Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 32

Author Topic: Monster Hunter World: Iceborne  (Read 49781 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter World
« Reply #75 on: January 31, 2018, 03:47:37 pm »

Spoiler: HR Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 31, 2018, 05:04:14 pm »

Despite being breakable and even having a carve point once broken, Barroth's head isn't actually weak. His arms and tail are in fact weakest; you can test that yourself. That doesn't stop every hammer bro I know from whacking him on the head, though.

As far as the different damage types, I think the number of stars will only be different when there's a LARGE disparity in damage. In most previous games, a head weak point would often be something like a 55 damage zone for cutting and 50 for blunt (or vice versa), which is different, but not by much. Since MHW only measures from 1* to 3* in terms of damage, there's no room for comparison for tiny differences.

It's also possible that they've changed the damage zones and there's actually no difference at all anymore, but that would require testing to figure out.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 31, 2018, 08:01:10 pm »

Just finished building my robokitty. It's sooo cute!

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 03, 2018, 10:14:33 am »

Spoiler: HR (click to show/hide)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 03, 2018, 10:04:06 pm »

Coming from only playing Tri and 3U (I'd say 700 hours combined between both) with maybe ten hours of 4U, World is amazing. Pretty much every little annoyance I had like the arm pump, not being able to change gear when I accept a quest, having no clue without the wiki what built out of what, being so stationary when I shot my bowguns, needing specific armor spheres to upgrade to the next level... Missing people like Zin and Narga and Lagi, but there's enough to do in World to keep me happy. Just wish the multiplayer was more family-like like it was before, what with everyone greeting you and taking turns on quests and not continuously hitting the sleeping monster and everyone eating together... Nope, just flares and the room being disbanded instantly.

Also, quick question: How do I tell what the bow does without making it and trying it out? Like it's arrow types and arc shot, I just had to go back a tab in the workshop before and I scoured it for information, can't find it.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 04, 2018, 12:23:28 pm »

All bows have all arrow types now, mapped to seperate buttons IIRC.

Regular shots shoot rapid, Circle shoots out spread etc.

Dunno about the arc shot though.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2018, 12:04:51 am »

Spent all day farming Legianas. Didn't get a single gem.

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 07, 2018, 08:09:47 am »

I can't remember, - can the mender create gems?
She seems to be intended for creating any very rare but desperately needed matrerial.
My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 07, 2018, 09:09:24 am »

I can't remember, - can the mender create gems?
She seems to be intended for creating any very rare but desperately needed matrerial.
Yes, but only with Gold Wyverian Print.

One of the weekly bounties gives 1-2 of those right now, and I think Expedition NPC questlines can also give 1-2 per line completed as well.

Gems drop pretty commonly from gold box investigations, though, so its pretty weird that Folly doesn't have one yet.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 09:12:05 am by BlitzDungeoneer »

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 07, 2018, 09:45:53 am »

My gold box investigations have only been giving scales and hides lately. Just bad luck perhaps.

The melder is gated by either optional or main quests...not sure which, but she hasn't yet unlocked the gem I need.

Edit:
I went back today and got Legiana's gem on the first kill. Thanks Kismet!
Immediately after finishing my Legiana armor set, I grabbed my best bow and went Diablos hunting. The set bonus made a massive difference, with kills taking roughly half as long.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 01:45:28 pm by Folly »

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 07, 2018, 09:01:55 pm »

After several frustrating losses to Nergigante when he was low on health and enraged, I finally decided to just cheese him with mega-barrel-bombs. It took 6 of them to finally bring him down. That guy is a beast when he enrages.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 08, 2018, 11:46:45 am »

After several frustrating losses to Nergigante when he was low on health and enraged, I finally decided to just cheese him with mega-barrel-bombs. It took 6 of them to finally bring him down. That guy is a beast when he enrages.
It seems like ol' Nergy gets particularly violent when he's on his last legs. I've seen him use his highest damage (typically insta-kill) attacks twice in succession after chasing him to his nest. If you have the good fortune to be able to hunt with bowgun friends, I suggest telling them to save some paralysis shots for the very end of the hunt, to mitigate his ability to attack you when he's at his most dangerous. You can also use flash pods and flashflies to help take the edge off.

He's a fun fight, though; he feels challenging in a satisfying way.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 08, 2018, 05:15:22 pm »

When Nergigante limps, his spikes instantly regrow and go black so he can smash open his door, meaning he'll do one smash when you're chasing, one to break the door, then an actual smash that'll break the spikes once he's home.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 08, 2018, 06:34:17 pm »

Anyone notice how amazing glider mantle is? Being able to grapple back onto monsters after they throw you, even when you're 30 feet away but-oh-look-still-two-cm-midair-youregood.jpg

Please don't change it.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 32