Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 32

Author Topic: Monster Hunter World: Iceborne  (Read 49811 times)

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter World - PC release Aug 9th!
« Reply #135 on: August 09, 2018, 11:07:58 am »

Well, it's downloading. Hoping Capcom got the denuvo fix in for launch :x
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 09, 2018, 12:06:27 pm »

Well good news, it at the very least launches on my pc with an old overclocked G3258 so it seems they patched the denuvo issues for the launch version.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 09, 2018, 01:42:25 pm »

Denuvo is literally Satan.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 09, 2018, 04:09:08 pm »

recycling my old guild back into service. join if you want, or don't, i'll be making the guild ingame if it allows and anyone's free to join at any level. im a vet monster hunter player and i'd be happy to share my experience.

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/CSW-Steam -for us and anyone ya know who likes this game

https://discord.gg/EQ6C4Ke -our discord
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 04:48:55 pm by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 09, 2018, 04:33:12 pm »

So, question: how do you fish? It's not like other games where you just go up to designated fishing bodies of water and press A.
You have to actually equip the fishing rod from the item menu. Same for catching bugs with bug nets.
i made a steam group for this, and i'll set up a simple discord for it too. maybe it'll stagnate with the game or maybe it'll grow and we'll use it for other games as well. idk.

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/TheFortressHunters -for us and anyone ya know who likes this game

https://discord.gg/7AaZRaR -our discord
I think there's already a Bay 12 group, maybe? I was planning on playing with friends but we'll see how that goes

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 09, 2018, 04:41:33 pm »

i know we have the dfc and dfp (dwarf fortress community and dwarf fortress players) groups but i dont often see people in the players group chat and most people in the dfc one do their own thing.

actually, instead of making those new ones, i think i'll recycle my old clan/guild group Cthulhu Saves the World back into service again; all the stuff for it is set up.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 09, 2018, 08:04:09 pm »

So the framerate in town and during quests is fine for the most part but my game is plagued with a really shitty problem. Whenever any sort of load happens, the game and my ENTIRE SYSTEM will lock up for up to 30 seconds, sometimes more, before recovering and the game resuming its thing. This happens on initial game load, loading the save, preparing the upcoming mission, even before most tutorial popup messages and sometimes when swapping weapon at the item box. Needless to say other apps don't really react well to this and sometimes crash, get disconnected, or have their rendering get bugged, leaving a black/blank window. I haven't tried playing online yet, but I'm pretty sure this would also disconnect me from multiplayer since nothing responds during that time, not even the mouse or keyboard, it's 100% locked up.

I really don't what's to blame for this.

Edit: even setting the process priority lower doesn't stop it from locking up the system by using 100% cpu. I think I'm gonna blame Denuvo for this as it's not normal processs behavior. I've managed to limit lock ups by using BES to limit the amount of cpu time it's allowed to get by auto-suspending it for some cycles now and then.

Fuck Denuvo :(
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 10:02:59 pm by Ygdrad »

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 09, 2018, 10:38:07 pm »

You start the game with one. Look through your item list again.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 10, 2018, 01:17:36 am »

So, question: how do you fish? It's not like other games where you just go up to designated fishing bodies of water and press A.
You have to actually equip the fishing rod from the item menu. Same for catching bugs with bug nets.

You can also grab fishes with the net. If you really need the fish, like for a quest or something, the pole is more reliable...but net is soooo much faster.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 10, 2018, 02:25:28 am »

How's the difficulty in World? I've heard it's easier than MH4U which I'm accustomed to, but if it's so much easier that I can breeze through it then I might not bother spending $60 on it

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 10, 2018, 03:13:04 am »

How's the difficulty in World? I've heard it's easier than MH4U which I'm accustomed to, but if it's so much easier that I can breeze through it then I might not bother spending $60 on it
Any MH without G-rank is going to be easier than MH4U by default. Including this one.

I'm loving the shit out of it though.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 10, 2018, 04:30:50 am »

Any MH without G-rank is going to be easier than MH4U by default. Including this one.

I'm loving the shit out of it though.
To be more specific, how difficult is it to kill a monster in High Rank MHW compared to High Rank MH4U? :P

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 10, 2018, 05:37:19 am »

So I just completed the first Barroth quest. A Rathian showed up and the npc's told me to run away. Having played every MH game except the chinese mmo I just said "hold my beer" and went at it, turns out they buffed her pretty hard since they didn't want you fighting her, she could 1-shot me, but I beat her, using up most of the mission time but getting a Rathian plate for my trouble. Finished Barroth with 4 minutes left, he went down really quickly in comparison, kinda anti-climactic :P.

Overall so far I'm finding most things die pretty quick compared to other MH games, makes me wish they hadn't done away with the harder multiplayer quests in favor of scaling. Also the lance is insane now and can dance around bosses while practically invincible.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 05:43:27 am by Ygdrad »

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 10, 2018, 07:31:15 am »

Ah, the good ol rathy. My fav animal in the whole series, next to the tigrex and rathalos.

Maybe the quests scale in hardness based on number of players present too?

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 10, 2018, 11:12:41 am »

Ah, the good ol rathy. My fav animal in the whole series, next to the tigrex and rathalos.

Maybe the quests scale in hardness based on number of players present too?

The quests do scale based on number of players, but due to this I don't think you can solo "online" quests anymore.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 32