Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]

Author Topic: Legends of Ealos (An RP Thing in a fantasy world) [NEW PLAYERS WELCOME]  (Read 22643 times)

Cyne-Wulf

• Bay Watcher
  • Fenrisúlfr shall consume.
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of Ealos (An RP Thing in a fantasy world) [NEW PLAYERS WELCOME]
« Reply #360 on: June 11, 2018, 12:23:25 am »

Continue helping the Llychlyn, and cease the attacks on the darkness, but attempt to create methods of assault that could potentially work. Continue developing navy and army, and the making of enchanted weapons and armour. We shall also attempt to make Golems or animated statues etc.
My SpaceStory Characters

GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 11, 2018, 01:49:14 am »

I love how this outlived its rival game. :P
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Cadeyrn Heffernan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 11, 2018, 01:59:46 am »

Which game is that?
Also, only ish. It's dying cause I have been far too busy.
Legends of Ealos

My SpaceStory Nation

GENERATION 33:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 11, 2018, 02:36:22 am »

Which game is that?
Also, only ish. It's dying cause I have been far too busy.
SpaceStory. That died early in 2018. And you can still resuscitate this game, it's possible.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 12, 2018, 06:05:59 pm »

Ka'uratazun decides that she should probably avoid any unnecessary encounters with another dragon of similar stature to her own. She decides to check back at her own lair to make sure that nobody was dumb enough to revisit it so soon, but makes a note to check back later to see if the dragon was only visiting.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 06:16:40 pm by Supernerd »
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 13, 2018, 06:28:45 pm »

The Nekohlin Leader decides on a course of action. First things first: Ask "The Scholar" what the Todeslande is and how the crap did they defeat Iomeer? Second, he tells "The Scholar" to keep this news quiet. He wanted a damn good speech prepared before breaching this topic.

A few new food related laws would be passed. Until things improve, wasting food will be considered a misdemeanor which someone can be fined for. It will also be legally required to release any fish that are bearing eggs. It wouldn't be a popular announcement but the Nekohlin will want to be able to eat fish in the future. Caviar that was prepared before the announcement of this law will be a grandfathered exception of course.

The Nekohlin Leader wasn't planning to rush this matter, but it suddenly became prudent. A financial reward would be offered to anyone who can uncover the secret behind steel. Work would be continued on the Prototype Crossbows.

The military presence in the northern woods would be dialed back considerably. A few patrols would stay in the area to ensure the health of the forest; as it may be of great importance to the Nekohlin interest. Some people would also be sent in to forage for food. The mages would be instructed to make a second attempt to contact a dryad; as it seemed highly probable that at least one was lurking in the forest somewhere. We want to know what is and is not ok to do in the forest, and some tips on caring for trees during the blight would be nice.

Next... It was time to start writing a damn good speech...
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Cadeyrn Heffernan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 16, 2018, 11:41:04 pm »

Okay, I don't think anyone else will be replying then... At least the update will be quick to write?

Goltor
You seal the entrance to the cave, and enter a deep slumber.
((I assume that means you won't be playing anymore?))

Ka'uratazun
You arrive back at your cave, to find your treasure undisturbed. However, there are some people near the entrance.

Lakami
The attacks are ceased, and the mages are tasked to create forms of assault that may work through the darkness' tearing of spell weaving. The Llychlyn are nearly fully protected due to the quantity of effort your mages are putting in, and the navy and army are approaching the maximum of your available funding. The mages you tasked to created Golems or animated statues have setbacks on larger objects, but have found that they can make smaller ones move.
The armour and weapons you have been making are currently enough for half the army.
A ship from the nation you are sending a ship to arrived and traded some very valuable foreign items in exchange for surplus food.

Qassatoughua
You find it shockingly easy to contact the darkness...
"You wish to commune, mortal?"

