Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Recruitment  (Read 561 times)

Pops

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Recruitment
« on: December 16, 2017, 08:48:46 pm »

Hey guys, I've been playing df for years. Been having issues in the latest update with recruiting dwarves into squads. My current fortress is up to 108 adults, yet I only have about 30 candidates available in the military screen. Any ideas what's causing this? None of the mercenaries that have volunteered for monster slaying show up for squad assignments either

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Recruitment
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 03:51:30 am »

You say you have 108 adults, but are all of those citizens, or are most of them only resident entertainers and some odd scholar? Resident mercs can be assigned to any squad position other than leader (who has to be a citizen) (in fact squad duty is the only thing mercs can be used for). Non merc residents cannot be drafted until they petition to become citizens. Once they've been accepted as citizens they can be drafted as any other citizens (including as squad leaders for the mercs [who never petition for citizenship]).

I have no experience of moster slayers (waiting for a plug to the artifact seeker invasion before starting a proper fortress).

Pops

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Recruitment
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 01:53:58 pm »

You say you have 108 adults, but are all of those citizens, or are most of them only resident entertainers and some odd scholar? Resident mercs can be assigned to any squad position other than leader (who has to be a citizen) (in fact squad duty is the only thing mercs can be used for). Non merc residents cannot be drafted until they petition to become citizens. Once they've been accepted as citizens they can be drafted as any other citizens (including as squad leaders for the mercs [who never petition for citizenship]).

I have no experience of moster slayers (waiting for a plug to the artifact seeker invasion before starting a proper fortress).

Ooooh, I goofed xD Thanks for mentioning that, they're monster slayers not mercs! They signed up for that not soldering. As for the adults, most are citizens doing different labors.