Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Will bins ever be fixed?  (Read 5341 times)

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
Re: Will bins ever be fixed?
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2017, 03:34:48 pm »

This part?

If the creator of a thread gives appropriate additional guidelines for an individual thread, please try to respect them.  Threads often drift away from their opening themes here, and there isn't a strong sense of thread "ownership", so there's a gray area, but if a thread has been designed for a specific purpose, please try to adhere to that, especially if the creator urges you to do so.  Do not derail threads.
Team Bug Fix!

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2017, 01:07:23 am »

i wanted them to find it out themselves, but it's this part:
Do not pick a fight or insult another poster.  Do not continue a fight if you feel you have been insulted.  Report it to the moderator.  If you instead respond in kind, you run the risk of being considered part of the problem.
Despite its prevalence on the internet, bigoted language is frowned upon here.  Do not go there.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

joaodosgrao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2017, 10:08:05 am »

This part?

If the creator of a thread gives appropriate additional guidelines for an individual thread, please try to respect them.  Threads often drift away from their opening themes here, and there isn't a strong sense of thread "ownership", so there's a gray area, but if a thread has been designed for a specific purpose, please try to adhere to that, especially if the creator urges you to do so.  Do not derail threads.

Too bad you missed this part, Pvt. Pirate.
So much for lecturing people, huh. Another nobody.
Hypocritical cherrypicking at its best.

Ok, I'm impolite, yadda yadda, IDC, stick to topic.
I already apologized for the misunderstanding ONCE, I won't do it again.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 10:12:53 am by joaodosgrao »

warwizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2017, 01:32:53 pm »

Well,  I'm in my first 44.x fort and have put lots of bins to work, including for ammo, my hunters ARE grabbing bolts out of bins and my mechanic is grabbing arrows from bins to load the bows with in the weapon traps. I DO get a no ammo message when the hunter shoots off the last bolt and when the mechanic loads the last arrow, however I had no other ammo related jobs active at the time, so this spam may not be related to the bins being locked.
  I have NOT created a gems stockpile as of yet, though with some 200 cut gems in my workshop means I will need to do *something*.  I will likely create a 1 square dump zone 1 square away and have everything dumped to the spot.
  I have not seen any bins getting used to haul yet. (I have not had any large piles of clothes, all except one death in the fort was due to dragon fire, and there was nothing left to haul).

Tested and working: Mechanics and hunters pulling bolts and arrows from bins.
  Untested: Crossbow squad pulling ammo from bins.
  Untested: Job cancellation spam.
  Untested: Haulers carrying bins to pick up 1 sock.

I have seen the wheelbarrow getting used to pick up multiple food items when doing a mass (p) gathering. Untested on finished goods.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2017, 03:42:50 pm »

Yes. Bins are not broken. But they do intermittently stop working. If they were just "broken" it'd be simple to fix them.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2017, 05:59:46 pm »

Well, I'm in my first 44.x fort and have put lots of bins to work, including for ammo, my hunters ARE grabbing bolts out of bins and my mechanic is grabbing arrows from bins to load the bows with in the weapon traps. I DO get a no ammo message when the hunter shoots off the last bolt and when the mechanic loads the last arrow, however I had no other ammo related jobs active at the time, so this spam may not be related to the bins being locked.
The issue manifests as equipment mismatch spam.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 2 [3]