many years, found Jesus Christ and started reading the Bible. Doesn't cure everything magically but let's you know why everything is so shitty on this planet. Puts everything into perspective and let's you know what's really important.
It also shows you that you are part of the problem yourself but there is a way into something better in the end at least, reachable not by our own but very easily, by Faith in God and his doing on the Cross. Still too much for most people especially in our day and age and in Europe. I'm German/Austrian myself.
I can just recommend to you the short 7min video "The Bible Way to Heaven" by sanderson1611 on Youtube, it is the best synopsis of the basic biblical message i ever saw. Just my tip and maybe something to consider looking into next time when dark hours with stupid thoughts come up.

Philippians 4:4
Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice
glad you found a healthy way to cope, but as you said religion isn't the cure for depression but it can help people. remember to go to therapy, get professional help, it's a good way to help deal with depression, but you need ways to cope so you can help your self out of therapy.
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2017, 01:31:06 am »

(toad: response to removed posts removed)

Welcome back Meph. Good to see you.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 04:22:26 am by Toady One »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2017, 07:27:57 am »

(toad: response to removed posts removed)

I tried to change my life, settle down in a sort-of reverse-midlife-crisis, it was a horrible idea that didn't work out and I got fat, lazy and unhappy. Normal life does not suit me. Then I analysed the situation I was in, noticed how and why that happened, and will leave behind that life of complacency and comfort to once again do things that I enjoy. Projects that challenge me and make more productive use of my time.

The reason that I haven't been here in so long was mostly shame, that I disappeared without a word and the running Patreon that I felt really bad about.

I'm still the enthusiastic, optimistic Meph from before, just minus the "reliable" adjective, that's something I'll have to earn back.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 04:22:15 am by Toady One »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2017, 08:13:04 am »

Just chill. This is a good community.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Dahrk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2017, 03:20:41 pm »

I'm a long time lurker 'round these parts, never posted before. I just wanted to say welcome back Meph and thanks for your significant contributions to the community over the years, not just for Masterwork!

kingu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2017, 04:11:59 am »

I just restored my forgotten password from like 2 years back just to log in and say Welcome Back!

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2017, 04:24:26 am »

(removed a religion fight derail, and an unnecessary personal attack; please try to remain within the guidelines)
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5