Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57]

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead  (Read 113905 times)

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #840 on: October 25, 2020, 06:01:43 pm »

Man honestly, I was still being cordial with you bc I figured out of everyone here I was stating my opinions honestly without any sort of bile. Yeah the other people here can be dicks sometimes, but the core message behind all their talk is that they want the game to improve and be good, even if they have different ideas. If you're taking my honestly p benign take on the situation and at least in text implicit ideas -whether they be wrong or not- and use that to justify leaving, fine, but don't be so passive aggressive with your closing remarks, because it helps literally no one and all it does it make the community more bitter.

Erk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: October 25, 2020, 06:24:12 pm »

It's not what you said, it's that in explaining why I was tired of dealing with this shit I realized I was tired of dealing with this shit. That, and tired of having to defend being tired of dealing with this shit... That part is you, in this case. It's not exclusive to you though, defending people for being assholes who just can't help themselves because "that's how they show love for the game" is apparently very common here. And no, that's not passive aggression, I don't know what those words mean to you but describing a situation and then choosing to act because of it is neither passive nor aggressive.

And now I really am gone.
'River' cancels eat: Food is problematic.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: October 25, 2020, 06:25:22 pm »

I feel like I need to defend poor Erk here, since they're basically getting ganged up on, then attacked when they lose their cool.

1st: This isn't a Kevin Alt.  Erk has in fact been on this site longer than myself.  Just look at their profile page.

2nd: A game that other people are making is a game that other people are making.  If you really want to change it, then you either join the development team and put stuff in, or if that for whatever reason won't work, then you mod the game into what you like.  Maybe others will like your mod, and you've got your own branch.  Hell, I think the only reason Erk puts up with the CDDA crowd is because they want to change the game.  I'm not sure its a community I would join for any other reason.  And now Erk's Dwarf Fortress forum mates are attacking them for the trouble.  Again, member since 2008

3rd: This all started with the rouge comment of an ESCAPED LUNATIC.  I mean, anyone that has been around for a while fully understands why first time or very new posters get that label instead of Bay Watcher.  They're generally a bit off until they get acclimated.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: October 25, 2020, 06:35:06 pm »

They're being ganged up on because at this point Erk has demonstrated he is completely incapable of acting respectful towards anyone who has even the slightest criticism of the game and its dev practice. Iceblaster was by far the most polite of those here and Erk still can't accept any feedback from them without lashing out blindly.

I've held back on saying anything for a couple pages now because I find it too easy to get heated over it, but this attitude is entirely why the thread is so regularly argumentative. The few developers willing to actually talk to the community are about as capable of acting mature as I am. :v

EDIT: A page rather, feels like it's been longer than that.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 06:57:19 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: October 25, 2020, 06:37:20 pm »

They're being ganged up on because at this point Erk has demonstrated he is completely incapable of acting respectful towards anyone who has even the slightest criticism of the game and its dev practice. Iceblaster was by far the most polite of those here and Erk still can't accept any feedback from them without lashing out blindly.

I've held back on saying anything for a couple pages now because I find it too easy to get heated over it, but this attitude is entirely why the thread is so regularly argumentative. The few developers willing to actually talk to the community are about as capable of acting mature as I am. :v

LOL

But really, aren't we all still high school at heart?  :P
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57]