Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Warrior Monks/Mujahideen/Crusaders?  (Read 1885 times)

Wilfred of Ivanhoe

• Bay Watcher
  • positively macabre
    • View Profile
    • My Music
Warrior Monks/Mujahideen/Crusaders?
« on: December 09, 2017, 11:20:23 pm »

Amongst while shouting my exploits to a tavern crowd only to be hit with a certain "An unknown creature was slain. It was inevitable"-bug, I noticed some monks walking out of the tavern. I took a closer look and it seems that these monks are caparisoned for war:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

After talking to them, they tell me that they are soldiers by profession. Is this some sort of holy order that exists within the town? Is it normal for town guards to moonlight as monks at the local temple?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 11:26:03 pm by Wilfred of Ivanhoe »
(1) You grab your golf bag and take out your gun. But then an Orc comes over and sensually gives you a massage. You decide to marry the Orc and live together. Unfortunately, the Orc walks over a slime mine and blows up. You commit suicide, unable to bare the thought of living with out your one true love.

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
Re: Warrior Monks/Mujahideen/Crusaders?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 10:47:26 am »

At first glance, they seem to be spies.

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 11:05:53 am »

Probably spies. I believe they start out with the "Scout" profession in world-gen, which gives them arms and armor. Not very sneaky, especially when you can look at their decorated helms and mail shirts and see their real civ's symbol on them.
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 12:23:59 pm »

Can someone get a real monk and look at their loadout? Note that all the spy professions have real counterparts aswell, so they are not all spies. I wouldnt be surprised if pilgrims have armor though, they travel alot.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2017, 01:53:10 pm »

Can someone get a real monk and look at their loadout? Note that all the spy professions have real counterparts aswell, so they are not all spies. I wouldnt be surprised if pilgrims have armor though, they travel alot.
Monks (real ones) seem to spend their time in worldgen 'recruiting' other monks, interestingly enough. Wonder if anything mechanical is actually happening there?

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2017, 10:35:15 pm »

Monks (real ones) seem to spend their time in worldgen 'recruiting' other monks, interestingly enough. Wonder if anything mechanical is actually happening there?

Probably something to play around with.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

JakeSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2018, 07:21:17 pm »

I once made warrior-priest my forts guard cause the god they worshiped was one of forts so I gave them full plate-armor and warhammer and sent them out to purge my foes...
VALLHALLA HUNGERS!!!
-JakeSlayer