The Messenger
You find that the breastplate helped her increase the power of her spells and protected her from some magical attacks, while her helmet allowed her to weave spells faster. This meant that her already fairly powerful magics were boosted to the point where she may have beaten you if it weren't for her exhaustion and the intervention of your statues.
You head out to the deck to find yourself on the shores of the Norland, near a strange city. The Ijzervolk have vanished from the ship without a trace...

Nekohlin
((If I miss anything, tell me. I think it's obvious now that I tend to miss things...))
The scholar uses a map to show you the defended border the Iomeer had set up.
"They tunneled under the walls, and collapsed them when they attacked. In moments the defenses Iomeer had built were leveled, and the survivors were mopped up. They were led by a creature made of pure shadows, and magic stopped working. This is due to the nature of Todeslande."
((I PMed what he'll tell you with Ka'uratazun a while back, if you can find it. I couldn't, but I'll double check after the update...))
"I'll keep quiet, believe me."
The Minister of Learning tells you that a few students have been found to be true savants in several fields, and that if need be the education fund can be cut back- There are significantly less children to teach...

The Minister of Industry has completed a massive reservoir of water which can support your current population for around 3 months. He also reports that some refugees who have come have told how to make steel.

The Minister of Commerce reports that the exploratory trade ships have returned from a continent across the sea with an ambassador ship and holds full of food.
He also reports that the "Premium Yinglet Snack" is completed, and you get quite a sizable amount of food from them.

The Minister of Defense says that the new repeating crossbows have made you a very powerful nation indeed, as now a much smaller force is required to achieve victory than before.

The Minister of Culture reports that the Yinglet are willing to accept an all-female research team.

The Minister of Thaumaturgy reports that they have discovered a way to soldify the ground to be effectively indestructible- Nothing the Nekohlin have can break it at least. He believes this could be great for industry, as foundations will be able to be made incredibly strong.

People seem absolutely fine with the food restrictions- Apparently, they are aware of the food issues, although you get a fair amount of push back in regards to Caviar. The foraging in the woods to the north produces a decent amount of food given the current circumstances. You find a Dryad who helps your people avoid damaging the forest, and how to care for the trees and plants.
The ambassador ship carries some large snake-people.

((What did you ask the Fire Dragon btw? I couldn't find anything beyond "the Minister of Learning would try asking the Fire Dragon about some things of importance" but you might have PMed it to me. Other than that I think I got everything :P))

Llychlyn
As the Lakami’s work against the blight approaches completion and Fanw’s efforts to help the Lakami during the blight becomes incredibly apparent- Where before the game barely approached normal levels despite all you did, but now animals are flooding the land. You find it necessary to lift hunting restrictions to prevent the explosion of animal population from hurting the forests irreparably.
The good faith the Lakami have shown in the alliance causes a flood of volunteers to fight by their side, and the population resurges now that people can have children.

You get minor headway into the seeming abyss that is magic, using words of power. The scholars of the clan begin to call these words of power “Words of Weaving” as they tell you that magic is formed by weaving the threads of reality. Currently they have very little power or expertise, and are far outclassed by the Lakami mages, who seem to understand that you wish to advance magic in your own way, and are willing to stand aside, although they do occasionally send advice to Eheubryd on things not to attempt due to the catastrophes the Lakami have dealt with taking those actions- Things like turning lead into gold, or attempting to make people smarter.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 03:34:24 am by Cadeyrn Heffernan »
Legends of Ealos

My SpaceStory Nation

GENERATION 33:

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 16, 2018, 11:43:11 pm »

(Oops, ninjad)

The Ertanian people are informed, and the rejoicing is forced and colored with fear. Those about to begin their raids aren’t halted, for recklessness has been in their blood from the beginning.
However, the inexorability of the expansion convinces them to send the raiding party further north to the more fertile grounds.

Meanwhile, the merchant fleet is finally prepared, and the few remaining merchants have made their final trades in preparation for the move. They set off northwards to find yet another civilisation to rest upon.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]