Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 76

Author Topic: Vigilo Confido : XCOM Arms Race  (Read 81031 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Vigilo Confido : XCOM Arms Race
« on: December 11, 2017, 02:44:47 pm »

Link to Main Thread

Hello, Commander. In light of the recent extraterrestrial incursion, this Council of Nations has convened to approve the activation of the XCOM Project.
You have been chosen to lead this initiative. To oversee our first—and last—line of defense.
Your efforts will have considerable influence on this planet's future. We urge you to keep that in mind as you proceed.
Good luck, Commander.

Spoiler: Starting Tech (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 02:48:55 pm by 10ebbor10 »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Vigilo Confido : XCOM Arms Race
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 02:57:52 pm »

Pah. Aliens are boring. Glory to XCOM!

Now lets get to the gene mods!
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 03:23:48 pm »

Game Start :

Special Design Phase

During this special design phase, 2 proposals will be voted upon. 1 is an ordinary design phase proposal. The other is the location and nature of XCOM's secret main base. Whether you go for the tradition underground base or something else is your choice. The traditional design is rolled on 2d4, the base design is a guaranteed 6.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 03:52:01 pm »

OK, so formally joining humans.

So we roll 2d4 for...only the traditional design? And every other design is guaranteed a 6?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 03:58:26 pm »

You roll 2d4 for almost every design. Occassionally, I do special events with their own special rules. The one for this turn is an extra design restricted to a subject, but with a guaranteed roll.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 04:01:17 pm »

VIGILI CONFIDO
I shall join this superior side. Prepare to be graced with my magnificent designs in some undetermined period of time.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2017, 04:12:25 pm »

Sorry, sleep deprivation (I sound like Nemonole...).

I meant "only for the traditional base design". As for the base design, well, a carrier might make for an interesting base. Tactical flexibility, built-in airfield, mobility, a lot of other ships almost certainly protecting it...

The regular design, well, ebbor, do we really not even have the most basic of infantry equipment right now?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2017, 04:25:34 pm »

I shall join XCOM. More when I'm fully awake tomorrow.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2017, 06:12:22 pm »

I meant "only for the traditional base design".

I'm not sure I understand the point of confusion, so I'll just re-iterate. Right now you're voting for

1 Design proposal that can be anything you want, and rolls 2d4
And
1 Design proposal for a base that is a guaranteed 6

The regular design, well, ebbor, do we really not even have the most basic of infantry equipment right now?

You have a access to every bit of conventional infantry equipment. I'm just not going to write those out. If you want a thing explicitedly added to the spoiler, ask.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 06:15:36 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2017, 06:15:13 pm »

It would be nice if we had an assault rifle or carbine, sniper rifle, and handgun added. And possibly a grenade.

To make things simpler, I mean. So you can say "here's basically what you have and it's the best available" instead of us dithering over which modern AR or carbine or sniper is the "best" and begging to know why we couldn't just bring this gun or that gun.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2017, 06:18:36 pm »

Ok, I'll add those when I'm not falling asleep.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2017, 06:57:21 pm »

PTW
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2017, 07:16:56 pm »

What I want is... an underwater base.

Well, if the base roll is a 6 no matter how many penalties would be assigned, I want a base in another dimension that gives everyone inside of it magical powers. Seeing as that's probably not the case...

"Sunken Atlantis" Underwater Base:

Our base is in the ocean floor! Literally. It's not on the ocean floor, it's in the ocean floor. Basically, we have a large underground structure in the oceanic crust, and we use airlocks to dispatch and receive our ships. All the water and the layers of rock should make it pretty well concealed. Secondary technologies included in this design:

Underwater Comms: Radio communications that work underwater better.
Shark: Adaptations to our Raven and Skyranger that let them travel underwater. We may want to spend a dedicated design on this.
~~~
I like this because it's new. Basically, an old fashioned underground base or flying helicarrier base sounds boring to me. Because we've been there and done that!
The alternative is placing a base on the Moon, but the aliens would probably notice that.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 07:22:24 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2017, 07:33:58 pm »

Who said anything about flying carriers?

I mean a literal aircraft carrier which, given our budget, would probably house our entire operational staff (Totally not a liability, but hey, at least it's not vulnerable to a single seismic event or thermobaric bomb strike, like any sort of underground base is).

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2017, 08:43:01 pm »

Yeah, but an underground underwater base is doubly protected by the massive layers of water and by being underground.
Generic Arms Race.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 76