Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Does adventure mode suffer from FPS death?  (Read 2018 times)

Ryan7251

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Does adventure mode suffer from FPS death?
« on: December 08, 2017, 10:54:11 pm »

What i mean is i hear if a fort gets to big in fort mode the game becuses unplayble so what about adventure mode does this mode also have that kind of death?

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
Re: Does adventure mode suffer from FPS death?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 11:08:13 pm »

FPS Death in fortress mode happens over time as population increases, amount of items on the map increase, and more open space gets emptied out making pathfinding more difficult. These are all very slow, cumulative effects.

In adventurer mode, none of those things happen. There are still FPS problems though, if you enter a very high population density area like a large city, dwarf fortress, or dark fortress. I've never seen an elf site large enough to slow down the game significantly, but they probably can exist.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 03:19:25 am »

In adventurer mode, none of those things happen. There are still FPS problems though, if you enter a very high population density area like a large city, dwarf fortress, or dark fortress. I've never seen an elf site large enough to slow down the game significantly, but they probably can exist.

Was in one earlier today, in fact.

Xyon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 12:02:06 pm »

I know kinda off topic but this should probably be moved from the Modding section to the Adventure Mode section.

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pagan Desert Bitch (she/they)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 10:43:37 pm »

In a word, “YES”.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2017, 02:03:43 pm »

Yes mostly in large citys.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG