Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 32

Author Topic: Monster Hunter World: Iceborne  (Read 49531 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter World
« Reply #345 on: October 25, 2019, 03:38:06 pm »

Yeah, I think I'll handle teostra once I've got the roar combo sorted, he's not very hard.  Lunastra is weird, is the big thing.  Her supernova is weird, her fire fields are weird, she's a weird monster to get the hang of.  Astera jerky mostly negates the chip damage she does in her supernova, but the big thing is she can make the fire fields flare up and do damage.

Really weirdly, if you have her and kushala daora in the same area for some reason, the daora tornadoes will pick up the fire fields and become fire tornadoes.
Shoes...

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 25, 2019, 03:39:53 pm »

Daora used to be the bane of my life until I discovered what Flash Pods do to it.

Still need a Daora gem tho.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 25, 2019, 03:47:05 pm »

So Iceborne's release will be on January 9th, pre-orders are already up on Steam.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 25, 2019, 07:07:52 pm »

Daora used to be the bane of my life until I discovered what Flash Pods do to it.

Elderseal to the head will also reliably KO him.  With a greatsword you can almost 100-0 stunlock him by KOing him, then rushing to true charge slash and hitting him again as he stands up
Shoes...

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 25, 2019, 07:23:32 pm »

Elderseal to the head will also reliably KO him.  With a greatsword you can almost 100-0 stunlock him by KOing him, then rushing to true charge slash and hitting him again as he stands up

I just love knocking his ass out of the air so much, though.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: October 29, 2019, 07:10:51 pm »

Iceborne is out on Steam today, for a cool $39.99.

MHW has more than paid for itself so I'm not bitching about the price. But I just did another marathon of it and can honestly wait a while for it. With Iceborne + the base game coming out in an ultimate edition next year, I imagine Iceborne may go on sale before then.

edit

Deerrrrrppp. Reading is good. For how much fanfare there is around it, you'd have thought this was release day.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 07:16:33 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 29, 2019, 08:28:36 pm »

Iceborne is out on Steam today, for a cool $39.99.

MHW has more than paid for itself so I'm not bitching about the price. But I just did another marathon of it and can honestly wait a while for it. With Iceborne + the base game coming out in an ultimate edition next year, I imagine Iceborne may go on sale before then.

edit

Deerrrrrppp. Reading is good. For how much fanfare there is around it, you'd have thought this was release day.
It's okay. I made that mistake too.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 01, 2019, 02:58:40 pm »

I'm a little miffed at the moment. In my haste to pre-purchase the game I hadn't realized that what I wanted was the digital deluxe edition and but I can't get it because I already got the other edition instead. Apparently there's no way to upgrade either, and I don't know if I'll be able to get it once it's actually released or if it's only for pre-orders.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #353 on: November 01, 2019, 03:38:59 pm »

I'm a little miffed at the moment. In my haste to pre-purchase the game I hadn't realized that what I wanted was the digital deluxe edition and but I can't get it because I already got the other edition instead. Apparently there's no way to upgrade either, and I don't know if I'll be able to get it once it's actually released or if it's only for pre-orders.
Can't you refund the pre-purchase?

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 01, 2019, 03:45:43 pm »

I haven never had to refund anything before but I can give it a shot? I tried to look it up on Google but all I got were people asking about the PS4 version, not Steam.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #355 on: November 01, 2019, 04:17:27 pm »

Go to https://help.steampowered.com/en/ log in and find the game, click it, click "It's not what I expected", "I'd like to request a refund" and fill out the form.

Steam servers are slow right now so if it errors just try again

It usually takes about a day to process and another day for the money to be returned to your steam account. A refund to your card can take 3-5 days.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 01, 2019, 06:30:35 pm »

That said, you can almost always upgrade once it comes out.

But you certainly have time to exchange it using the above method.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: December 20, 2019, 05:21:53 pm »

I know I don't really keep this thread updated as much as I would like, but the G-rank expansion is going to be released in just about 3 weeks. If you haven't completed the main story yet then be sure to get it completed before the expansion comes out. The devs were even nice enough to release 'lazy' armor sets and weapons to help people cheese their way through low and high rank quicker, something they haven't done in previous titles to my knowledge. If you still need someone to carry you and you don't feel like doing it with randoms then I'm on the Bay12 discord server (even if I never talk there, so you'll probably have to poke me).

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 20, 2019, 07:05:37 pm »

I know I don't really keep this thread updated as much as I would like, but the G-rank expansion is going to be released in just about 3 weeks. If you haven't completed the main story yet then be sure to get it completed before the expansion comes out. The devs were even nice enough to release 'lazy' armor sets and weapons to help people cheese their way through low and high rank quicker, something they haven't done in previous titles to my knowledge. If you still need someone to carry you and you don't feel like doing it with randoms then I'm on the Bay12 discord server (even if I never talk there, so you'll probably have to poke me).

Hell I'll come along for basically anything as well. I'm hardly pro but i'm 56 rank and don't really remember the last time I outright failed at a hunt. Hit me up.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: December 21, 2019, 12:32:18 am »

It's worth noting that you shouldn't feel too much pressure to grind for gear in preparation for Master Rank, as the simplest armors you can craft from Master Rank monsters will likely outclass anything you have access to before Iceborne comes out.

That's how it's been in basically every previous MH game, anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 32