Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 32

Author Topic: Monster Hunter World: Iceborne  (Read 49694 times)

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter World - Release day!
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2018, 05:50:40 am »

I've been playing it since the second it unlocked (beside these bothersome sleeping periods) and I love it.  :D

A couple of observations:
* Use the lifts instead of the stairs in the hub.
* Use 'investigations' for farming. You get a lot of these, so don't worry that they can only be done a limited number of times.

I've made a squad simply called:
Bay12
This is for Playstation.

There was very little work and no benefit for me in doing it, so let's try to meet.
You can be a member of 8 squads at the same time, so joining this shouldn't block anything.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 09:55:25 pm by askovdk »
My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2018, 10:44:49 am »

Bay12
There was very little work and no benefit for me in doing it, so let's try to meet.
You can be a member of 8 squads at the same time, so joining this shouldn't block anything.

Cool, I'll add it to the OP, however it would be useful to know which platform you're playing on first.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2018, 04:30:00 pm »

Anjanath is the first monster to really give me trouble; I failed the first 7 times I fought him. Each time I would struggle for 20-30 minutes, chipping away at his health, then suddenly he would start 1-shotting people from full health with fireballs from halfway across the map with no warning. I need to kill him several more times for the weekly quest...not looking forward to it.

Also, I wish someone would have told me before all that mess that fire can be extinguished by rolling.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 04:32:28 pm by Folly »

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2018, 05:27:56 pm »

I'm going to have to wait till fall for the pc version since I don't own a current gen console nor do I plan on ever owning one again. I'm still not sure whether this release gap is for polishing the pc version or just to protect console sales.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2018, 07:02:25 pm »

Also, I wish someone would have told me before all that mess that fire can be extinguished by rolling.
I'm not sure about in this game but in the ones I played if you roll in water the fire goes out immediately instead of after 3 rolls.

I'm going to have to wait till fall for the pc version since I don't own a current gen console nor do I plan on ever owning one again. I'm still not sure whether this release gap is for polishing the pc version or just to protect console sales.
I personally think it's a bit of both, but we'll know for sure when it comes out and can see whether it runs like trash or not. They also could have gotten paid by Microsoft and Sony to delay to PC release to help encourage people to buy their hardware, but if that's the case it seems odd that they each wouldn't be able to get their own console exclusive release dates (I.E. one console gets their release a week earlier).

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2018, 09:57:55 pm »

Bay12

Cool, I'll add it to the OP, however it would be useful to know which platform you're playing on first.

Of cause. I'm on Playstation. :)
My HMoM forts :

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2018, 10:51:21 pm »

just bought it for my ps4. i have very fond memories of Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, 4 Ultimate, and Generations so this is right up my alley. i can't imagine trying to perform last minute dodges at walking speed without a joystick so i splurged and first adopted.

its going to take a while before i start playing tho; got some stuff i gotta finish this weekend. but then. then i'll be grinding rathians like the olden days.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter World - Commence the waitening
« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2018, 11:03:53 pm »

Less than 24 hours to launch! I'm getting hype!

Not for people waiting for the PC release.. :(
c r a w l i n g  i n  m y  s k i n

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2018, 02:57:05 pm »

Anjanath is the first monster to really give me trouble; I failed the first 7 times I fought him...I need to kill him several more times for the weekly quest...not looking forward to it.

I managed to finish the weekly quota without further losses, except for one investigation with an unusually short time limit where we ran out of time. I think my losing streak was just a mix of bad luck and steep learning curve.

I discovered the training room, accessible through my personal room, and spent some time learning the intricacies of the weapons I've been using. I also consulted some websites, as many of the combos are not listed anywhere in game. Better understanding of my weapons has been a huge help.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter World
« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2018, 03:40:40 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2018, 05:07:30 pm »

I thought I had finished the story Sunday after 45 hours, and all that was left was grinding stronger versions of the same creatures.
... I was wrong!   :D  :D  :D

So without giving any spoilers, then remember to keep playing after you guided a certain someone towards the sea. 
My HMoM forts :

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 30, 2018, 05:46:44 pm »

I thought I had finished the story Sunday after 45 hours, and all that was left was grinding stronger versions of the same creatures.
... I was wrong!   :D  :D  :D

So without giving any spoilers, then remember to keep playing after you guided a certain someone towards the sea.
I appreciate the subtlety, and also the promise of content after the main game is complete. That news alone is awesome for someone who's taking his time in the main campaign.

I'm just gonna throw it out there that anyone who wants to post something that is potentially spoiler flag it with "HR ___ spoiler" or something similar. That way, anyone beyond that Hunter Rank knows that they're safe to view the spoiler and it doesn't become a guessing game.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2018, 06:15:09 pm »

When you're making spoiler tags you can do [spoiler=Spoiler Title]Spoiler Text[/spoiler] to make it easier.

I'm trying to avoid as much info as I can until the PC release, but I do wish there was a video spanning from the start of the game up until beating your first boss monster. I did see a video of the first 20 minutes but it's basically just the opening cutscene and then the cutscene you get when you get to Astera.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2018, 10:39:18 am »

I noticed that in my guide, very nearly all of the monster weak points have the exact same number of stars for slashing, blunt and piercing damage. Is there really no difference between the damage types? Why even bother to display them then?

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 31, 2018, 11:43:44 am »

My guide shows no vulnerability for Barroth's head...and equal vulnerability to all 3 physical damage types on his arms and tail.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 32