Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Lost City of Ancient Lore (SG)  (Read 884 times)

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
The Lost City of Ancient Lore (SG)
« on: December 09, 2017, 10:10:39 am »

The sound of the twin engines dies out as the landing gears touch down on the makeshift runway. You clutch your bag to your chest as the gunners rush from here to there grabbing ammo. You don't want your bag lost. It's important. They load the ammo and look to the skies. You were followed by a strange plane earlier, but now it appears to be gone.
   The crew door opens and in pops the head of the airfield's commanding officer. He looks you up and down before saying, in the most Scottish accent you think you've ever heard, "Oy, ther'! Who're ya s'pose' t' 'be?"
   You think for a moment.

What is your name?
   What is your race?
   What is your job/hobby?
   What's in the bag?
   How was the flight?

This will be updated whenever I have time to write an update.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 09:40:17 pm by Sosoku234 »
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Lost City of Ancient Lore (SG)
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 11:51:35 am »

What is your name? Robbrta monrore
   What is your race? Human (hispanic-scott)
   What is your job/hobby? Discreet solutions
   What's in the bag? A carved jade table andd a loaded .357 magnum.
   How was the flight? Bad, the foods got worse every time.

This will be updated whenever I have time to write an update.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 10:14:06 am »

What is your name? Andan Nakernaker!
What is your race? Weretiger! Er, forget I said that, human!
What is your job/hobby? Tourist!
What's in the bag? Flash camera, emergency medical kit, empty diary, three pens, solar cell for the camera, flare gun!
How was the flight? I... think I was asleep?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 09:06:53 pm »

Alright. So given that this hasn't gotten much in the way of playership, I'll wait until the day after tomorrow, then if there isn't any headway, I'll flip a coin to choose.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 04:47:11 pm »

What is your name? Andan Nakernaker!
What is your race? Weretiger! Er, forget I said that, human!
What is your job/hobby? Tourist!
What's in the bag? Flash camera, emergency medical kit, empty diary, three pens, solar cell for the camera, flare gun!
How was the flight? I... think I was asleep?
+1
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2017, 09:39:45 pm »

"Hi I'm Andan Nakermaker! Tourist extraordinaire!"
   "How'd ya' git on th' bird? Eh?"
"Wait, this isn't my flight to Alaska?"
   "No! You bloo'y imbecile! Tis be J'nar'k'tel! Ta furt'est thin' fr'm 'laska." He sighs, then says in a more friendly tone, "Well,
 nothin' t' do now, 'cept wai' fo' ta next flight. It'll be abou' two or so weeks, so ge' comfy, laddy."
He shakes his head as he leaves the plane, grumbling to himself.
   The gunners look back to where he left from. The closest, a waist gunner converses with you as he watches for what can only be assumed as the Germans. He has red hair, green eyes, and a nice Australian accent."Ya know, I nevah did see ya get on. M'names Joey. That," he gestures outside, "was Brigadier General Thomas. Anywho, off you trot. We've got work to do!"

You step out of the plane. Only now that you see the thing with it's doors open, you realize that it's in fact a bomber. On the far side of the airfield, South, is a steep cliff, leading to a horrid death. On the nearest side, North, is the control tower and operation center. Towards the East are snowy plains that appear to go on for infinity. To the west is the lodgings. The runway itself runs from the plains to the cliff at a sharp angle.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2017, 11:43:13 am »

Head down to the lodgings, put our bags down and find the bar we need to find the soruce of the roumors.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2017, 02:00:35 pm »

You trudge through the snow and ice slush on the runway headed towards the lodging area. It appears to be a huge barn gable roofed hangar converted to living quarters. You bag is heavy with your tourist gear. You want more than anything to set it down. Really, it's the solar cell. It frickin' huge. Like two square feet big.
   Entering the luge living space, you notice that it is warmer than expected in here. Looking around there's about twenty men standing or sitting around a massive bar. Like fifty feet of liquor bottles, all looking perfectly aligned and almost begging to be drank. There's an old man behind the bar serving drinks with extra flair, despite the dreary surroundings. He catches sight of you whilst shaking a martini.
   "'Ey! We got us a new one! Yeehaw! Another round of drinks on the house!" He sounds almost like he's from Texas. "What can I do for ya?"
   "What's the deal with this place?"
   "Ah, you really are new. This is Last Hope Air Base. We're currently trying to unearth the secrets of an ancient city to the east. Only way to get there is by plane, so you'll likely never see it up close, unless you're extremely lucky. Well, since you're here and obviously new, I'm gonna put you to work. There's a mine just under the bar where we get our heat. Only problem is, we heard noises from there yesterday, so I sent my assistant down there. He hasn't come back, so I want you to go check on him. What do you say?" He extends his hand towards you in a friendly gesture.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2017, 11:41:52 am »

"I'll do it, pass us that there 12 gage, you got a bear proble down there, nothing more..."

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2017, 05:54:14 am »

"I'll do it, pass us that there 12 gage, you got a bear proble down there, nothing more..."
do that
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane